ImageImageImageImageImage

Paul George free agency

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

H20FAN
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Re: Paul George free agency 

Post#41 » by H20FAN » Sat May 25, 2013 2:30 pm

I had pg on my fantasy team the whole year. He's the type of the player that does everything like an igoudala. Very inconsistent shooter, worse than melo. I'll take melo over pg 10 out of 10 times.
They call me hadoken because i'm down right fierce
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#42 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:34 pm

I would EASILY trade Paul George for Carmelo Anthony. Anthony is the better FGA shooter, but George is better at everything else.

Imagine having George & Shumpert on the wings? That duo wouldn't score as much, but they would lock opponents down. Defense and rebounding wins championship, not just offensively talent players.

Spoiler:
I'd also trade Chandler for any of the semi-young all-star/near all-star caliber C. (i.e. Hibbert, Noah, Lopez, Gasol, etc). All of those players are better rim protectors, and close to as good on the defensive glass. I don't even like Lopez's game.

It always seems like the Knicks can get either defensive rebounding or shot blocking from their big men, but never both (at least not since Ewing).
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#43 » by god shammgod » Sat May 25, 2013 2:34 pm

H20FAN wrote:I had pg on my fantasy team the whole year. He's the type of the player that does everything like an igoudala. Very inconsistent shooter, worse than melo. I'll take melo over pg 10 out of 10 times.

he was terribly inconsistent vs us. as i always say, the only day that exists on realgm is yesterday. whatever happened yesterday is the absolute truth, ignore everything else.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#44 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Melo is better than George, should still be in a couple years. If anything we should be talking about how to get Melo AND George to get a legit 1 2 punch
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#45 » by frizzledizzle » Sat May 25, 2013 2:45 pm

kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:
kneega wrote:Melo scored 39 points with a torn Labrum guarding David cry baby West. But George is better...lmao...it's really hard to be patient with some of you...

As I've said all along, he ain't better yet but it won't be long before he is.

If my grandfather would have never met my grandmother maybe I would have a different mother and be born on another planet. Paul George has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with a Melo. Period.

Except when comparing winning.

3 for 3 making the playoffs - PG
10 for 10 making the playoffs - Melo

2 for 3 making the 2nd round - PG
2 for 10 making the 2nd round - Melo

1 for 3 making the conference finals - PG
1 for 10 making the conference finals - Melo

0 for 2 making the finals - PG (still in progress)
0 for 10 making the finals - Melo

No, wait... you're right. There's a long ways to go before we can compare George to Anthony... he has a lot of losing he's gotta do if he ever wants to catch up. I know a lot of people think Melo is this amazing player because of the numbers he puts up but at what point does winning matter? Dude has failied to make it out of the 1st round and has never made it to a championship. He's been in the NBA for 10 years...

It's funny that some now claim PG has this great supporting cast. All season, all the was said is an overpaid bum and even going into this series, Chandler is better. I saw people saying George Hill sucks and Raymond Felton is better. Lance Stephenson was a nobody and clearly JR Smith is better. Don't even have bring up Paul George vs. Carmelo Anthony, everybody knows Melo is better and PG is nothing in comparison. So I guess that leaves David West as the only player better than the guy he was matched up against, David West. And even then, I heard Kenyon Martin will shut West down. So how is it the Pacers beat the Knicks? Because by all accounts, the Pacers aren't good and the Knicks are much better. Paul George is playing with a bunch of nobodies or so I've heard, how could Melo possibly win if you slid him in place of George? The fact is, George is willing to do it all and Melo isn't. Lock down defense, passing, stealing, blocking, scoring inside, scoring outside and he's one of the most athletic players in the NBA. Carmelo is an elite scorer and a better scorer than PG but PG is better in just about every other facet. And again, he'll score inside... Melo just shoots jump shots. They're not even the same player.
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by frizzledizzle » Sat May 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Just saying... A core built around George and Shumpert would be pretty good. Defensively they could end up being 2 of the better 2 way players in the league.

Melo isn't going anywhere, nor am I saying we need to get rid of him. But George and Shump would be fun to watch.

Maybe Avery Bradley will join the Knicks at point guard and look out...
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by frizzledizzle » Sat May 25, 2013 2:49 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:If anything we should be talking about how to get Melo AND George to get a legit 1 2 punch

He still has 2 more years on his contract so...

Next year is his final year but the Pacers have can give him qualifying offer the year after.

He's not going anywhere. At least any time soon.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#48 » by Thugger HBC » Sat May 25, 2013 2:52 pm

frizzledizzle wrote:
kneega wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:
As I've said all along, he ain't better yet but it won't be long before he is.

If my grandfather would have never met my grandmother maybe I would have a different mother and be born on another planet. Paul George has a long way to go before he can be mentioned with a Melo. Period.

Except when comparing winning.

3 for 3 making the playoffs - PG
10 for 10 making the playoffs - Melo

2 for 3 making the 2nd round - PG
2 for 10 making the 2nd round - Melo

1 for 3 making the conference finals - PG
1 for 10 making the conference finals - Melo

0 for 2 making the finals - PG (still in progress)
0 for 10 making the finals - Melo

No, wait... you're right. There's a long ways to go before we can compare George to Anthony... he has a lot of losing he's gotta do if he ever wants to catch up. I know a lot of people think Melo is this amazing player because of the numbers he puts up but at what point does winning matter? Dude has failied to make it out of the 1st round and has never made it to a championship. He's been in the NBA for 10 years...

