ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Re: Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread 

Post#261 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 am

KnicksGod wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:One final thought: K-Mart will help. We need a big with athleticism and experience who can clean up around the basket a little.

He's not going to help with our perimeter defense, which is an even bigger problem than lacking a quality backup big ATM.

Maybe not. But shoring up your interior D actually should make your perimeter D a lot more aggressive.

That said, Felton seems totally incapable of staying in front of his man. It's a bit scary to see. It's like he's 42.

OK maybe I wasn't ready for my final thought.

The one thing I'm hoping is that bringing in a guy like K-Mart will force Woodson to start a more traditional lineup. No more small ball crap. Put Melo back at the 3 and bring Kidd off the bench.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#262 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 am

In the end Woodson is probably just trying to do the best with the personnel he has. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt with regards to defense... offense is a different story.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#263 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Just my opinion, I think this season Tyson has slight regrets about coming here, his demeanor has changed quite a bit.

I betcha he's watching Golden State, but he wont admit that.

That's stretching it. His demeanor has been the same all year long. He was playing inconsistent defense even when we were winning at a high percentage that first month and a half of the season. He's had the same attitude all year round.

Honestly, I just think he got complacent.

I'm actually referring all the way back when the seaon began, not sure what part you're disagreeing with.

I don't think he had regrets back when the season began. The team brought in veterans(which looked good at the time) and brought Woodson back whom they all seemed to respect. I think he was genuinely excited to start the season.

But if he has regrets that's unfortunate.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,861

Post#264 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:36 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Remember how Sheed was credited with getting the guys to vocalize their positions on the floor? That's how we started the season, actually playing the switches actively. Do it half-heartedly and you get burned repeatedly.

Yup, Sheed actually can see the entire floor, and he communicates.

Tyson did it last year, but seems to not talk at all, and the team needs him to.

Especially if their are guys on the floor that dont have even basic concepts.

Tyson has really pissed me off this year with his laziness. I think he got big headed with all the accolades he has achieved over the last 2 years.

I think that is partly true and partly due to the mental fatigue of not getting defensive support from your teammates.

I do think Tyson is not as good this year. I don't think he was defensive player of the year last year, but he was better than he is now.

Woodson is depending on Tyson to play the whole floor and he often does go all the way to top of the key, but as an active roamer he is often not in position to block shots or close on a penetrator once they get into the paint. And guys penetrate on us constantly because we have little D coming from our guards.

Tyson is not an elite shot blocker. He is dominant on defense when he is the core of a cohesive defensive unit, but his worth is diluted considerably when he is relied on by lazy teammates to overcompensate for their failings on D. And Tyson is showing the mental fatigue this has caused him. He is not trying as hard and he is sick of his lazy team.
ImageImageImage
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#265 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

Butch718 wrote:I don't think he had regrets back when the season began. The team brought in veterans(which looked good at the time) and brought Woodson back whom they all seemed to respect. I think he was genuinely excited to start the season.

But if he has regrets that's unfortunate.

Tyson has virtually complained about the teams lack of defensive awarenes the entire season, even when the team was winning.

Players all look at their other choices they had available, he's had happy moments this year, but it's kinda obvious he doesn't have that same fire he had last year, but anyways, it's merely my personal observation.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#266 » by rammagen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 am

My issue is two fold this team no matter what gets no calls and every questionable call goes against them. I have seen reffing like this since the cheat series. it is no wonder the Knicks best players get pissed when the other teams scrub players are getting these calls and they are not. If woodson had balls he would and should speak up about rather then downplaying it take the fight to refs rather then letting your players do it on the court.
My opther issue is fing breen he sucks the refs ass like no tomorrow I personally have grown to really dislike bordering hate the man
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Butch718
RealGM

Post#267 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 am

Perhaps he's lacking the fire because he was feeling on top of the world. DPOTY, Gold Medal, won a chip the previous year...

I don't know. I sincerely hope that it isn't because he has regrets. That says a lot about him if that's the case.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#268 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 am

Half a game behind Indy... game up on Brooklyn, game and a half up on Chicago, 2.5 games up over Atlanta, 4 up on Boston.. damn could get sticky here for these guys.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#269 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:46 am

Not even March yet, that's the scary part.

Random rant....Kidd played over 30 minutes again tonite.

Kooz
Senior
And1: 99

Post#270 » by Kooz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:Wow this team is pathetic to watch... I miss Dtoni

:o
RebelWithACause
Starter
And1: 537

Post#271 » by RebelWithACause » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 am

Should have grabbed Jermaine ONeal!
Even the first round pick this year, I would have thrown at him, the pick is worthless anyway! 20th pick in such a weak draft is useless for a team that wants to contend.
He would have helped us big time!

And traded Shumpert for Redick! and kept Brewer

And get West as a backup PG!

No more Kidd please! Max 10 minutes a game!
Defense is atrocious!
Hope that Kenyon can help a bit, and Camby and Sheed can come back rather sooner than later!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,861

Post#272 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 am

ibraheim718 wrote:Half a game behind Indy... game up on Brooklyn, game and a half up on Chicago, 2.5 games up over Atlanta, 4 up on Boston.. damn could get sticky here for these guys.

If the current trend is not corrected, then we'll surely be talking about the lower half of the East's seeds, not the top 4. Home court advantage does matter. If we faced Indiana in the first round without it, that is not easy.

Worst case scenario is an epic meltdown and even missing the playoffs, though that would require probably losing 3/4 of the remaining games which is improbable, though never impossible.

It is not impossible, because we are presently one of the worst defensive teams in the league which means EVERY team can beat us every single night.

Playing this kind of D means we will only win games by outscoring other teams or when the other team just can't shoot straight that night. We have not won a game based on defense in some time.
ImageImageImage
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#273 » by Nono » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 am

Kidd is like a walking corpse at this point. Kidd and Prigioni must have come off straight from the set of the Walking Dead. Maybe the team is defensively poor because they are old ? There is a lack of effort a lot on defense. Melo even got out of the way today to allow Derozan a layup.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#274 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:53 am

Thugger HBC wrote:Not even March yet, that's the scary part.

Thuggy are we still what our record says we are? :angel:
Butch718
RealGM

Post#275 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 am

Another reason to complain. :lol:

But seriously, I don't know why he was in there towards the end. Amar'e was playing well and was scoring some big baskets. The lineup towards the end should have been Chandler, Amar'e, Melo, JR and Felton. Kidd had that one block but looked terrible otherwise down the stretch.

It's fun second guessing everything.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#276 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:58 am

greenhughes wrote:

Of course, we're now a hair behind Indy in percents, but not the loss column.

They are definitely skidding the wrong way, and may not recover, but the race isn't done yet.

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#277 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
greenhughes wrote:

Of course, we're now a hair behind Indy in percents, but not the loss column.

They are definitely skidding the wrong way, and may not recover, but the race isn't done yet.

They are not passing the eye test right now.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#278 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:08 am

JR did say they are on a death bed, the nutcase is the one who made the most sense.

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#279 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:21 am

Dear lord March looks brutal.. that west coast road swing... Okie, Miami, Memphis, Boston twice..

Then April @Miami, @Atlanta, Mil, @ Okie.
chatuka
Junior
And1: 1

Post#280 » by chatuka » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:27 am

that's what you get when let a 24 year old PG get away for nothing.

I don't like Melo after that terrible reaction at the Raptors game last year in 2012 valentines Day Feb 14, Linsanity.

But this year He's playing like an All-Star.. Can't really blame him. I blame Glen Grunwald or James Dolan.

Return to New York Knicks