ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2181 » by poeman » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:05 am

IMAN5 wrote:rusev with the U.S title would be great.

Rusev feuds with Big Show for Hell in a Cell

Rusev feuds with Sheamus for Survivor Series and wins US title

Rusev participates in Royal Rumble in January and guess who comes out at number #23.

xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#2182 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:25 am

Im much more of a casual fan now and didnt renew my subscription for the network.

Its well worth the price, but I do pay other bills like car insurance, netflix etc only on a part-time job. Figured i wont be too interested in the ppv's these next few months and might as well save money in the process.

Many people seem frustrated with the direction, but wwe has been hit hard with injuries to key wrestlers and the departure of Punk has caught up with them right now. Also since they are competing with Monday Night Football, I just dont see them giving that much effort to put on a quality Raw or PPV.

I fully expect things to pick up again near the Royal Rumble, thats when I plan to renew my subscription.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
poeman
General Manager

Post#2183 » by poeman » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:31 am

xTheHunterx wrote:Im much more of a casual fan now and didnt renew my subscription for the network.

Its well worth the price, but I do pay other bills like car insurance, netflix etc only on a part-time job. Figured i wont be too interested in the ppv's these next few months and might as well save money in the process.

Many people seem frustrated with the direction, but wwe has been hit hard with injuries to key wrestlers and the departure of Punk has caught up with them right now. Also since they are competing with Monday Night Football, I just dont see them giving that much effort to put on a quality Raw or PPV.

I fully expect things to pick up again near the Royal Rumble, thats when I plan to renew my subscription.

Pretty much just do 6-month subscription from Royal Rumble through summer slam?
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager

Post#2184 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:36 am

poeman wrote:
xTheHunterx wrote:Im much more of a casual fan now and didnt renew my subscription for the network.

Yup. Except I dont think Summerslam will be part of the 6 months. If I renew in January for Royal Rumble, i think it will end by the Money in the Bank ppv in June.
poeman
General Manager

Post#2185 » by poeman » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:41 am

xTheHunterx wrote:
poeman wrote:

Yup. Except I dont think Summerslam will be part of the 6 months. If I renew in January for Royal Rumble, i think it will end by the Money in the Bank ppv in June.

not bad, plus everything is available online
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#2186 » by IMAN5 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 1:05 pm

poeman wrote:

Rusev participates in Royal Rumble in January and guess who comes out at number #23.

I would actually lose my friggen mind again.

Angle badly wants back in WWE but HHH and VKM don't want him. Probably stil hard feelings how he left.

Such a shame, he's one of my all time favorites.
instagram.com/510movement
Quadruple H
Senior
And1: 200

Post#2187 » by Quadruple H » Fri Oct 3, 2014 9:03 pm

Anyone going to Raw at Barclays?
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#2188 » by keyindabox » Sat Oct 4, 2014 6:38 pm

How many times can WWE end RAW/Smackdown with The Authority beating someone up there and standing there like some united front, even though we all know a break-up is coming? Yawn.
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#2189 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Sun Oct 5, 2014 3:05 am

IMAN5 wrote:
poeman wrote:

I would actually lose my friggen mind again.

Angle badly wants back in WWE but HHH and VKM don't want him. Probably stil hard feelings how he left.

Such a shame, he's one of my all time favorites.

I am pretty sure Angle's pain pills addiction will keep him out. The last thing they want is Angle dying some how while under WWE contract.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#2190 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Oct 5, 2014 5:37 am

Quadruple H wrote:Anyone going to Raw at Barclays?

This could be us on Monday but..

Oh wait.. it will be us on Monday.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager

Post#2191 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sun Oct 5, 2014 6:04 am

I was really considering going to Raw on Monday, i've never been to a wwe event before but i decided against it.

No Daniel Bryan, no Lesnar, and likely no Wyatts. Hope they come back during the months of Jan-March. The roster should be more loaded by then.
poeman
General Manager

Post#2192 » by poeman » Mon Oct 6, 2014 12:36 am

Yeah I wanted to go too, tickets dropped like crazy too
poeman
General Manager

Post#2193 » by poeman » Mon Oct 6, 2014 8:32 pm

So yeah I am going to RAW tonight...Tickets were too cheap and Ive never been to a WWE show. Hope it doesnt suck

oh and this is for all of you...
Quadruple H
Senior
And1: 200

Post#2194 » by Quadruple H » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:12 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
ctorres wrote:
KobeDwightPau wrote:True, its almost like a circus, and you need to work hard to become a wrestler so you can actually perform in the ring, and be able to carry yourself on a mic.

