ImageImageImageImageImage

Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Re: Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please 

Post#21 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Fury wrote:Dudes I had a dream that Delonte West was on the Knicks. He didn't play or anything, but we were looking for stuff in an amusement park and he was a real team player.

Thats enough of a sign for me

I'm on board

This team needs a little bit of crazy. Too cozy in that lockerroom.

Delonte, if nothing else, keeps it real.

I remember reading that when he was in Cleveland, Delonte called out Lebron for not getting back on defense in front of the whole team during a film session, then he called out Mike Brown for not calling Lebron out.

I'd sign him for that alone.

Shaq called Delonte one of the top 5 guys he ever went to war with.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,458

Post#22 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:17 pm

GONYK wrote:
Fury wrote:Dudes I had a dream that Delonte West was on the Knicks. He didn't play or anything, but we were looking for stuff in an amusement park and he was a real team player.

I'm on board

I remember reading that when he was in Cleveland, Delonte called out Lebron for not getting back on defense in front of the whole team during a film session, then he called out Mike Brown for not calling Lebron out.

:lol: That's what I'm talking about... He plays smart though... patient.. doesn't geek out under pressure.. I don't remember him being a guy that got a lot of T's either.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#23 » by Fury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:19 pm

He's the type of guy we wanted Jason Kidd to be, and what Jason Kidd was early on. Obviously he's not at Jason Kidd's level in terms of knowing the game, but he'd provide what we've been missing since Jason Kidd hit a big **** wall.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#24 » by Grinditout » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Shut down Kidd, put him on IR, and give Delonte all his minutes until playoff time comes around.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#25 » by SuperflyKnick » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm

This team right now can cut Kurt Thomas, Rasheed Wallace, Chris Copeland, James White right now...Wat are they even doing on the roster is beyond imagination... Rasheed ? is he worth the 9 mins a game since we have Kenyon now
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#26 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Fury wrote:He's the type of guy we wanted Jason Kidd to be, and what Jason Kidd was early on. Obviously he's not at Jason Kidd's level in terms of knowing the game, but he'd provide what we've been missing since Jason Kidd hit a big **** wall.

You saw that tan JKidd has been working on? That dude was in some caribbean island golfing non stop over the all star break... he's checked out.. When Melo was letting KG getting in his head I for sure thought it would be a guy like Kidd that would get in his face and tell him to chill out.. but the dude did nothing but watch.. he's already thinking about all the golf he's going to be playing next year when he's retired and cashing a check.

I'm going to tell you this also... all them old bums saw NY as a place to get paid to do nothing and then retire.. they knew that Dolan is more than willing to pay for the cache name and not think twice about it.
Fury
RealGM

Post#27 » by Fury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Fury wrote:He's the type of guy we wanted Jason Kidd to be, and what Jason Kidd was early on. Obviously he's not at Jason Kidd's level in terms of knowing the game, but he'd provide what we've been missing since Jason Kidd hit a big **** wall.

You saw that tan JKidd has been working on? That dude was in some caribbean island golfing non stop over the all star break... he's checked out.. When Melo was letting KG getting in his head I for sure thought it would be a guy like Kidd that would get in his face and tell him to chill out.. but the dude did nothing but watch.. he's already thinking about all the golf he's going to be playing next year when he's retired and cashing a check.

Yep. It's sad too cause he was such a great player. Oh well. Bring on Delonte.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#28 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Fury wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Yep. It's sad too cause he was such a great player. Oh well. Bring on Delonte.

I'm not going to front.. he's one of my all time favorites.. going back to his CAL days.. but at this point in his life I'm pretty sure he likes to play golf more than he likes to play basketball.. and he's a pretty good golfer.
Fury
RealGM

Post#29 » by Fury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
I'm not going to front.. he's one of my all time favorites.. going back to his CAL days.. but at this point in his life I'm pretty sure he likes to play golf more than he likes to play basketball.. and he's a pretty good golfer.

He was always one of my favs too and after his start this year I declared him my favorite player ever cause he's doing it with the Knicks. But he fell off :/
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#30 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:31 pm

I don't understand what the plan is with Kidd. He's clearly worn down. How is he going to be ready for the playoffs if we don't shut him down for a few weeks?
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#31 » by JBreezeNY » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Delonte is a fu*king headcase.

If Kenyon has problems then welcome to the wonderful life of Delonte West.

I do believe he would be perfect for us but he's pretty much left a tornado of baggage with every team he's gone to.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#32 » by Grinditout » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 pm

I feel like we have enough of a veteran presence to balance out the craziness added by Delonte.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,444

Post#33 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:Delonte is a fu*king headcase.

If Kenyon has problems then welcome to the wonderful life of Delonte West.

I do believe he would be perfect for us but he's pretty much left a tornado of baggage with every team he's gone to.

Still a few weeks of basketball can be squeezed out of him. Far from impossible.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,624

Post#34 » by Lord Commander » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm

GONYK wrote:This team needs a little bit of crazy. Too cozy in that lockerroom.

Little?!?! How about bat$hit crazy?

From the AP:

West, who has bipolar disorder, was a valuable role player in a veteran backcourt for Dallas last season. His preseason playing time in October was limited behind younger guards Darren Collison and O.J. Mayo.

West was waived after two suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team. He was involved in a pair of locker room incidents during the preseason, and was on his second straight one-year contract for the veteran minimum, which was $1.2 million this season.

The first suspension of West was lifted after just a day after a meeting with Nelson and Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle.

A week later, though, West said he received a text telling him not to come to practice a week before the start of the regular season and was waived a few days later. He said he was blamed for an argument that didn't involve him in the locker room after a preseason game.

While the Legends retain West's D-League rights, he can still sign with an NBA team at any time. The Legends play in the Dallas suburb of Frisco.

"We wish nothing but the very best for Delonte as he finds his way back to the NBA," Nelson said.

An eighth-year pro, West was suspended for the first 10 games of the 2010-11 season after pleading guilty to weapons charges in Maryland. Authorities say he was carrying three loaded guns and a knife when he was stopped for speeding on a three-wheel motorcycle in 2009.

West also has played for Boston and Cleveland. He has career averages of 9.7 points and 3.6 assists.

West has apparently even disappeared from Twitter, once a frequent outlet for him. He posted several statements related to his suspension the day he was banned. Those were later removed, and his last post as of Monday afternoon was Jan. 2.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,531

Re: *Cut Some1*, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Plea 

Post#35 » by Fat Kat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:no one doubts delonte west's talent, but there is a reason he doesn't have a job right now. he's not just "a little quirky." he's effing mad. absolute poison.

do not want. ever.

This. We have 2 former Mavs. I'd assume that they know what he did to get cut from Dallas. Suspended twice in a matter of days and then shown the door. Add that he is a diagnosed nut job. I'd proceed with caution.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#36 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:
GONYK wrote:This team needs a little bit of crazy. Too cozy in that lockerroom.

Little?!?! How about bat$hit crazy?

From the AP:

West, who has bipolar disorder, was a valuable role player in a veteran backcourt for Dallas last season. His preseason playing time in October was limited behind younger guards Darren Collison and O.J. Mayo.

West was waived after two suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team. He was involved in a pair of locker room incidents during the preseason, and was on his second straight one-year contract for the veteran minimum, which was $1.2 million this season.

The first suspension of West was lifted after just a day after a meeting with Nelson and Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle.

A week later, though, West said he received a text telling him not to come to practice a week before the start of the regular season and was waived a few days later. He said he was blamed for an argument that didn't involve him in the locker room after a preseason game.

While the Legends retain West's D-League rights, he can still sign with an NBA team at any time. The Legends play in the Dallas suburb of Frisco.

"We wish nothing but the very best for Delonte as he finds his way back to the NBA," Nelson said.

An eighth-year pro, West was suspended for the first 10 games of the 2010-11 season after pleading guilty to weapons charges in Maryland. Authorities say he was carrying three loaded guns and a knife when he was stopped for speeding on a three-wheel motorcycle in 2009.

West also has played for Boston and Cleveland. He has career averages of 9.7 points and 3.6 assists.

West has apparently even disappeared from Twitter, once a frequent outlet for him. He posted several statements related to his suspension the day he was banned. Those were later removed, and his last post as of Monday afternoon was Jan. 2.

A little bit of bat$hit crazy?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,531

Post#37 » by Fat Kat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:49 pm

GONYK wrote:

I'm on board

I also remember this

Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West was arrested Thursday after officers pulled him over for speeding on a motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitar case.

Prince George's County police spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Reedy said Friday the Cleveland Cavaliers player was arrested about 10 p.m. Thursday.

Reedy said West was riding a Can-Am Spyder motorcycle north on the Capital Beltway in Upper Marlboro when he cut off an officer, who pulled him over.

Police said a handgun was found in his pocket, another in his pant leg and a shotgun in a guitar case strapped to his back

We don't need those types of problems. The Mavs never revealed their exact reason for cutting him. They just referenced locker room issues.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,624

Post#38 » by Lord Commander » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 pm

GONYK wrote:A little bit of bat$hit crazy?

Between him and Kenyon, it'd be some party. At least we wouldn't have to worry about any more alleged Honey Nut Cheerios comments :lol:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#39 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I'm on board

I also remember this

Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West was arrested Thursday after officers pulled him over for speeding on a motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitar case.

Prince George's County police spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Reedy said Friday the Cleveland Cavaliers player was arrested about 10 p.m. Thursday.

Reedy said West was riding a Can-Am Spyder motorcycle north on the Capital Beltway in Upper Marlboro when he cut off an officer, who pulled him over.

Police said a handgun was found in his pocket, another in his pant leg and a shotgun in a guitar case strapped to his back

We don't need those types of problems. The Mavs never revealed their exact reason for cutting him. They just referenced locker room issues.

Resized according to importance to me over the next 30 games
Fury
RealGM

Post#40 » by Fury » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 pm

The best thing about signing Delonte would be that KG likes to pick fights with guards, and if he said something to Delonte, chances are West would destroy him.

Return to New York Knicks