ImageImageImageImageImage

FREE AGENT/Trade/Transaction Idea thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BodyCount
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Re: Trade/Transaction Idea thread (14'-15') 

Post#261 » by BodyCount » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:05 am

But seriously. Is there anyone on this forum that wouldn't give Leonard max contract if we could sign him for that?
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#262 » by machu46 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:06 pm

BodyCount wrote:since Spurs are hesitant to give Kawhi Leonard max, we can propose a sign and trade and we send them shump and whoever they want. He gets his max, they don't loose him for nothing, we're all happy :lol:

They aren't hesitating to give him a max. They're just waiting until he's a free agent so they can match. There isn't a chance in hell that they let him go.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#263 » by DowNY » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:
bkknicks19 wrote:Although I don't see any way we can get Klay Thompson, does he fit well into our system alongside Melo? I've heard comparisons to Allan Houston on NBATV and he is clearly a gifted shooter. I don't watch too many Warriors games to have a real feel for his play.

I'd definitely trade JR for him though...

Klay Thompson is a much better defender than Houston IMO (not exactly hard to do)...but not as good a shooter or offensive player overall.

Klay might be a better shooter.
BodyCount
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Post#264 » by BodyCount » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:22 pm

machu46 wrote:
BodyCount wrote:since Spurs are hesitant to give Kawhi Leonard max, we can propose a sign and trade and we send them shump and whoever they want. He gets his max, they don't loose him for nothing, we're all happy :lol:

They aren't hesitating to give him a max. They're just waiting until he's a free agent so they can match. There isn't a chance in hell that they let him go.

yeah but that's a bit risky. They can offer him 5yr/90 mil right away or they can wait and try to match later. But teams know that they'll try to match, so if it gets to free agency, what if someone offers him 1 yr contract? The only thing spurs can do is give him qualifing offer or match that salary. I don't know why they're risking it.

if it comes to such scenario, he ends free agent in 2016 and we can throw money at him
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#265 » by machu46 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:25 pm

BodyCount wrote:
machu46 wrote:

yeah but that's a bit risky. They can offer him 5yr/90 mil right away or they can wait and try to match later. But teams know that they'll try to match, so if it gets to free agency, what if someone offers him 1 yr contract? The only thing spurs can do is give him qualifing offer or match that salary. I don't know why they're risking it.

They're probably confident Kawhi won't want to leave anyways and this allows them to see if he makes the leap this year/doesn't suffer a catastrophic injury before they lock him in. And if they wait, they could potentially offer slightly below the max on a 5 year deal if he wants to stay there anyways.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Yodi2007
Pro Prospect
And1: 137

Post#266 » by Yodi2007 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 pm

BodyCount wrote:But seriously. Is there anyone on this forum that wouldn't give Leonard max contract if we could sign him for that?

I wouldn't offer him a max at this stage, not for a his lone MVP award alone! I would offer something like a 4/44 mil contact and giving him a player option to make case for a max!
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#267 » by Meat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Yodi2007 wrote:
BodyCount wrote:But seriously. Is there anyone on this forum that wouldn't give Leonard max contract if we could sign him for that?

I wouldn't offer him a max at this stage, not for a his lone MVP award alone! I would offer something like a 4/44 mil contact and giving him a player option to make case for a max!

you're alone in this, this guy is still the best wing defender in the league and on top of that a wildly efficient scorer.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#268 » by Meat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 pm

the only real trade ideas should be ones that get rid of calderon and jr's contract for expirings
DowNY
RealGM

Post#269 » by DowNY » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:45 am

Meat wrote:the only real trade ideas should be ones that get rid of calderon and jr's contract for expirings

OR JR & Calderon for upgrades like Mike Conley or Klay Thompson.
Yodi2007
Pro Prospect
And1: 137

Post#270 » by Yodi2007 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 am

Meat wrote:
Yodi2007 wrote:

you're alone in this, this guy is still the best wing defender in the league and on top of that a wildly efficient scorer.

Id trade him for melo straight up. but to pair him with melo I would not do!
yb90
Senior
And1: 206

Post#271 » by yb90 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Trades I would make are:

NY trades Hardaway Jr and future 2nd to Orlando for Tobias Harris.

Tobias is a tweener that I would move to the 4 so he can grow into a David West type, Maybe even better if his outside shooting comes. He seems expendable to Orlando right now who they will probably lose in FA if they do not match his offer sheet.

Another trade is NY moves Jose Calderon and Dalmebert to OKC for Perkins and Reggie Jackson.

Dalembert is a significant upgrade at center and would create a nice tandem with Ibaka plus they have Adams to spell him. While Calderon is a defensive problem they have the horses to cover him plus he can play along side of Westbrook and be the shooter they do not have and need.
OKC does not look like they will extend Jackson.

Now the Knicks could wait for FA to try and get both guys but doing it this way gives them the advantage of keeping Tobias and Reggie and matching any offer sheet. Also, if I understand the CBA rules the knicks could try to do what Houston did with Parsons and go out and sign FAs then go over the cap to get a big Fish.

Reggie Jackson market is probably around Calderons money and Harris is probably going to get 8-12M so it wouldn't damage the cap room anyway. It probably makes it more likely to spend the money on two FAs.

I would definitely try to go after Robin Lopez and and Wes Matthews but I doubt both would be doable. Its more likely the Blazers let Matthews go and keep Lopez.

So Theoretically going into next year the Knicks could have

PG- Reggie Jackson
SG- Wes Matthews Jr
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Tobias Harris
C-?

