ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Thorn, AllanH20, j4remi, Thugger HBC, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, GONYK, Capn'O

User avatar
Fury
RealGM
Posts: 15,280
And1: 4,949
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2261 » by Fury » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Oscirus wrote:
At this point they boo Cena just to boo him. Amazing match. Loved the finish.


People boo Cena because he's an overrated jackass who's only gets the accolades that he does because Vince loves bodybuilders and he doesn't get injured. That match wasn't even in AJ's top 20 matches of all time.


Don't let the pushes he receives take away from his wrestling ability. He's a very good wrestler.
Wolfcops
PG: Goran Dragic/Shelvin Mack
SG: Marcus Smart/E'Twaun Moore/Jodie Meeks
SF: Moe Harkless/Bojan Bogdanovic
PF: Tobias Harris/Mike Muscala/Thon Maker
C: Marc Gasol/Kelly Olynyk
jonny31623
Senior
Posts: 622
And1: 175
Joined: Sep 03, 2010
         

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2262 » by jonny31623 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 pm

Barcs wrote:Cena tying Ric Flair's title record is a disgrace.


i disagree... and i dont even like cena.

but he comes to work day in and day out and like hogan, this is his era of wrestling. whether u want to admit it or not.
jonny31623
Senior
Posts: 622
And1: 175
Joined: Sep 03, 2010
         

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2263 » by jonny31623 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 pm

Fury wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
At this point they boo Cena just to boo him. Amazing match. Loved the finish.


People boo Cena because he's an overrated jackass who's only gets the accolades that he does because Vince loves bodybuilders and he doesn't get injured. That match wasn't even in AJ's top 20 matches of all time.


Don't let the pushes he receives take away from his wrestling ability. He's a very good wrestler.


hes a great wrestler no doubt, i just really dislike how he is so loud when he calls his spots.... it is so obvious sometimes, you can hear him in the ring lol.
User avatar
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,898
And1: 508
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
   

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2264 » by SaveUsKP6 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Highly suggest watching the episode of WWE 24 that aired last night after Raw. Amazing insight into Mania 32.
ctorres
RealGM
Posts: 14,051
And1: 2,115
Joined: Jun 04, 2005

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2265 » by ctorres » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:27 pm

Fury wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
At this point they boo Cena just to boo him. Amazing match. Loved the finish.


People boo Cena because he's an overrated jackass who's only gets the accolades that he does because Vince loves bodybuilders and he doesn't get injured. That match wasn't even in AJ's top 20 matches of all time.


Don't let the pushes he receives take away from his wrestling ability. He's a very good wrestler.


Since his run with the US Title and his latest run in Smackdown, I haven't really had a problem with Cena.
BAT
Cleveland Cavaliers (w/co-gm 3toheadmelo)

G: J. Teague / J. Nelson
G: T. Johnson / M. Belinelli
F: K. Durant
F: D. Lee / T. Jones
C: M. Plumlee
PeoplesChamp
Junior
Posts: 441
And1: 278
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2266 » by PeoplesChamp » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:19 am

ctorres wrote:
Fury wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
People boo Cena because he's an overrated jackass who's only gets the accolades that he does because Vince loves bodybuilders and he doesn't get injured. That match wasn't even in AJ's top 20 matches of all time.


Don't let the pushes he receives take away from his wrestling ability. He's a very good wrestler.


Since his run with the US Title and his latest run in Smackdown, I haven't really had a problem with Cena.


He's been on the money. His detractors are just stuck.
User avatar
Oscirus
Veteran
Posts: 2,788
And1: 1,119
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2267 » by Oscirus » Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:49 am

Fury wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
At this point they boo Cena just to boo him. Amazing match. Loved the finish.


People boo Cena because he's an overrated jackass who's only gets the accolades that he does because Vince loves bodybuilders and he doesn't get injured. That match wasn't even in AJ's top 20 matches of all time.


Don't let the pushes he receives take away from his wrestling ability. He's a very good wrestler.


Don't let the quality of his opponents fool you. Dude is competent at best. He's what I like to call a mirror. If his opponent sucks, the match will suck , if his opponents good, the match will be good.

And let's not even get started on the fact that even though he's been on top for a long time, he's failed to make one star.
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Meat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,102
And1: 1,824
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
       

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2268 » by Meat » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:10 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Fury wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
People boo Cena because he's an overrated jackass who's only gets the accolades that he does because Vince loves bodybuilders and he doesn't get injured. That match wasn't even in AJ's top 20 matches of all time.


