ImageImageImageImageImage

Kenyon Martin comments on the 10-minute restriction

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Re: Kenyon Martin comments on the 10-minute restriction 

Post#21 » by seren » Mon Nov 4, 2013 3:21 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
seren wrote:17 mpg is where he should be at even when fully healthy. We are a better team with keeping him strictly as Chandler's backup. I think we have the best chance to win games if we go like this:

Felton 36 / Pablo 12
Shump 30 / JR 12 / Pablo 6
Artest 30 / JR 18
Melo 36 / Bargnani 12
Chandler 32 / Kenyon 16

If Bargnani can't produce in those limited minutes, I would take him out of the rotation completely and give his minutes to Hardaway JR.

I like that but i'd probably lower Kenyon's just a tad and give them to Bargs. I think it will be hard to get a lot out of Bargs if he's depressed and barely playing. He's an all or nothing kind of guy unfortunately. Not someone you can just plug in sparingly and can still be effective.

If you are going with Melo/Bargs, defense will struggle tremendously. Not only that, Melo showed nothing playing alongside Bargs on the offensive end. Fact is Bargs' "all" is only fool's gold. Whatever he gives is gonna be lost on defense anyways. It is unfortunate he has two years on the contract. Otherwise, we could probably move him for a useful player.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#22 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Nov 4, 2013 3:23 pm

seren wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
seren wrote:17 mpg is where he should be at even when fully healthy. We are a better team with keeping him strictly as Chandler's backup. I think we have the best chance to win games if we go like this:

Felton 36 / Pablo 12
Artest 30 / JR 18
Melo 36 / Bargnani 12
Chandler 32 / Kenyon 16

If Bargnani can't produce in those limited minutes, I would take him out of the rotation completely and give his minutes to Hardaway JR.

I like that but i'd probably lower Kenyon's just a tad and give them to Bargs. I think it will be hard to get a lot out of Bargs if he's depressed and barely playing. He's an all or nothing kind of guy unfortunately. Not someone you can just plug in sparingly and can still be effective.

If you are going with Melo/Bargs, defense will struggle tremendously. Not only that, Melo showed nothing playing alongside Bargs on the offensive end. Fact is Bargs' "all" is only fool's gold. Whatever he gives is gonna be lost on defense anyways. It is unfortunate he has two years on the contract. Otherwise, we could probably move him for a useful player.

He needs to be brought off the bench. His defensive issues will be minimized against worse competition.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#23 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Nov 4, 2013 3:34 pm

I actually think his defense has been okay so far and his post defense as was talked about before has been good. He's terrible on the boards though and does do a lot of damage there.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#24 » by TheBigBoss » Mon Nov 4, 2013 4:54 pm

ctorres wrote:
TheGarden wrote:He can play with Tyson

Woody won't do it though

Defensively yes, but offensively no. Then again, if Houston has managed to make it work with Asik and Howard in the starting lineup, then I guess anything is possible.

This is why I wanted Elton Brand so bad, his two way play would have allowed him to play next to Chandler, Bargs, MWP, Amare, and even Kmart. Sucks that we got screwed my the Pablo situation.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#25 » by ctorres » Mon Nov 4, 2013 6:49 pm

Felton 36 / Pablo 12
Artest 30 / JR 18
Melo 36 / Bargnani 12
Chandler 32 / Kenyon 16

Considering Metta is shooting 44% from three to start the season, he may be earning a starting spot on the team. I thought his percentages would start off really low coming into the season, but he's actually shot the ball really well.

Either way, those 9 guys you listed should be the 9-man rotation until someone gets hurt.
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,253

Post#26 » by CDAZ » Mon Nov 4, 2013 8:15 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I honestly dont see the point of this either.

If he's good, why is he talking?

Maybe because he isnt good with it and threw his coach under the bus while at the same time admitted he has ailments.

K-Mart broke down last year and didnt even play half the season.

Shelve him, we dont need him now, at best he's redundant with Chandler.

I think he's responding because reporters are asking him his opinion on the minutes
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#27 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 4, 2013 9:28 pm

CDAZ wrote:

Maybe because he isnt good with it and threw his coach under the bus while at the same time admitted he has ailments.

I think he's responding because reporters are asking him his opinion on the minutes

Doubt it, he flung his coach under the bus as well.

Instead of stating his coach is tripping, how about the high road like Amare did.

Tbh, this sounds exactly like camby and Kurt last year.

Camby swore up and down he was good, and was on the " don't ask me, ask the coach tip".....and was NEVER healthy. Meanwhile Kurt recognized the depth and noted he's ready when his number is called.

Same view I had for camby after that magic game is exactly my view of Kmart. ....fall in line., check ur ego.

Sent from my SGH M-919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
KnickMan
Pro Prospect
And1: 204

Post#28 » by KnickMan » Tue Nov 5, 2013 12:41 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
CDAZ wrote:

Instead of stating his coach is tripping, how about the high road like Amare did.

Camby swore up and down he was good, and was on the " don't ask me, ask the coach tip".....and was NEVER healthy. Meanwhile Kurt recognized the depth and noted he's ready when his number is called.

Same view I had for camby after that magic game is exactly my view of Kmart. ....fall in line., check ur ego.

The difference is Camby contributed next to nothing last year. Martin was instrumental in our having the best record in the division and is a very important part of this team. It ain't about ego it is about playing your best players. The ego in question that should be checked is Woody's. If Kmart is ready to go, play him. It is just that simple.
"Tier 1 Asset Accumulation"
http://www.greatfinancialoptions.com
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#29 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Nov 5, 2013 12:57 am

KnickMan wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
CDAZ wrote:

The difference is Camby contributed next to nothing last year. Martin was instrumental in our having the best record in the division and is a very important part of this team. It ain't about ego it is about playing your best players. The ego in question that should be checked is Woody's. If Kmart is ready to go, play him. It is just that simple.

This is the same thing folks said about Camby. :lol:

Literally word for word, but we're not talking about what he did last year, we're talking about his ankle that is still an issue almost 6 months later that he's self admitting to.

here's the discussion when I had it last year....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1215880&start=15

It's the same script, just sub in new characters.

Difference is K-Mart is admitting his ankle isnt right, he said it in the quote.

K-Mart isn't one of the best players at the moment, he's hurt, he needs to sit down.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#30 » by Besart19 » Tue Nov 5, 2013 2:49 am

Tyson (28)/ Amare (15)/Bargs (5)
Melo(35)/Bargs (13)
MWP(26)/JR (22)
Shump(24)/THJ (16)/JR (8)
Felton(30)/Prigs(18)