ImageImageImageImageImage

Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Cut Some1, Sign DELONTE, Sooner Rather Than Later Please 

Post#91 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:Not to derail the conversation but since I brought up Woody...

Anybody else under the impression that when Woody and D'Antoni were both there that there may have been Woody's guys and D'Antoni's guys? And now that D'Antoni is gone his guys are getting payback i.e. Stat?

Elaborate

After reading that Woodson is thinking of putting Copeland ahead of Stat in the starting line up because he is worried about "defense". I started to wonder why doesn't Woodson like Stat? Seemed kind of strange. Then I started wondering if maybe there was some politics where some guys wanted D'Antoni gone and some didn't. And it seemed kind of natural that Stat would be in the latter category. And that maybe Woodson didn't appreciate that and felt that Stat was trying to block him for getting the job he wanted.

I dont view Amare as a "D'antoni" guy, but I'm sure as the main coach he's had he has some feeling for him.

But ultimately i think amare wants to win, and has embraced everything he was told to do by Woodson.

If Woodson really doesn't like him, then that's really woodsons problem, amare did everything he asked him to.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#92 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Delonte's not playing in the NBA again. Just look at how Cuban and the Mavs went out of their way to help him out, but ultimately, he was still too toxic for them to keep him around.

During training camp, the Mavericks were allowed to get West a hotel room, but once the season started, they had to stop because that’s considered an added benefit. West said he tried to rent but a lot of places wouldn’t take him because he has a criminal record (he was arrested near his Maryland home in 2009 for having a variety of weapons in his vehicle and some driving violations). West had a place to stay when the Mavs traveled, but when in Dallas he slept in the locker room or in his car, he told the paper.

Mark Cuban got wind of it and had people renting a place to West within a day.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,443

Post#93 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

GONYK wrote:

:lol:

Believe what you want man. Hold on to whatever gives you hope.

Hope about what exactly? What do I care. It's baffling that you think that "more or less" confirmed it. Nothing of the sort. That's all. I have no horse in the race.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#94 » by god shammgod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:
god shammgod wrote:stat is not a d'antoni guy. they had to meet before he signed with the knicks to air out their differences. he just threw him under the bus recently with his "i wasn't taught defense" comment.

He might not have liked him personally but his system made Stat the focal point of the offense and put Melo in the corner.

Now we are seeing the opposite.

did woodson diminsh him or was he injured all this time. he can't be the focal point anymore. he can't play those kind of minutes. that's probably why he's accepting it. he probably knows that.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#95 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
did woodson diminsh him or was he injured all this time. he can't be the focal point anymore. he can't play those kind of minutes. that's probably why he's accepting it. he probably knows that.

Saying Copeland is a better option than you is about as diminishing as it gets.
Play time is over.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 pm

GONYK wrote: :lol:

No offense, but when folks walked away from the team because of "rumors", things they read or heard from only one side and believed it as gospel..... that aspect of their credibility goes out the window.

But we can definitely talk about anything else. :lol:

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Delonte's not playing in the NBA again. Just look at how Cuban and the Mavs went out of their way to help him out, but ultimately, he was still too toxic for them to keep him around.

During training camp, the Mavericks were allowed to get West a hotel room, but once the season started, they had to stop because that’s considered an added benefit. West said he tried to rent but a lot of places wouldn’t take him because he has a criminal record (he was arrested near his Maryland home in 2009 for having a variety of weapons in his vehicle and some driving violations). West had a place to stay when the Mavs traveled, but when in Dallas he slept in the locker room or in his car, he told the paper.

Mark Cuban got wind of it and had people renting a place to West within a day.

I dont believe this, were you there? You can't believe everything you read. :lol:

but seriously, there are quite a few players who loved having him as a teammate, and Doc Rivers really liked him.

But they all know there is that other side to him, and when it rears it's head.....

Like I've said, I'd do it, only because if he acts up...he's out, but it isn't likely.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#98 » by god shammgod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

copeland can stand in the corner and wait for the open 3. this allows him the spacing he likes. i don't think it's about who's a better player.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:05 pm

johnnywishbone wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

He wants amare to soloidify the bench, and it helps him at center where he's probably best at.

Woodson took alot of d'antoni's offensive thinking....that's a pure example of it.

johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#100 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:
copeland can stand in the corner and wait for the open 3. this allows him the spacing he likes. i don't think it's about who's a better player.

Then why is he talking about defense? If that is his thinking then he is brain dead. Why:

A. If all you want is shooting put in Novak.
B. He plans on riding Melo all the way into the ground.
Play time is over.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,062

Post#101 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

No offense, but when folks walked away from the team because of "rumors", things they read or heard from only one side and believed it as gospel..... that aspect of their credibility goes out the window.

Especially when they block out facts in order for those one sided rumors to be true.

But, hey, we're all on the same side at the end of the day, right :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#102 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 pm

i'm definitely down for cutting white and signing west. west is a good defender, can handle, is a solid outside shooter, and is tough (also has a crazy side to him...).
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#103 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 pm

GONYK wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Especially when they block out facts in order for those one sided rumors to be true.

But, hey, we're all on the same side at the end of the day, right :lol:

Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors, too, but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in a single rumor. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for what amounts to junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable, in the prime years of their best player's career.

Umm where are we right about now?

Anyway ...

Yeahhhhhhh we're all on the same side of course, I'm just part time on that side. It's all good baby baby. :roll: :D
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Re: Drop White, Sign Delonte, Sooner Rather Than Later Pleas 

Post#104 » by Scalabrine » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 pm

ShumpShump wrote:
iHeartKNicks wrote:This move makes sense. He plays decent defense and can play both guard positions. Shoots the 3 well also

Career 37% three point shooter. That ain't well. That's another JR.

Lets use logic for a second here...
Every 100 3 pointers shot you make 37 of them, that adds up to 111 points.

Someone shooting 48% (the NBA average excluding 3 pointers) on 2's would get 96 points per 100 shots.

Add in the fact that it helps spread the defense out and that Delonte isnt known for shooting tons of ill-advised shots like JR and 37% is actually pretty good. The average this year is 35.8%.
Go Knicks!
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#105 » by Pharmcat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 pm

this team does need another guard

who else is available that isnt as crazy?>
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#106 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Pharmcat wrote:this team does need another guard

who else is available that isnt as crazy?>

What's the fun in that?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in any rumors. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable.

Anyway ...

Yeahhhhhhh we're all on the same side of course, I'm just part time on that side. It's all good baby baby. :roll: :D

Cool, I welcomed you back then and still do now.

Good day.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#108 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors, too, but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in a single rumor. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for what amounts to junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable, in the prime years of their best player's career.

Anyway ...

Wait...who are you talking about? 8-)
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Drop White, Sign Delonte, Sooner Rather Than Later Pleas 

Post#109 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:
iHeartKNicks wrote:This move makes sense. He plays decent defense and can play both guard positions. Shoots the 3 well also

Career 37% three point shooter. That ain't well. That's another JR.

Lets use logic for a second here...
Every 100 3 pointers shot you make 37 of them, that adds up to 111 points.

Someone shooting 48% (the NBA average excluding 3 pointers) on 2's would get 96 points per 100 shots.

Add in the fact that it helps spread the defense out and that Delonte isnt known for shooting tons of ill-advised shots like JR and 37% is actually pretty good. The average this year is 35.8%.

D'antoni wants you as his head assistant with this logic.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#110 » by KnicksGod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Maybe you guys believe rumors about people believing rumors but I didn't distance myself from the Knicks because of any belief in any rumors. I did so because I knew the Knicks were throwing away a really good young player for junk and would eventually end up in a mess, a mess all of their own creation, for weak reasons, and that was entirely avoidable.

Anyway ...

Cool, I welcomed you back then and still do now.

Good day.

I know you did and I appreciate that. It's never personal :)

Return to New York Knicks