Don't let the pushes he receives take away from his wrestling ability. He's a very good wrestler.


Don't let the quality of his opponents fool you. Dude is competent at best. He's what I like to call a mirror. If his opponent sucks, the match will suck , if his opponents good, the match will be good.

And let's not even get started on the fact that even though he's been on top for a long time, he's failed to make one star.

failed to make one star? cena books matches now?

also he's put over literally the current raw champ and the previous smackdown champ and presumably he's about to put over the next smackdown champ in 2 weeks
User avatar
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,898
And1: 508
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
   

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2269 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:12 pm

I can't believe the whole Cena thing is even still a debate. Once you accept he's one of the best of all-time, the better off you'll be. If there were a Mt. Rushmore, he'd be on the bubble. He annihilated the Rock on the mic during the WM29 buildup. He's put on 5-star matches. He's got charisma, he's got the look, he can do it all. Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle for ****... are you smarks whining about him too?

Let me ask you this... if Cena only has good matches because he has good opponents (Punk, AJ, Rollins, etc.) then why do so many people have **** matches against those same people? You mean to tell me Dean/AJ has the potential to be anything close to what Cena/AJ was? Come on, you're just being whiny to be whiny.
Slicin N Dicin
Senior
Posts: 537
And1: 272
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
       

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2270 » by Slicin N Dicin » Wed Feb 1, 2017 3:57 pm

Yeah - I don't get the Cena hate. He was pushed to the top and had the company behind him - but he delivers in big time matches, you can't deny that.

I periodically watch wrestling - mainly my brother keeps me into it - but i always watch Royal Rumble and Mania - no matter what. And also when the Undertaker returns. This RR was so disappointing and lackluster though, first time in a while I can remember being disappointed with the whole thing. Braun out too early without facing off with one of the giants - goldberg, lesnar, taker were in the ring for too short of a time. I thought Cass would end up lasting longer than he did. No big surprises - even the nostalgia acts, I might be in the minority, but I like when they bring some older gimmicks/performers during the rumble.

Even the end with Orton and Reigns wasn't exciting - the only way that changes is if they do end up doing Bray vs Randy at Mania - I'm a fan of the Wyatt's and think it's about time they start pushing him as a main event player.
deadinthemiddleoflittleitalylittledidweknowthatweriddledsomemiddlemenwhodidntdodiddly
User avatar
Oscirus
Veteran
Posts: 2,788
And1: 1,119
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2271 » by Oscirus » Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:58 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:I can't believe the whole Cena thing is even still a debate. Once you accept he's one of the best of all-time, the better off you'll be. If there were a Mt. Rushmore, he'd be on the bubble. He annihilated the Rock on the mic during the WM29 buildup. He's put on 5-star matches. He's got charisma, he's got the look, he can do it all. Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle for ****... are you smarks whining about him too?

Let me ask you this... if Cena only has good matches because he has good opponents (Punk, AJ, Rollins, etc.) then why do so many people have **** matches against those same people? You mean to tell me Dean/AJ has the potential to be anything close to what Cena/AJ was? Come on, you're just being whiny to be whiny.

Yea I stopped taking you seriously after you said he annihilate the rock. You want to ride Cena's jock then go ahead but don't make stuff up just to try to make your hero look good.




Read on Twitter
User avatar
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,898
And1: 508
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
   

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2272 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:01 pm

Oscirus wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:I can't believe the whole Cena thing is even still a debate. Once you accept he's one of the best of all-time, the better off you'll be. If there were a Mt. Rushmore, he'd be on the bubble. He annihilated the Rock on the mic during the WM29 buildup. He's put on 5-star matches. He's got charisma, he's got the look, he can do it all. Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle for ****... are you smarks whining about him too?

Let me ask you this... if Cena only has good matches because he has good opponents (Punk, AJ, Rollins, etc.) then why do so many people have **** matches against those same people? You mean to tell me Dean/AJ has the potential to be anything close to what Cena/AJ was? Come on, you're just being whiny to be whiny.

Yea I stopped taking you seriously after you said he annihilate the rock. You want to ride Cena's jock then go ahead but don't make stuff up just to try to make your hero look good.


He's not my hero. I actually never liked him until very recently. But the leadup 29 was undeniably won by Cena. Rock came out with his same old corny garbage, saying penis and bitch and all the words that still impress 14 year olds. That was really the first time I started to appreciate Cena and again, I did NOT like Cena at that point so miss me with the "hero" garbage.

