ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo: Torn Labrum; Will miss final 2 games

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Melo: Torn Labrum; Will miss final 2 games 

Post#41 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:28 pm

I partially blame refs for Melo's shoulder issues. If they called it right he would take a lot less damage trying to play through contact. Also is it time to bring up the him playing PF connection again?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#42 » by duetta » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:49 pm

god shammgod wrote:might opt in now, you never know

You might be right. Wouldn't be the worst thing he could do.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#43 » by R-DAWG » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:If this injury requires surgery, and major time to come back to form, then there is NO f**king way Phil Jackson okays the FULL Max to a player like Melo after this news...NO way. Especially when we have HUGE capspace the following year. I don't see Phil seeing the logic in that when he really values a TEAM mechanism/dynamic.

I'm waiting for the Melo quotes to surface, saying that he wants to retire a Knick and he can't wait to see the plan and vision the new Knicks management has in store. :lol:

But this might not be a bad thing. Melo needs surgery and opts in for next year but misses the whole season. We enter next summer with a top 5 pick, a ton of cap space and Melo's bird rights. He can then structure his contract around adding other pieces without having the wait a year factor involved in sacrificing money. Similar to Wade's situation in 2010.

I think the overall conclusion though is you can no longer build around Carmelo. You need Carmelo to be a part of something.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,994

Post#44 » by Capn'O » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:59 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:So why the dickins did he play last game?

Buggin Out wrote:Damn he was 42 away from 20,000 points too.

I think that's why...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#45 » by Phish Tank » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:12 pm

if i'm phil, i'm praying that Melo opts out. If I'm Melo, I'd opt it immediately because he's not getting the supermax now. And if he's a man and not a pussy, he should go get surgery and rehab it all through next year too.

Look, if we're going to win, Melo's gotta either play Robin or not be on the team. What this year showed us is that Melo came off a pretty average year overall. He's been essentially a 3.5 quarter player who tends to make stupid decisions in the clutch.

Also, those shoulder problems will become problematic during the middle of any new contract. It's no joke. If Melo cares about life after the NBA and isn't a pussy, he'll get surgery now and sit out until the shoulder is 100%. The funny thing is how Melo's scared of needles yet wasn't scared when getting tattoos and stuff.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#46 » by N8isScofield » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Scalabrine wrote:well if its a real injury I commend him for going out and playing his heart out (even though he really lost us a few huge games at the end). I hope that wasnt the last time we see him in a Knick uni. That is unless we are gonna give him the megamax, if thats the case the bye bye. No one player is worth 40% of the cap...

Lebron and Durant maybe. Not Melo though.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#47 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Melo just isn't built for April, mentally and physically .
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,334

Post#48 » by Scalabrine » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:54 pm

N8isScofield wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:well if its a real injury I commend him for going out and playing his heart out (even though he really lost us a few huge games at the end). I hope that wasnt the last time we see him in a Knick uni. That is unless we are gonna give him the megamax, if thats the case the bye bye. No one player is worth 40% of the cap...

Lebron and Durant maybe. Not Melo though.

worth it from a marketing and increasing the value of the franchise? yes. worth it in regards to putting together a championship caliber team not composed of mainly of rookie and vet min. deals? No.

LeBron and Durant would not be on elite teams if they didnt have help around them and to do that they are not able to command 25 million a season. The Thunder couldnt afford to pay James Harden because of the salaries already committed to Perk, Ibaka, Durant, and WB, we are one of the few teams that would have been able to but we dont have star players on rookie deals. Thats how we need to build this team if Melo leaves. Stockpile picks and capspace that lines up before those players need to be resigned and then strike with a max level free agent and re-up our young rookies and build from there. Walsh did have of that, but he sacrificed picks to get the capspace and rolled the dice on Amare while giving up David Lee.

The Lakers are in a very tough position right now,they are very fortunate to have a top pick coming there way so they can save money.

The whole system of salary cap and maximum and rookie contracts is f'd!
Go Knicks!
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#49 » by kane2021 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Just opt in and get fixed up carmelo.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Return to New York Knicks