ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Mike Woodson, plz

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Re: Fire Mike Woodson, plz 

Post#91 » by Nostrand Ave » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Remember when you guys cried because he didnt make the All Star Game?
knicknack
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#92 » by knicknack » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 pm

The Infamous1 wrote:Hes not a great coach, but for the most part Coaches usually get fired when

A. team don't live up to expectations.
B. team flat out sucks

Even with the losing streak, The team is 32-20 and 2nd in the conference so you have to take suck out of the equation. So What did you really epect from the Knicks this season? Lets he honest If everything went well this squad was a low 50 win team that would win a playoff series and get knocked out of the 2nd rd. Which is basically what the Knicks are on pace for right now(maybe not the 50 wins part) Plus I don't see the coaching upgrade in sight

Correction, third in the conference and if we don't get it together, sixth in the conference by the end of next week! In addition, while our record is certainly respectable, our recent direction is not and if this path doesn't not improve significantly (a tough task with our remaining schedule), and a quick exit in the playoffs will have heads rolling, people blaming others and finger pointing from here to eternity as this team was suppose to be put together to "Win it all" this year! We'll see, tho I hope not.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,097

Post#93 » by sol537 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Predictions for 2013:

Knicks finish 7th or 8th, get bounced in 1st round, fingers get pointed, Woody fired, 'Melo or Amare traded, JR Smith doesn't return, Kidd/Thomas retire and one hired by Knicks organization, K-Mart plays well and returns
iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 111

Post#94 » by iHeartKNicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm

sol537 wrote:Predictions for 2013:

Knicks finish 7th or 8th, get bounced in 1st round, fingers get pointed, Woody fired, 'Melo or Amare traded, JR Smith doesn't return, Kidd/Thomas retire and one hired by Knicks organization, K-Mart plays well and returns

As long as we draft a point guard
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,642

Post#95 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey, remember me? How's life?

Free Palestine
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#96 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:Hey, remember me? How's life?

better
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#97 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 pm

NYKat wrote:It's cute to see some of the haters come out the woodwork, now that we're slumping, guys that ain't been around in months all of sudden have feel validated...smh...

Sad ain't it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#98 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:05 pm

greenhughes wrote:
NYKat wrote:It's cute to see some of the haters come out the woodwork, now that we're slumping, guys that ain't been around in months all of sudden have feel validated...smh...

Sad ain't it

Slumping? It's been the last 29 games.
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Post#99 » by Capn'O » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 pm

The biggest difference in this team now and then is Kidd has come back down to earth and is no longer playing like The Real Jason Kidd. At the beginning of the season, the ball was in his hands at crunch time. Now it's in Melo's and Melo doesn't have the leadership to make the right decisions. He's a Big Gun - not that there's anything wrong with that. With Kidd now - honestly, you could roll a dead man out there right now and you might not be able to tell the difference. Father Time has caught up.

The second is Felton IS WHO WE THOUGHT IS HE WAS unfortunately. He played well enough early on to justify The Move but has reverted to his norm. Ah well.

Woodson's rotations are whack as hell though and the offense is just awful. What he's doing with Amare and JR is inexplicable. With all that said, he would be more effective if he could really chew out his team. I don't get the impression that's an option under Dolan.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#100 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Capn'O wrote:The biggest difference in this team now and then is Kidd has come back down to earth and is no longer playing like The Real Jason Kidd. At the beginning of the season, the ball was in his hands at crunch time. Now it's in Melo's and Melo doesn't have the leadership to make the right decisions. He's a Big Gun - not that there's anything wrong with that. With Kidd now - honestly, you could roll a dead man out there right now and you might not be able to tell the difference. Father Time has caught up.

The second is Felton IS WHO WE THOUGHT IS HE WAS unfortunately. He played well enough early on to justify The Move but has reverted to his norm. Ah well.

Woodson's rotations are whack as hell though and the offense is just awful. What he's doing with Amare and JR is inexplicable. With all that said, he would be more effective if he could really chew out his team. I don't get the impression that's an option under Dolan.

Felton's PG skills don't fit Woodson's system. Felton is more effective in a running up-tempo style of game where he can attack the hoop. Standing around and shooting long range jumpers doesn't suit him well. And since Woody's not running any PnRs ...
Free Palestine
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#101 » by kane2021 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Woodson is not getting fired. The GM basically said this is the team and he has to figure something new out. He has the year and I dont think its that serious yet. But people are watching and asking questions.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Shorty Doo-Wop
Senior
And1: 14

Post#102 » by Shorty Doo-Wop » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Good old sky is falling mentality
Striders
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#103 » by Striders » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:26 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:Hey, remember me? How's life?

You guys remember when you acted like this dude was the antichrist and was the cause of every single one of our problems? Remember when this board was unreadable for months because of all the finger pointing and everyone joining subfactions on this board?

Can we not do that again? Please?
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ~George Smith Patton
socks fit OK
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#104 » by socks fit OK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Crazy how four games ago we were 32-16 and talking about catching Miami for best record in the East...Now we're talking about firing Woodson :-?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#105 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:28 pm

kane2021 wrote:Woodson is not getting fired. The GM basically said this is the team and he has to figure something new out. He has the year and I dont think its that serious yet. But people are watching and asking questions.

Doesn't he have two more years on his contract? I can't see us now firing him after one year.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#106 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 pm

socks fit OK wrote:Crazy how four games ago we were 32-16 and talking about catching Miami for best record in the East...Now we're talking about firing Woodson :-?

I would go a little further back than the last 4 games. We're 14-15 in last 29, I believe and haven't been playing well for awhile.
Free Palestine
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#107 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm

The firing part is really ridiculous and knee jerk, but he does need to take a look at what he does.

He is trying to rekindle that hot start, deservedly so, but it wasn't sustainable.

Now he must adjust for the last stretch before the playoffs.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#108 » by Nyk4lyfe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm

I love how just a few weeks ago everyone was hailing Woodson as the coach of the year, and now all of a sudden he's trash lol. Typical. Yes we can place some blame on Woodson but why aren't we blaming the players? It's not like a different coach would make jr, Kidd, shumps, and novaks shots fall. Right now this is not the same team we had at the start of the season. The ball movement is gone, the defensive intensity is gone, and the overall effort is just not there. Jr and melo are trying to take all the scoring load and are not doing it efficiently. Right now it's up to both of them to start moving the ball. It's not like Woodson told our guys to stop moving the ball and playing defense. I do believe he should make an adjustment to the starting lineup putting amare in there and shump at the 2. Jr needs to stay on the bench. Melo can't last the whole season playing pf for 40 min a game, not gonna happen
socks fit OK
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#109 » by socks fit OK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Woodson is not getting fired. The GM basically said this is the team and he has to figure something new out. He has the year and I dont think its that serious yet. But people are watching and asking questions.

Doesn't he have two more years on his contract? I can't see us now firing him after one year.

I can see it if we keep stumbling in the regular season and are knocked out in the first round...First round sweep would be especially bad..
bfpri
Junior
And1: 178

Post#110 » by bfpri » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Not Woodson's fault, he was overachieving the beginning of the season. The Knicks don't really have much talent. Its basically Melo, Chandler and scrubs.

Return to New York Knicks