ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: All Things Hip Hop thread (bringin' it back)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Re: OT: All Things Hip Hop thread (bringin' it back) 

Post#501 » by Fury » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:30 am

j4remi wrote:http://shadyrecords.com/2014/11/10/watch-shadyxv-the-cxvpher/

Em rapped his ass off. Crooked I is nice and Royce had some nasty wordplay...but someone call Fury because I REALLY enjoyed what Yelawolf did. Completely out the box and still had quality to it.

Then this one here, Royce kills the flow...Em does what he does...and Big Sean impresses the hell out of me.

http://watchloud.com/hear-detroit-vs-ev ... ick-trick/

Yeah, it sounded like spoken word. His new album is gonna be crazy cause I don't know if it'll even be rap. He talked about how he made Trunk Muzik to get noticed really, a rap album, and he wants to go back to what he wanted to do, which at the time was playing with a banjo and ****. Till It's Gone is like folk rap, so I expect him to add a unique twist to the genre.

I'm also looking forward to Jay Rock's new album. IMO, he's the second best rapper in Black Hippy, and my favorite overall. In that song that Kendrick Lamar got the verse for on the commerical, Jay Rock sounded like a mix of Nas and 2Pac. He's legit, and he's finally gonna drop something.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#502 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:46 am

Have you guys seen the roster of LA vs everybody? :o would love to see a NY version would be so goat.
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,487

Post#503 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:16 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:Have you guys seen the roster of LA vs everybody? :o would love to see a NY version would be so goat.

I think it's too many people tbh :lol: ...I'd prefer a straight Black Hippy version personally, but the list does have generations of beasts so even if it's a 15 minute track it should be tight.

Sticking to six rapper format (LA got 11), it'd be hard to even narrow down for NY...Nas, Fab, Jadakiss, Action Bronson, Joey Bada$$ and Troy Avenue would be how I'd do it...three guys that are more of the up and coming class with three legends.

For LA, I'd narrow it to Snoop, Kurupt, Game, Kendrick, Earl Sweatshirt and any of Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q or Ab-Soul (leaning toward Ab-Soul on it though)...but YG or Nipsy Hussle would be fine too for a bigger mix.

Atlanta could put together something sick too.

I LOVE the whole concept.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#504 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Fury wrote:

Em rapped his ass off. Crooked I is nice and Royce had some nasty wordplay...but someone call Fury because I REALLY enjoyed what Yelawolf did. Completely out the box and still had quality to it.

Then this one here, Royce kills the flow...Em does what he does...and Big Sean impresses the hell out of me.

Yeah, it sounded like spoken word. His new album is gonna be crazy cause I don't know if it'll even be rap. He talked about how he made Trunk Muzik to get noticed really, a rap album, and he wants to go back to what he wanted to do, which at the time was playing with a banjo and ****. Till It's Gone is like folk rap, so I expect him to add a unique twist to the genre.

I'm also looking forward to Jay Rock's new album. IMO, he's the second best rapper in Black Hippy, and my favorite overall. In that song that Kendrick Lamar got the verse for on the commerical, Jay Rock sounded like a mix of Nas and 2Pac. He's legit, and he's finally gonna drop something.

I'm definitely ready to hear him try new ish. Yela's always been different, but he really used the acappella format to switch things. I like that. Jay Rock is that dude, it's about time he gets a shot. He may be the best mix of lyricism and marketability after Kendrick for sure. The whole squad is crazy, tough to rate them.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#505 » by UnderdogRaptors » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 am

j4remi wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Have you guys seen the roster of LA vs everybody? :o would love to see a NY version would be so goat.

I think it's too many people tbh :lol: ...I'd prefer a straight Black Hippy version personally, but the list does have generations of beasts so even if it's a 15 minute track it should be tight.

Sticking to six rapper format (LA got 11), it'd be hard to even narrow down for NY...Nas, Fab, Jadakiss, Action Bronson, Joey Bada$$ and Troy Avenue would be how I'd do it...three guys that are more of the up and coming class with three legends.

For LA, I'd narrow it to Snoop, Kurupt, Game, Kendrick, Earl Sweatshirt and any of Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q or Ab-Soul (leaning toward Ab-Soul on it though)...but YG or Nipsy Hussle would be fine too for a bigger mix.

My list would go: 50 (my goat NY rapper), jay, Nas, Jada, fab,cam and banks.. This concept is sick tbh all the artists putting on for their city, NY has the goats it's a shame they aren't on top anymore tho :cry: my favorite region, all these new school rappers know is trap beats which gets repetitive,
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran
And1: 651

Post#506 » by LifeLongKNICK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:35 am

Fury wrote:

i actually enjoyed trunk muzik.

this track with the bass on 10 bumps.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLRTjx0muLQ[/youtube]
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#507 » by Fury » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 am

Yeah, I loved Trunk Muzik. I was surprised he said that, but I don't think he meant that it wasn't something he is proud of.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#508 » by Phish Tank » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:40 am

j4remi wrote:

For ny, I would take that list and add a few more people. I would convince Nicki only because I think she can kill it, if really motivated. Maybe even remy ma as well. I would also want talib kweli to balance it out a bit.