It's funny that some now claim PG has this great supporting cast. All season, all the was said is an overpaid bum and even going into this series, Chandler is better. I saw people saying George Hill sucks and Raymond Felton is better. Lance Stephenson was a nobody and clearly JR Smith is better. Don't even have bring up Paul George vs. Carmelo Anthony, everybody knows Melo is better and PG is nothing in comparison. So I guess that leaves David West as the only player better than the guy he was matched up against, David West. And even then, I heard Kenyon Martin will shut West down. So how is it the Pacers beat the Knicks? Because by all accounts, the Pacers aren't good and the Knicks are much better. Paul George is playing with a bunch of nobodies or so I've heard, how could Melo possibly win if you slid him in place of George? The fact is, George is willing to do it all and Melo isn't. Lock down defense, passing, stealing, blocking, scoring inside, scoring outside and he's one of the most athletic players in the NBA. Carmelo is an elite scorer and a better scorer than PG but PG is better in just about every other facet. And again, he'll score inside... Melo just shoots jump shots. They're not even the same player.

There is one you forgot....

Times makes the playoffs as the team best player.....

PG..... 1-3

Melo..... every single year

By you assessment Mario Chalmer is better than Paul George since we're comparing winning.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,257

Post#49 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:00 pm

I wonder if people here would trade Melo for Iguodala since him and PG are pretty much the same player.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#50 » by Thugger HBC » Sat May 25, 2013 3:02 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:I wonder if people here would trade Melo for Iguodala since him and PG are pretty much the same player.

Well, considerind some would rather Melo walk if he asks for max in his next contract at 31 years old, no telling what they'd do.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#51 » by TrueWarrior » Sat May 25, 2013 3:15 pm

PG needs to up his scoring to over 20 a game then Id say hes better than Melo. Hes just about there in these playoffs so if he can keep it up next season Id pick him. Love that kids game.

Hes not going anywhere in free agency though, at least not until hes unrestricted.
ShotgunNitty
Rookie
And1: 115

Post#52 » by ShotgunNitty » Sat May 25, 2013 3:48 pm

buffalobulls wrote:Don't kill me, but can we sign George next year and trade away anthony? I still think anthony is just as good now, but in a couple years, George is going to be in his prime.

Love the way he plays both ways. And he seems like a great teammate.

buffalobulls
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#53 » by buffalobulls » Sat May 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Sorry I asked. It wasn't meant as PG against melo. I only asked because lakers fans seem to think PG can replaced kobe.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,927

Post#54 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat May 25, 2013 5:34 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
kneega wrote:Melo scored 39 points with a torn Labrum guarding David cry baby West. But George is better...lmao...it's really hard to be patient with some of you...

Yeah.. we lost that game. And it's a partially torn labrum... let's at least be accurate about the injury.
lol torn usually refers to partially torn newb...fully torn is a whole other story...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#55 » by johnnywishbone » Sat May 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Well I take the 23 year old...

but better question: Paul George or Roy HIbbert?

Sure Hibbert is not as good as Ewing but they are cut from the same cloth. I feel he was the biggest reason we lost and is one of the biggest difference makers so far in this Miami series.

We always focus on stars vs non-stars and I think that's a stupid argument because some guys don't become stars until they win. From my perspective I think it's the team with the best big man that wins. That's why I'm surprised more of you aren't desperate for Stat to make a full recovery as I think that is the only way we get to that next level.
Play time is over.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#56 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:56 pm

frizzledizzle wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:If anything we should be talking about how to get Melo AND George to get a legit 1 2 punch

He still has 2 more years on his contract so...

Next year is his final year but the Pacers have can give him qualifying offer the year after.

He's not going anywhere. At least any time soon.

my point is build around melo vs star swap
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#57 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
buffalobulls wrote:Don't kill me, but can we sign George next year and trade away anthony? I still think anthony is just as good now, but in a couple years, George is going to be in his prime.

Love the way he plays both ways. And he seems like a great teammate.

:lol: Even you knew this thread would end badly.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,226

Post#58 » by Context » Sat May 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Swap 2013 play off Tyson with Roy and George doesn't play as well...lol some of you never learn...look at what happened to "god Durant" as soon as westbrook went down... :noway:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#59 » by god shammgod » Sat May 25, 2013 8:17 pm

kneega wrote:Swap 2013 play off Tyson with Roy and George doesn't play as well...lol some of you never learn...look at what happened to "god Durant" as soon as westbrook went down... :noway:

you saw the difference in game 1 & 2. in game 1 bron took it straight to the hole. in game 2 bron passes and turns it over because he sees roy lurking.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,226

Post#60 » by Context » Sat May 25, 2013 8:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:
kneega wrote:Swap 2013 play off Tyson with Roy and George doesn't play as well...lol some of you never learn...look at what happened to "god Durant" as soon as westbrook went down... :noway:

you saw the difference in game 1 & 2. in game 1 bron took it straight to the hole. in game 2 bron passes and turns it over because he sees roy lurking.

Exactly...yet, they go on and on about this Sham...If Melo doesn't deserve anything I hope he at least deserves to play along side another elite player...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks