ImageImageImageImageImage

2015 Scenarios (what the hell, it's July?)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Re: 2015 Scenarios (what the hell, it's July?) 

Post#1441 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:46 am

TKF wrote:
thats not true.. no one is looking at this team with carmelo and saying.. I have to come to NY... that is not true..... Even in the past, when the knicks had cap space, and money, they could get Free agents... Allen Houston and chris childs both were pretty hot free agents who we were able to get.. because, we had the money to lure them from NJ and Detroit... Amare came as a Free agent.... when we had the money, we were able to get free agents....

who are we drawing now? Kidd? he came for the 3 years deal at 40 years of age.. MWP? are you kidding me, he was amnestied... where are all of these players who want to come here to play with carmelo? any of these guys would have come here carmelo or not if we offered them the money we did.. don't fool yourself.... Guys like MWP are here because they are at the end of their career and we come calling with our wallets.... people know we love to pay... and overpay...

How about Felton and JR?

And total BS about Tyson only wanting to play with Amare:

""It just really happened over the last, like, 48 hours," Chandler said on ESPN 103.3's "Ben and Skin Show" on Friday. "I just think the future of the team, being able to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and the young talent that we have, I feel like puts us in contention over the next four or five years."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/i ... ork-knicks
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#1442 » by GONYK » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:16 am

TKF wrote:
thats not true.. no one is looking at this team with carmelo and saying.. I have to come to NY... that is not true..... Even in the past, when the knicks had cap space, and money, they could get Free agents... Allen Houston and chris childs both were pretty hot free agents who we were able to get.. because, we had the money to lure them from NJ and Detroit... Amare came as a Free agent.... when we had the money, we were able to get free agents....

who are we drawing now? Kidd? he came for the 3 years deal at 40 years of age.. MWP? are you kidding me, he was amnestied... where are all of these players who want to come here to play with carmelo? any of these guys would have come here carmelo or not if we offered them the money we did.. don't fool yourself.... Guys like MWP are here because they are at the end of their career and we come calling with our wallets.... people know we love to pay... and overpay...

Stars attract players. There is no getting around this.

Amare attracted Melo and the two of them attracted Tyson. The three of them attracted all types of players.

That is the way it works.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#1443 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:37 am

TKF, it is crazy the lengths you will go to discredit Carmelo. idk if it's healthy.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#1444 » by TKF » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 am

GONYK wrote:
TKF wrote:

Amare attracted Melo and the two of them attracted Tyson. The three of them attracted all types of players.

YEA, JR smith, kenyon martin and a retired jason kid.... how is that a benefit? I say no thanks...
suicidedeuce
And1: 0

Post#1445 » by suicidedeuce » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:42 am

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:TKF, it is crazy the lengths you will go to discredit Carmelo.

Called trolling.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1446 » by TKF » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:45 am

suicidedeuce wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:TKF, it is crazy the lengths you will go to discredit Carmelo.

Called trolling.

you should know...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1447 » by TKF » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:46 am

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:TKF, it is crazy the lengths you will go to discredit Carmelo. idk if it's healthy.

its funny because I notice the crazy lengths many of you will go to give him credit.... go figure.... :roll:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#1448 » by GONYK » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 am

TKF wrote:
GONYK wrote:
TKF wrote:

YEA, JR smith, kenyon martin and a retired jason kid.... how is that a benefit? I say no thanks...

Yes, like the 6MOY, and 2 respected vets who contributed to a division title and our best season in almost 15 years

What, you want 5 MAX players all playing for $3M to justify Melo being here?
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#1449 » by NYKat » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:33 pm

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:
TKF wrote:

How about Felton and JR?

And total BS about Tyson only wanting to play with Amare:

""It just really happened over the last, like, 48 hours," Chandler said on ESPN 103.3's "Ben and Skin Show" on Friday. "I just think the future of the team, being able to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and the young talent that we have, I feel like puts us in contention over the next four or five years."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/i ... ork-knicks

Dude, this quote has been brought up like 5 times in this thread, he just ignores it and keeps repeating the same thing...
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#1450 » by Tron Carter » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:37 pm

GONYK wrote:
TKF wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Yes, like the 6MOY, and 2 respected vets who contributed to a division title and our best season in almost 15 years

What, you want 5 MAX players all playing for $3M to justify Melo being here?

stars attract players regardless of salary cap rules. when cp3 didn't come for the mmle i pretty much came to the realization nobody wants to play with this chucker.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#1451 » by Phish Tank » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:08 pm

TKF wrote:

Well unless you're getting old and nearing retirement, no one, regardless of age, will ever be like, "I have to come to such and such city" to play with any player. No one. Not for Jordan, Carmelo, LeBron, Durant, CP3, Kobe... no one.

In the end, as the good old people on Shark Tank say, it's all about $$$

$$$

$$$

$$$

No big time player will come to play in NY now because there's no $$$ for them.

The Miami Big 3 are getting paid $20M this year... so much for their supposed "paycuts." JR Smith didn't take a paycut to come here.... all of the teams offered the same amount of $.

In the end, it's about $$$ first and then it's about who to play for.

I'm sure Dwight's main reason to play in Houston wasn't because he would love to play with Jeremy or James.

I'm sure everyone would love to play with the Gallo in Denver, but there's no more $$$ there.

In the end, $$$ talks, just like Fabolous said recently
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1452 » by TKF » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 pm

vdfebduderocks wrote:
TKF wrote:

Well unless you're getting old and nearing retirement, no one, regardless of age, will ever be like, "I have to come to such and such city" to play with any player. No one. Not for Jordan, Carmelo, LeBron, Durant, CP3, Kobe... no one.

In the end, as the good old people on Shark Tank say, it's all about $$$

$$$

$$$

$$$

No big time player will come to play in NY now because there's no $$$ for them.

The Miami Big 3 are getting paid $20M this year... so much for their supposed "paycuts." JR Smith didn't take a paycut to come here.... all of the teams offered the same amount of $.

In the end, it's about $$$ first and then it's about who to play for.

I'm sure Dwight's main reason to play in Houston wasn't because he would love to play with Jeremy or James.

I'm sure everyone would to play with the Gallo in Denver, but there's no more $$$ there.

In the end, $$$ talks, just like Fabolous said recently

pretty much on point... It is all about the money...
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#1453 » by seren » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:35 pm

HakeemKnicks wrote:stars attract players regardless of salary cap rules. when cp3 didn't come for the mmle i pretty much came to the realization nobody wants to play with this chucker.

:lol:

you should put it in green font. people might misunderstand the post.

Return to New York Knicks