ImageImageImageImageImage

Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Re: Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please 

Post#161 » by boomann21 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Am I missing something here? If Delonte West was THAT much of a game changer how come the masters of sleeper picks, the Spurs haven't signed this guy? Or Houston, Memphis, etc?

Look at those post season numbers they are not that special but what is missing from those stats are the little off-camera plays that Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, Lebron, etc make setting up his scene stealing moment.

This has been such a skipping record. Knicks got Camby. We all thought that was the answer. Then we wanted Sheed. Then we wanted K-Mart. We keep getting these chips that are supposed to change our fortunes. They've been alright but nothing to write home about.

That's because our big 3 have become really, the big ONE. Tyson Chandler has been a machine. No matter what signing you make...unless the stars are there to do what they do, it's not going to have that intangible effect you desire.

But go ahead. Put another coin in the Atlantic City slot machine. It's only a quarter.

We gotta roll the dice and take a chance on talent if we are attempting to make a run at the Ship.
NYKMentality85
Analyst
And1: 1,204

Re: Drop White, Sign Delonte, Sooner Rather Than Later Pleas 

Post#162 » by NYKMentality85 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm

moabu08 wrote:We should of cut white and signed Kmart. Losing a defender like Brewer will hurt us down the line I believe.

OKC didn't want White though, and for some reason they gave up a 2nd round draft pick for Ronnie Brewer. Which is starting to look like OKC, like Chicago, and like New York; no longer wanted Brewer and/or like Woodson, is refusing to play Brewer. He's been with OKC for 9 games with only 4 games played. A whopping average of only 3.1 minutes per game. A combined 5 points scored. Only played 3 minutes two games ago against Boston with 0 points, 0 boards, 0 steals, 0 assists etc, etc. Last game against the Spurs? Zero minutes played.

It's starting to look like OKC made a mistake and gave our Knicks a second rounder for absolutely nothing. He's been a shell of what he once was dating back to his injury. When a defensive minded coach such as Tom Thibodeau had no interest in brining Brewer back for cheap, that should've been a warning sign. He's trash right now.

Trading Brewer to OKC for not only a 2nd rounder but also for Kenyon Martin? Big time upgrade moving forward.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#163 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Am I missing something here? If Delonte West was THAT much of a game changer how come the masters of sleeper picks, the Spurs haven't signed this guy? Or Houston, Memphis, etc?

Because he's got mental problems and because they don't have a need for him and don't need to take a chance on a talented but volatile player. That one is easy to answer.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#164 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:
Never Wrong wrote:He's not better than Felton. I don't understand the Felton hate here.

Felton is one of the worst defenders in the league

Much better defender, career 38% shooter from 3 (to Felton's 33%), uses footwork to score and has an in-between game, higher steals per minute, tons of playoff experience, savvier than Felton IMO.

But yeah, he won't replace him, he'll just bolster the backcourt. I think he'll perform here and help the team. So I'll try to forget about Felton for a minute. :oops:

i'm not sure why this comparison is happening. the guys most likely to lose minutes to delonte are shump/pablo.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#165 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 pm

This roster is literally right out of a movie script at the point where West is a Knick too. Can you find more trouble makers, misfits and send offs? They're biggest veteran presence got a DUI the night after he arrived. It's a classic under dog line-up.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#166 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 pm

j4remi wrote:This roster is literally right out of a movie script at the point where West is a Knick too. Can you find more trouble makers, misfits and send offs? They're biggest veteran presence got a DUI the night after he arrived. It's a classic under dog line-up.

isn't that what the 90's knicks were all about too. we love that here.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#167 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Plus he's still young (should be in his prime playing years) and playing for money.

Money has a tendency to cure a lot of ills. It's like a first date. Nobody ever shows their bad side on a first date or when they are auditioning for money.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#168 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 pm

They will cut White for Anthony Carter...must maintain the Denver connection.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#169 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:
i'm not sure why this comparison is happening. the guys most likely to lose minutes to delonte are shump/pablo.

That may be true but even so, he'd help make Felton's job more manageable which will make his performance better. Pablo's minutes are limited, Kidd is not a PG much anymore, JR has limited PG skills. Felton's load is too big for him.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#170 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Plus he's still young (should be in his prime playing years) and playing for money.

Money has a tendency to cure a lot of ills. It's like a first date. Nobody ever shows their bad side on a first date or when they are auditioning for money.

... Course, to be fair, this theory didn't exactly work well last year in Dallas.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#171 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Shumpert's dreadful FG% is very replaceable on offense. Yes, I do believe anyone coming back from that kind of injury this soon should not be starting till next season. Ask Derrick Rose about that.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#172 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm

God, I hope it's not Delonte. We have enough out-of-shape mental midgets.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#173 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:God, I hope it's not Delonte. We have enough out-of-shape mental midgets.

Mental midget? Mental basket case maybe. But he's a smart player.

EDIT: In his career, he's averaged fewer turnovers per minute than our current starting PG.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#174 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:42 am

he expanded on his tweet

The most intriguing free agent is Henry Sims, who was recently released by the Hornets on a 10-day contract after playing for the D-League's Erie BayHawks. But a source close to the Knicks said that if the team released or bought out a player -- possibly James White as Woodson is too committed to Wallace -- they would likely not sign a big. That's especially because the Knicks don't want to spend time this season developing the rookie Sims. They're in veteran mode.

Instead, the source said, the Knicks would be interested in a younger, but experienced, backup point guard. That player would build on Raymond Felton's aggressive play in transition and half-court sets to start games. While Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni are wise floor generals, they simply don't have the consistent speed and quickness to get into the paint and make plays.

The Knicks sometimes lack offensive balance from their first to second unit, and without Stoudemire for the long haul, they're going to need more perimeter penetration to create more shot opportunities. Not to mention, Carmelo Anthony's right knee is still bothering him, so his teammates need to make things easier on the Knicks' star. The number of his routine isolation grind-outs must diminish.

The source said that point guard Delonte West makes the most sense for the Knicks. Also available is Sundiata Gaines, 26, who averaged 5.1 points, 2.2 assists and one steal in 14 minutes per game last season for the Nets, but he's not regarded as highly in NBA circles. Another option could've been Jannero Pargo, but he's signing a 10-day deal with the Bobcats.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/38614/are-knicks-eyeing-another-point-guard
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#175 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:52 am

First he talks about needing perimeter penetration, then mentions guys like Pargo and West. I don't get it.
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#176 » by Never Wrong » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:18 am

god shammgod wrote:
Never Wrong wrote:He's not better than Felton. I don't understand the Felton hate here.

he's not replacing him. did someone say something about felton ? i must have missed it.

KnicksGod wrote:...If he's mentally healthy, he is better than Felton...
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#177 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am

It could be Shelby he's bros with Melo, Shump and JR lol
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#178 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 am

I'm for Delonte West. I like Kenyon too. Birdman was a great pickup for Miami. It's good to get these vets who are fresh/energized during this part of the season if they're available.

Anyone realize that Birdman has only lost 1 game this year? He's played in 22.

Return to New York Knicks