Early, JR?, 1st rd pick,

Back to the Centers

If those things happen then I would really make a run at Gasol, Asik, Kanter, maybe Greg Monroe. Kanter and Monroe scare me on Defense but Jackson, Matthews are very good defenders for their position and I think Tobias and Anthony would hold there own for the most part.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#272 » by DowNY » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Knicks get - Klay Thompson, Kendrick Perkins & Marquiese Speights

Warriors get - Iman Shumpert, Reggie Jackson, Anthony Morrow, Cleanthony Early & future 1st (from NYK)
(Trades: Klay Thompson, Festus Ezeli & Marquiese Speights)

Thunder get - Jose Calderon, JR Smith & Festus Ezeli
(Trades: Reggie Jackson, Anthony Morrow & Kendrick Perkins)
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,009

Post#273 » by R-DAWG » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:45 pm

DowNY wrote:
Meat wrote:the only real trade ideas should be ones that get rid of calderon and jr's contract for expirings

OR JR & Calderon for upgrades like Mike Conley or Klay Thompson.

Golden State wouldn't trade Klay for Kevin Love. But that doesn't matter because we can offer the great Bargnani!!!!!!
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,009

Post#274 » by R-DAWG » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:47 pm

yb90 wrote:Trades I would make are:

NY trades Hardaway Jr and future 2nd to Orlando for Tobias Harris.

Tobias is a tweener that I would move to the 4 so he can grow into a David West type, Maybe even better if his outside shooting comes. He seems expendable to Orlando right now who they will probably lose in FA if they do not match his offer sheet.

Another trade is NY moves Jose Calderon and Dalmebert to OKC for Perkins and Reggie Jackson.

Dalembert is a significant upgrade at center and would create a nice tandem with Ibaka plus they have Adams to spell him. While Calderon is a defensive problem they have the horses to cover him plus he can play along side of Westbrook and be the shooter they do not have and need.
OKC does not look like they will extend Jackson.

Now the Knicks could wait for FA to try and get both guys but doing it this way gives them the advantage of keeping Tobias and Reggie and matching any offer sheet. Also, if I understand the CBA rules the knicks could try to do what Houston did with Parsons and go out and sign FAs then go over the cap to get a big Fish.

Reggie Jackson market is probably around Calderons money and Harris is probably going to get 8-12M so it wouldn't damage the cap room anyway. It probably makes it more likely to spend the money on two FAs.

I would definitely try to go after Robin Lopez and and Wes Matthews but I doubt both would be doable. Its more likely the Blazers let Matthews go and keep Lopez.

So Theoretically going into next year the Knicks could have

PG- Reggie Jackson
SG- Wes Matthews Jr
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Tobias Harris
C-?

Early, JR?, 1st rd pick,

Back to the Centers

If those things happen then I would really make a run at Gasol, Asik, Kanter, maybe Greg Monroe. Kanter and Monroe scare me on Defense but Jackson, Matthews are very good defenders for their position and I think Tobias and Anthony would hold there own for the most part.

OKC doesn't touch that trade. It's going to be VERY difficult to move Calderon's contract. It's amazing that the Knicks took on that contract for a bunch of fringe prospects. Just awful.

I like the idea of a Dalembert/Perkins swap. It is an upgrade for OKC but not worth losing Reggie Jackson AND getting stuck with Calderon's contract. I throw out the idea of OKC taking on JR as part of a Perkins/Dalembert swap but could also see them throwing a late 1st rd pick instead.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#275 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 pm

I was going through the trade machine today and was wondering what you guys thought of this not sure if it's feasable or not but, here ya go:

NYK Receive: Kobe Bryant, Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones
OKC Receive: THard Jr., J.R. Smith
LAL Receive Bargs, Perk, Shump, Early

Reasons why each team does it
NYK: Obviously they get Kobe to help sure up the 2 guard spot while also grabbing prospects for the ones they give away in the trade and help un-clutter up the minutes problem at PF since Perry Jones has an accepted backup pf role already while Brags probably wants to start.
OKC; They get a vastly superior 2 guard to what they have now in JR who can be a harden-lite type of player in their offense and would be a great 4th option for them after Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka. And Timmy adds to their bench scoring depth while still being young and cheap
LAL; Shumpert still has decent potential as a 2 guard and he complements Lin pretty well as a guy who can cover the better guard on the other. Earlyis raw but, still young and could become a long-term 3/small ball 4 option for them. And Bargs and Perkins help the tank job and clear cap for a big summer while fixing the atrocity they made of extending Bryant that much money on a crappy, should-be rebuilding team.
GJC
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#276 » by GJC » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Gal Mekel a Knick yet? Perfect fit for the triangle imo and cheap as hell
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting.

George Orwell
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 819

Klay Thompson 

Post#277 » by Isiahthomass » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:49 pm

What do people think of a SnT for him? However unlikely, I think he'd be just what Melo needs. He can score but doesn't demand the ball. He plays defense and can pass well. He helps to spread the floor by providing reliable shooting. I think him and Melo along with Marc Gasol would be great in the triangle.
three2theD
Banned User
And1: 465

Re: Klay Thompson 

Post#278 » by three2theD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:52 pm

I think it's a pipe dream
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#279 » by ITGM » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:53 pm

kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#280 » by kingquan316 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 pm

WTF do the knicks have that make the Warriors think about trading him. They turned down Love for Klay. What even comes close to that on the knicks besides Melo? Yea, end of discussion.

Return to New York Knicks