ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Re: Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread 

Post#81 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 am

ibraheim718 wrote:You guys need to realize one thing... it isn't Woodson telling these guys to switch all the time... they're calling switches themselves.. just watch the game a little closer and watch them do it on baseline screens all the time... Melo in particular just passes his man off... guys see that and then they start to do it and creates a lazy mentality.. then you have Felton or Kidd just passing guys off on the perimeter on PnR's. My theory has always been to trap the ball handler in PnR's and force him out high and then the trapping big scrambles back to his man.

Well then shouldnt woodson make sure they dont switch on every play and guard there own man... He is the coach isnt he
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#82 » by johnnywishbone » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 am

Here is an idea for you Mike Woodson.

Start your best PG - Felton.
Start your best SG - JR
Start your best SF - Melo
Start your best PF - Stat
Start your best C - Chandler

And run your team to everybody's strengths. That's called conventional logic.
Play time is over.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#83 » by StephNYKurry » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:53 am

I was more encouraged than discouraged by tonight. We bottomed out in Indiana. We weren't going to get it all back in one night. That's a good team in Toronto and we are playing with absolutely no confidence right now. We're unsure in everything we do. Even when we give effort we are making nervous mistakes.

Shots ain't falling

Melo is scuffling

And Woody is struggling with what the best COA is for the team going forward.

They'll come out of it in a couple of games. Hopefully get a decent home win against Philly and try to get going against a struggling Warriors squad. No need to panic. We're still 10+ over .500. Gotta get some confidence though. Shump doesn't even look like he thinks he can play right now. J-Kidd is scared to shoot and even J.R. isn't exhibiting 100% confidence. Don't think we believe we are a good team right now.
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,361

Post#84 » by offense » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

time to rebuild. you are crazy if you think this is a win now team.
NY_Comeback
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#85 » by NY_Comeback » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

johnnywishbone wrote:Here is an idea for you Mike Woodson.

Start your best PG - Felton.
Start your best SG - JR
Start your best SF - Melo
Start your best PF - Stat
Start your best C - Chandler

And run your team to everybody's strengths. That's called conventional logic.

Yup.

I'd really love to see JVG coach this team. Stop that switching BS, it's lazy and hurting us right now.
The Knicks are back.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#86 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

ibraheim718 wrote:You guys need to realize one thing... it isn't Woodson telling these guys to switch all the time... they're calling switches themselves.. just watch the game a little closer and watch them do it on baseline screens all the time... Melo in particular just passes his man off... guys see that and then they start to do it and creates a lazy mentality.. then you have Felton or Kidd just passing guys off on the perimeter on PnR's. My theory has always been to trap the ball handler in PnR's and force him out high and then the trapping big scrambles back to his man.

He should be emphasizing this during practice. If he is, then these guys clearly aren't listening to him anymore. It really isn't that hard to stop switching all the time.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,112

Post#87 » by Tron Carter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

**** it, avy changed until further notice
R.I.P Black Mamba
23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#88 » by 23-7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

I think you guys went way too old this year.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#89 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:

Well then shouldnt woodson make sure they dont switch on every play and guard there own man... He is the coach isnt he

What can he do? They're doing it in game... he's got to play these guys.. they're bad habits that players get over the span of their careers.. going back to AAU ball.
TAPEemALL
Banned User
And1: 596

Post#90 » by TAPEemALL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

asdkl;fj ;akldjf;lasjl;asdfl;jkl;sdpsdpfll;
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#91 » by Phish Tank » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

TCHOKE wrote:always fun playing you guys!
im sure you will get it together
till next time

good stuff tchoke, but realize that we never credit the opponent on this board... so you may not receive any words of encouragement anytime soon :lol:
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#92 » by Fat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

Golden boy shumpert 0 pts 2 rebs 14 mins

but yeah... he's untouchable lets not trade em
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#93 » by johnnywishbone » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

offense wrote:time to rebuild. you are crazy if you think this is a win now team.

Let's be honest. Win now ended the day after the "decision".
Play time is over.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#94 » by Red Vines » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

Our only hope is if two of the three guys missing--K-Mart, Sheed, Camby, return really strong for us. Two of those guys playing solid minutes would help tremendously...I don't see how else we really improve.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#95 » by Sky_Knicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

Get it done.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#96 » by adjacent2bench » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

I just can't wait til we do an OFFICIAL rebuild with young players and draft picks. Can't wait til all these losers are gone from this squad. Too bad we don't have our own pick in 2014 AND 2016, when I feel we'll need it the most.
TAPEemALL
Banned User
And1: 596

Post#97 » by TAPEemALL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Golden boy shumpert 0 pts 2 rebs 14 mins

but yeah... he's untouchable lets not trade em

shutup FATARACS
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#98 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 am

Melo with 32, but another not so good shooting night. Just not efficient enough. And his defense was horrible in the first half.

Woodson up now. Broken record here we come.
Striders
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#99 » by Striders » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 am

offense wrote:time to rebuild. you are crazy if you think this is a win now team.

I'm starting to see that more people on this board are seeing the benefits of using the draft like a normal team, and rebuilding for the long term instead of fixating on winning now. I am happy.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ~George Smith Patton
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#100 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 am

Butch718 wrote:

He should be emphasizing this during practice. If he is, then these guys clearly aren't listening to him anymore. It really isn't that hard to stop switching all the time.

A certain part of an NBA coaches job is to pacify these players... I'm sure Woodson has done all he's can with regards to defense.. he's a good defensive coach with a stellar pedigree. But when the whistle blows.. in game there isn't much he can do minus playing the 5 guys at the end of the bench fighting for a pay check.

Return to New York Knicks