ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Trailer 2 - Awesome!!!)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Re: OT: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Trailer 2 - Awesome! 

Post#21 » by Butch718 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
moabu08 wrote:Looks great. Anyone know why Franco wasnt brought back for the sequel? He didnt die at the end of the first movie did he? I liked him in the 1st movie.

It's not the same director either. The director of the first movie left for whatever reason. When that happened Franco didn't want to work with another director.

When stuff like that happens it's usually not a good sign. You know when there is a change in director and cast like that...so I'd be weary of getting too hyped up for this one.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/james-fran ... f-the-apes

http://whatculture.com/film/exclusive-i ... e-apes.php

Except this director(Matt Reeves) is actually pretty good. He successfully remade Let The Right One In, which is saying a lot because the Swedish version was brilliant. He also did Cloverfield which was a pretty decent popcorn flick.

On top of that this cast is superior to the first film. Oldman, Russell and Jason Clarke(a name you'll be hearing a lot in the next couple of years) are all fantastic actors. Certainly better than Franco, Pinto and Malfoy. Also before anyone starts knocking Keri Russell, you should try watching the Americans. She's really good in that show and has managed to erased the image I've had of her since her Felicity days.

And I like the fact that none of the original cast is in this movie. It makes perfect sense considering how the virus wiped out most of mankind, while the apes continued to evolve and become the dominant species.
YamiRain
Starter
And1: 608

Post#22 » by YamiRain » Mon May 12, 2014 8:17 am

Why does Godzilla look like SIN From FFX?
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#23 » by Smash3 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Saw this movie laast week, why wasn´t it surprising Kobe wanted to to hog the ball (leadership) :lol:
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#24 » by King of Canada » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Loved this movie.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:

Return to New York Knicks