Also, what's your answer to the second part of my post? Why is it that Cena only has matches with good performers when good performers have bad matches with others?
PeoplesChamp
Junior
Posts: 441
And1: 278
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2273 » by PeoplesChamp » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:07 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:I can't believe the whole Cena thing is even still a debate. Once you accept he's one of the best of all-time, the better off you'll be. If there were a Mt. Rushmore, he'd be on the bubble. He annihilated the Rock on the mic during the WM29 buildup. He's put on 5-star matches. He's got charisma, he's got the look, he can do it all. Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle for ****... are you smarks whining about him too?

Let me ask you this... if Cena only has good matches because he has good opponents (Punk, AJ, Rollins, etc.) then why do so many people have **** matches against those same people? You mean to tell me Dean/AJ has the potential to be anything close to what Cena/AJ was? Come on, you're just being whiny to be whiny.


If there was a Mr. Rushmore he'd be a shoo-in.

Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, Cena. They each owned their eras. I don't see where there's debate.
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect
Posts: 897
And1: 167
Joined: Jan 13, 2012
         

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2274 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:10 pm

Since football season is over some of the guys at SleeperWire don't know what to do with themsleves. For you guys that follow

WWE Royal Rumble 2017 Review https://www.podbean.com/site/UserDownload/PB673516FV8Y2
"Oh well, adversity is the best teacher"
User avatar
Oscirus
Veteran
Posts: 2,788
And1: 1,119
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2275 » by Oscirus » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:10 pm

Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Fury wrote:
Don't let the pushes he receives take away from his wrestling ability. He's a very good wrestler.


Don't let the quality of his opponents fool you. Dude is competent at best. He's what I like to call a mirror. If his opponent sucks, the match will suck , if his opponents good, the match will be good.

And let's not even get started on the fact that even though he's been on top for a long time, he's failed to make one star.

failed to make one star? cena books matches now?

also he's put over literally the current raw champ and the previous smackdown champ and presumably he's about to put over the next smackdown champ in 2 weeks


It's funny how Rock, Austin, Hogan even Triple H the man who's known for burying people have all made stars but Cena has not made one. Let's examine a few examples shall we?

Bray Wyatt came into wrestlemania hot, the next big thing. Feuds with Cena next thing you know he's such a joke that Jericho has to come out of retirement to put him over.

Rusev undefeated before he faced Cena. After the feud, whiny wrestler who his manager didn't even want to bother with.

Oh I know the easiest one would be Wade Barret of the nexus. That should have been an easy star. Nexus disbanded soon after the Cena feud, the highlight being a summerslam loss that Cena changed the ending to. Don't believe me, look it up. Wade Barrett faded into obscurity.

You can't seriously believe that Cena doesn't have backstage power.




Read on Twitter
User avatar
Meat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,102
And1: 1,824
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
       

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2276 » by Meat » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:11 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:I can't believe the whole Cena thing is even still a debate. Once you accept he's one of the best of all-time, the better off you'll be. If there were a Mt. Rushmore, he'd be on the bubble. He annihilated the Rock on the mic during the WM29 buildup. He's put on 5-star matches. He's got charisma, he's got the look, he can do it all. Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle for ****... are you smarks whining about him too?

Let me ask you this... if Cena only has good matches because he has good opponents (Punk, AJ, Rollins, etc.) then why do so many people have **** matches against those same people? You mean to tell me Dean/AJ has the potential to be anything close to what Cena/AJ was? Come on, you're just being whiny to be whiny.


If there was a Mr. Rushmore he'd be a shoo-in.

Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, Cena. They each owned their eras. I don't see where there's debate.

Flair, Michaels, Dusty, Misawa, Taker
User avatar
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,898
And1: 508
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
   

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2277 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:14 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Don't let the quality of his opponents fool you. Dude is competent at best. He's what I like to call a mirror. If his opponent sucks, the match will suck , if his opponents good, the match will be good.

And let's not even get started on the fact that even though he's been on top for a long time, he's failed to make one star.

failed to make one star? cena books matches now?

also he's put over literally the current raw champ and the previous smackdown champ and presumably he's about to put over the next smackdown champ in 2 weeks


It's funny how Rock, Austin, Hogan even Triple H the man who's known for burying people have all made stars but Cena has not made one. Let's examine a few examples shall we?

Bray Wyatt came into wrestlemania hot, the next big thing. Feuds with Cena next thing you know he's such a joke that Jericho has to come out of retirement to put him over.