Your la list is spot on... I love to hear jay rock, so that would be dope.

For atl, I would include ludacris, outkast (any or both), tip, killer mike, jeezy, and cyhi da prynce only because dude has bars.

Chicago would be yeezy, common, lupe, twista, da brat (or shawnna), Tink, & chance the rapper

Houston would be scarface, bun b, trae, slim thug, z-ro, and maybe dougie d

Sent from the mind of world peace
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran

Post#509 » by LifeLongKNICK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:15 am

this just dropped earlier today.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_WTsU_f8Eg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran

Post#510 » by LifeLongKNICK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 am

...gangstarr and guru sampled this as well.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTGN_St-ho&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran

Post#511 » by LifeLongKNICK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQQeUNaZtc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

rip.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#512 » by j4remi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:25 pm

vdfebduderocks wrote:For ny, I would take that list and add a few more people. I would convince Nicki only because I think she can kill it, if really motivated. Maybe even remy ma as well. I would also want talib kweli to balance it out a bit.

For atl, I would include ludacris, outkast (any or both), tip, killer mike, jeezy, and cyhi da prynce only because dude has bars.

Chicago would be yeezy, common, lupe, twista, da brat (or shawnna), Tink, & chance the rapper

I'd love a NY group that was more out of the Mos Def, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli style...I think they could make their own. That'd be great.

ATL's list is ridiculous, dead on there.

Chi is an interesting one...looking at the list, that region produces the most varied styles out from it's top dogs. Great to see Chance get on the list.

Houston might sneak up on these dudes.

Jersey could put up a really interesting squad too with Budden, Treach, Lauren Hill (can they claim Wyclef?), Hodgy Beats, and Queen Latifah...Jersey was dope in the 90's.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#513 » by Phish Tank » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:31 pm

j4remi wrote:
vdfebduderocks wrote:For ny, I would take that list and add a few more people. I would convince Nicki only because I think she can kill it, if really motivated. Maybe even remy ma as well. I would also want talib kweli to balance it out a bit.

I'd love a NY group that was more out of the Mos Def, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli style...I think they could make their own. That'd be great.

ATL's list is ridiculous, dead on there.

Chi is an interesting one...looking at the list, that region produces the most varied styles out from it's top dogs. Great to see Chance get on the list.

Houston might sneak up on these dudes.

Jersey could put up a really interesting squad too with Budden, Treach, Lauren Hill (can they claim Wyclef?), Hodgy Beats, and Queen Latifah...Jersey was dope in the 90's.

i like that idea for NY.

Mos, Q-Tip, Kweli, Raekwon, KRS-One, and maybe Nas once again.

Now for Jersey, I'd include that group and then add a few people Serius Jones & Mike Zombie (not just producing songs now too)
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#514 » by j4remi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:35 pm

vdfebduderocks wrote:
i like that idea for NY.

Mos, Q-Tip, Kweli, Raekwon, KRS-One, and maybe Nas once again.

Now for Jersey, I'd include that group and then add a few people Serius Jones & Mike Zombie (not just producing songs now too)

Serius is that dude, best mixtape from a battle rapper ever imo was his first joint (the King or Crown or whatever). You could actually put Jersey battle rappers into this and they'd go in, Arsonal, Jones and Tsu Surf are all beasts and battlers have a perfect style for this type of track.

That NY list is sick. Have Nas on this group and put Yur Old Droog in the other list lol. It feels wrong that I haven't fit Ghostface in.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#515 » by 21 Hussle » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:01 pm

No talk on J.Cole's new album? (Which is dropping on my birthday 8-))
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtDlXRkPuE[/youtube]

Watching this video gives me old J.Cole vibe. I was really disappointed with his last album but this video gives me new hope for Cole
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran

Post#516 » by LifeLongKNICK » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:29 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRNxBTNLL1Y[/youtube]
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran

Post#517 » by LifeLongKNICK » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SDSsqlPzA[/youtube]
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran

Post#518 » by LifeLongKNICK » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:50 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XInLxUpHMkw[/youtube]
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#519 » by emo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyZhJog9MHo[/youtube]

LL!!
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
LuxTheGoat
Banned User
And1: 608

Post#520 » by LuxTheGoat » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:02 am

Fury wrote:

Yelawolf's was definitely my favorite part. That style was great.

Return to New York Knicks