I think people also fail to understand the art form of staging a fight and making it look believable, it's a live-action movie. The amount of intellect it takes to choreograph an entire match but also effectively improvise when necessary is extremely overlooked. Not to mention, fighting alone isn't what keeps people interested, you need storytelling to fully compliment it.

I was a huge fan of wrestling during the Attitude Era, but didn't realize the depth and essence of professional wrestling until just recently.

Once again, this is my biggest gripe with the product today. The new generation of wrestlers - including WWE's biggest stars - are just not as good at this anymore. They aren't as artistic, if you will. All the greats from the 90's and the early attitude era put these new guys to shame.

The two best right now for me are Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose. I even put them ahead of CM Punk who I think is a little overrated. Dolph and Dean are real throwbacks. They know how to pace and how to sell moves and make the whole thing look believable. Both have a great look for the business as well. If the WWE ever let either of them improvise on the mic a little bit, you'd be able to pluck them out of the show today and stick them anywhere between 1994 and 2002.

I'm with you though. It's definitely an art form, and the greatest wrestlers we've ever seen are probably some of the most talented people in the entertainment industry. Even though I watch it way less and watch it for the laughs more than I do for the excitement... I still watch, and will always appreciate it.

Sucks when your life pitfalls are documented on the internet
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#2195 » by RJM » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:59 pm

This past season of Tough Enough was a joke. I'm sorry. The Steve Austin series was amazing in comparison.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,903

Post#2196 » by Jeffrey » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:48 pm

A few months ago I thought young talent was going to get over because they were facing Cena and catapult them into stardom. Nope, I was wrong. Cena is getting a rub off on them. It's like he is taking their soul and storing inside that "never give up" towel of his.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#2197 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Quadruple H wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
ctorres wrote:
I think people also fail to understand the art form of staging a fight and making it look believable, it's a live-action movie. The amount of intellect it takes to choreograph an entire match but also effectively improvise when necessary is extremely overlooked. Not to mention, fighting alone isn't what keeps people interested, you need storytelling to fully compliment it.

I was a huge fan of wrestling during the Attitude Era, but didn't realize the depth and essence of professional wrestling until just recently.

Once again, this is my biggest gripe with the product today. The new generation of wrestlers - including WWE's biggest stars - are just not as good at this anymore. They aren't as artistic, if you will. All the greats from the 90's and the early attitude era put these new guys to shame.

The two best right now for me are Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose. I even put them ahead of CM Punk who I think is a little overrated. Dolph and Dean are real throwbacks. They know how to pace and how to sell moves and make the whole thing look believable. Both have a great look for the business as well. If the WWE ever let either of them improvise on the mic a little bit, you'd be able to pluck them out of the show today and stick them anywhere between 1994 and 2002.

I'm with you though. It's definitely an art form, and the greatest wrestlers we've ever seen are probably some of the most talented people in the entertainment industry. Even though I watch it way less and watch it for the laughs more than I do for the excitement... I still watch, and will always appreciate it.

Sucks when your life pitfalls are documented on the internet

Wow.. I barely remember writing this. It wasn't even that long ago.

I'm a changed man. Seth Rollins made me love wrestling again.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#2198 » by F N 11 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:00 pm

Dudley boys is back. TLC match was classic with them and the hardy boys. Oh man the days.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,382

Post#2199 » by JXL » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 pm

A quick question:

Does WWE Network have ALL the Raw and Smackdown shows that go back to 2000, as well as ALL shows of WCW Monday Nitro that go back to 1996?

A while back I purchased WWE Network, and wanted to see if they had any old shows of Nitro back to 1999, and didn't find any. Basically that extensive library that they claimed to have failed me as an old school wrestling fan big time.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#2200 » by wolfv » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:43 pm

I think we need to lock this older thread. We now have two WWE threads and it will get confusing with people posting in both

Return to New York Knicks