ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Mike Woodson, plz

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Re: Fire Mike Woodson, plz 

Post#221 » by BOOMbip » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:39 am

Capn'O wrote:
BOOMbip wrote:When Woodson took over this team was in full tank mode and everyone said it was full of parts that couldn't play together. He only went on to have the best first 100 games in Knick history and one of the top 3 records of all teams currently in the same time frame that he took over the team.

He may not be 'a list' but he sure is getting close with that performance. Add in how he's handled the roster of egos and old guys he's almost guru level as far as player relations in some respects. If he can get the Knicks to compete with the Heat in the ECF he can be considered 'a list' and if by chance the Knicks beat the Heat he's not just on the list, he kicked in the door of that club and made it rain on dem hoes.

I still have some concerns about his rotations and adjustments at some points but I'm keeping an open mind to be shown that he has and can still improve. He already has shown some improvement so I don't see why he can't continue to. He might not be 'a list' yet but he has shown me he's on the next tier down with what he's done so far.

Boom - this is an excellent evaluation of Coach Woody. I've always said that player relations is his biggest strength. His work with JR has to be at the top of that list. He just knows what kind of instruction each player needs to improve and sticks to that plan. He JR, he simply believed in the guy like nobody else did and finally he responded (2010's "Wood & Son" reference). It just worked.

Amar'e needed step by step critique. He's a man. He can handle it. Cope needed to be reigned in, hone his skills, and released at the right time. Melo needed to be both trusted and pushed. Ray needed a clearly defined role. Shump needed patience and a role that would expand as his performance improved.

Wood has treated each guy as an individual and brought in vets that would have his back in achieving these goals.

He still has some things to prove this playoffs but with a strong showing in the ECF he'll earn the right to be here for a long time.

Well thanks for the props. There are a few issues with him I wish could change. He doesn't like young players very much it seems, even the 'rookies' the Knicks got were old as hell. I would like some youth infused and developed even with the win now mode the Knicks are in. At least a couple young vets in the 22-25 range to work with would be nice even if it's not one and done college kids instead of a gaggle of geezers alternating being injured. I know he's not the GM but I'm sure he gets a big say in what he wants.

I also don't always agree with him letting his pet players do whatever they want on the court sometimes but I have to say it somehow has worked out for the team. I don't like it but it's hard to criticize when it got results. Then there is the aforementioned in game adjustments that can make me scratch my head. Sometimes he calls a time out and the Knicks turn it into a forced shot iso and I'm like....why? A time out for that?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,981

Post#222 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:37 am

BOOMbip wrote:Well thanks for the props. There are a few issues with him I wish could change. He doesn't like young players very much it seems, even the 'rookies' the Knicks got were old as hell.

Apple don't fall too far from the tree (LB).
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#223 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 am

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Names calling for his firing are so predictable. Happy this was bumped to show their reactionary nature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

hold your celebration until the conference finals. we have not won anything yet.

you guys are acting like we won it all or did something amazing. we still gotta get out of the first round and honestly second round.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,437

Post#224 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Names calling for his firing are so predictable. Happy this was bumped to show their reactionary nature.

hold your celebration until the conference finals. we have not won anything yet.

you guys are acting like we won it all or did something amazing. we still gotta get out of the first round and honestly second round.

Woodson's job as a coach has been damned good though no?
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,882

Post#225 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:20 pm

j4remi wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Woodson's job as a coach has been damned good though no?

Some would even say Brian Shaw-esque!
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,817

Post#226 » by knicks94 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Mike D'antoni was still the best Knicks coach in the last 18 years.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,022

Post#227 » by moocow007 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 pm

knicks94 wrote:Mike D'antoni was still the best Knicks coach in the last 18 years.

:lol: And on that note, I think the bump has served its point.

Return to New York Knicks