Rusev undefeated before he faced Cena. After the feud, whiny wrestler who his manager didn't even want to bother with.

Oh I know the easiest one would be Wade Barret of the nexus. That should have been an easy star. Nexus disbanded soon after the Cena feud, the highlight being a summerslam loss that Cena changed the ending to. Don't believe me, look it up. Wade Barrett faded into obscurity.

You can't seriously believe that Cena doesn't have backstage power.


Who did Austin, Rock, HHH make stars before they were in the twilight of their careers? Why would Cena be putting over young guys when he's still in his prime? You're just being a classic internet smark.

Again, you havent answered my question from two posts ago.
PeoplesChamp
Junior
Posts: 441
And1: 278
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2278 » by PeoplesChamp » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:18 pm

I get how fans arrived where they did with Cena. If the business was exposed as it is now in the 80s, Hogan would've gotten the same treatment. And would've deserved it. The entire company was devoted to protecting Hogan. He rarely lost, and when he did, it was never clean. Even his match with the Warrior, there was a ref bump and a Hogan pin. Look at Macho Man's first title reign. Hogan was right next to him the whole time like a co-champ. Even sharing Miss Elizabeth. It was pathetic. Main events were tag teams and the whole storyline was about the Mega Powers. Even when Hogan lost to the Rock, he pinned him on the go home Raw before that.

But Cena has put guys over clean. Owens, Styles, Sheamus, Rock. He's evolved his character from wanna be rapper to Super Cena to fading vet on the downside looking at the end. No one liked Super Cena, including me, and I would've loved a heel turn, but the WWE certainly wasn't going to leave money on the table trying to appeal to a bunch of finicky smarks. He actually made the US title interesting for a bit, and elevated it over the WWE title while Rollins played the cowardly heel champ.

Fans can be creatures of habit but over the last few years, Cena has consistently delivered the goods.
PeoplesChamp
Junior
Posts: 441
And1: 278
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2279 » by PeoplesChamp » Wed Feb 1, 2017 7:11 pm

Meat wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:I can't believe the whole Cena thing is even still a debate. Once you accept he's one of the best of all-time, the better off you'll be. If there were a Mt. Rushmore, he'd be on the bubble. He annihilated the Rock on the mic during the WM29 buildup. He's put on 5-star matches. He's got charisma, he's got the look, he can do it all. Hulk Hogan couldn't wrestle for ****... are you smarks whining about him too?

Let me ask you this... if Cena only has good matches because he has good opponents (Punk, AJ, Rollins, etc.) then why do so many people have **** matches against those same people? You mean to tell me Dean/AJ has the potential to be anything close to what Cena/AJ was? Come on, you're just being whiny to be whiny.


If there was a Mr. Rushmore he'd be a shoo-in.

Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, Cena. They each owned their eras. I don't see where there's debate.

Flair, Michaels, Dusty, Misawa, Taker


Maybe they're your personal favorites, but, they aren't bigger stars than the four I mentioned. I doubt the casual fan has even heard of Misawa.
PeoplesChamp
Junior
Posts: 441
And1: 278
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: OT: The WWE Thread 

Post#2280 » by PeoplesChamp » Wed Feb 1, 2017 7:14 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Meat wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Don't let the quality of his opponents fool you. Dude is competent at best. He's what I like to call a mirror. If his opponent sucks, the match will suck , if his opponents good, the match will be good.

And let's not even get started on the fact that even though he's been on top for a long time, he's failed to make one star.

failed to make one star? cena books matches now?

also he's put over literally the current raw champ and the previous smackdown champ and presumably he's about to put over the next smackdown champ in 2 weeks


It's funny how Rock, Austin, Hogan even Triple H the man who's known for burying people have all made stars but Cena has not made one. Let's examine a few examples shall we?

Bray Wyatt came into wrestlemania hot, the next big thing. Feuds with Cena next thing you know he's such a joke that Jericho has to come out of retirement to put him over.

Rusev undefeated before he faced Cena. After the feud, whiny wrestler who his manager didn't even want to bother with.

Oh I know the easiest one would be Wade Barret of the nexus. That should have been an easy star. Nexus disbanded soon after the Cena feud, the highlight being a summerslam loss that Cena changed the ending to. Don't believe me, look it up. Wade Barrett faded into obscurity.

You can't seriously believe that Cena doesn't have backstage power.


Who did Hogan make? Brutus Beefcake.

Return to New York Knicks