ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Batman vs Superman Teaser footage pics

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: OT- Batman vs Superman Teaser footage pics 

Post#141 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=118915

Love all these break downs. There have been a few but thought this one with the .gifs was pretty cool. Between comicbookmovie and screenrant, every possible rumor is out there.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#142 » by dakomish23 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:52 am

DickGrayson wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Any word on a Blue Beetle film? Think that could be a huge hit

Blue Beetle is hella underrated, he had 12 good books on his story...excellent on the Young Justice series, most DC nerds prefer Ted Kord...but I like Jaime since he's the DC equivalent to Peter Parker.

He was also good in the Brave and the Bold. I could see his abilities translating well to the big screen.

I think dc is just doing it all wrong. They had it right for the first 2 Batman flicks and imo MoS, and now they're doing this bull. They aren't starting Wonder Woman and Aquaman on the right path either by bringing them in this flick.

Marvel owns cinema right now. DC owns the syndicated show world
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#143 » by DickGrayson » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:02 am

dakomish23 wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:

Blue Beetle is hella underrated, he had 12 good books on his story...excellent on the Young Justice series, most DC nerds prefer Ted Kord...but I like Jaime since he's the DC equivalent to Peter Parker.

He was also good in the Brave and the Bold. I could see his abilities translating well to the big screen.

I think dc is just doing it all wrong. They had it right for the first 2 Batman flicks and imo MoS, and now they're doing this bull. They aren't starting Wonder Woman and Aquaman on the right path either by bringing them in this flick.

I agree...Marvel is going hard right now and have answered to their fans more in the cinema world right now.
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man
And1: 665

Post#144 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:58 am

dakomish23 wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:

Marvel movies are some of the most overrated pieces of **** to be put in theaters
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#145 » by dakomish23 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:29 pm

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:

Marvel movies are some of the most overrated pieces of **** to be put in theaters

Some of their original stuff was horirble and cheesy. Elektra? Come on.

But this new era has been phenomenal since the Iron Man movie sans the Thor and Iron Man 3 disasters. XMen, Cap America and Guardians were all huge successes at the box office and in overall appeal from die hards and casual fans alike.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man

Post#146 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:28 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

But this new era has been phenomenal since the Iron Man movie sans the Thor and Iron Man 3 disasters. XMen, Cap America and Guardians were all huge successes at the box office and in overall appeal from die hards and casual fans alike.

Didn't see Goth but i thought the 1st Captain American was ehh and haven't seen a xmen in a while

Avengers has no rewatch value to me at all it was good the first watch in 3D that's about it

But that's just opinion I know people love these movies

I'll stick with the dark knight trilogy
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#147 » by kane » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:58 pm

honestly daredevil/SHEILD/carter>gotham/arrow/flash

most of their movies are dumb popcorn fun some are actually really good right now its about 50/50 with a few stinkers

good

GoTG
iron man 1
avengers
cap 2 WS

bad

thor 2
iron man 2

but most fall somewhere in the middle ie. hulk/iron man 3/cap 1 ect ect...honestly i think ant-man is going to be more on the meh side

those old movies are not made by marvel those were the pre-marvel studio days witch started with iron man 1, also X-men is FOX not marvel btw but i agree the last 2 were really both really good

so you pick only one movie trilogy then just want that over and over? thats some diehard loyalty right there

if thats the level a movie has to be at for you to watch it just give up on comic book movies now, nolans is done with that and you might get 1 every 10 years on that level ever again honestly... odds are the comic book movie bubble will pop before then and we'll have to wait for a second go around
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man

Post#148 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:23 pm

kane wrote:

honestly daredevil/SHEILD/carter>gotham/arrow/flash

most of their movies are dumb popcorn fun some are actually really good right now its about 50/50 with a few stinkers

good

GoTG
iron man 1
avengers
cap 2 WS

bad

thor 2
iron man 2

but most fall somewhere in the middle ie. hulk/iron man 3/cap 1 ect ect...honestly i think ant-man is going to be more on the meh side

those old movies are not made by marvel those were the pre-marvel studio days witch started with iron man 1, also X-men is FOX not marvel btw but i agree the last 2 were really both really good

so you pick only one movie trilogy then just want that over and over? thats some diehard loyalty right there

if thats the level a movie has to be at for you to watch it just give up on comic book movies now, nolans is done with that and you might get 1 every 10 years on that level ever again honestly... odds are the comic book movie bubble will pop before then and we'll have to wait for a second go around

I just feel like comic book movies are played out now

I'm more interested in The Hateful Eight and Mad Max

But I'm not hating on people who like the movies it's just my own opinion
kane
Head Coach

Post#149 » by kane » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:16 pm

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:I just feel like comic book movies are played out now

I'm more interested in The Hateful Eight and Mad Max

But I'm not hating on people who like the movies it's just my own opinion

witch is why i said give up on comic book movies now, if you're a comic fan they will never be 'played out' comics have been around for almost 100 years and never going away so if you're a fan of comics its impossible for you to get burned out on movies based on them... it would be like a basketball fan saying eh, ive watched enough no team will be as good as the bulls with jordan :lol:

nolans batman movies were perfect for a casual fan and i doubt there's going to be anything to bridge that gap again in quality and realism

on the other hand you have crap like this twilight of suerphero movies fantastic 4, oh and yes this is FOX not marvel and im glad marvel is killing off the comic line if fox is going to put out garbage like this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRoD28-WgU[/youtube]
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#150 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:59 pm

kane
Head Coach

Post#151 » by kane » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:08 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR5HuQK5fYY&list=PL86F4D497FD3CACCE&index=1[/youtube]
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,501

Post#152 » by Bob Ross » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Well I thought the trailer was awesome.

Very excited for the new DCU and the continuing MCU. I don't hate either. X-Men as well has been great lately
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: OT- Batman vs Superman Teaser footage pica 

Post#153 » by dakomish23 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:25 am

nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:

Didn't see Goth but i thought the 1st Captain American was ehh and haven't seen a xmen in a while

Avengers has no rewatch value to me at all it was good the first watch in 3D that's about it

But that's just opinion I know people love these movies

I get it. I'm a dc guy first. Other than the first batman and the first two of the last trilogy, I don't know of a classic. They've made blockbuster cartoon movies that would be epic if they were live movies. The flashpoint paradox is awesome. The red hood movie was fantastic. Even the suicide squad was great. The live TV shows are classic too. They just can't seem to put it together movie wise unless Nolan is involved.

I would of done WW and Aquaman seperately and really played the Greek mythology angle to a degree. That always sells - take a look at that Percy Jackson garbage.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#154 » by Shemy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:51 am

thought MoS was "ok" but im lying and so is everybody else if they say they aint watching this movie
"They scared now"
denimourson
Rookie
And1: 615

Post#155 » by denimourson » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:42 am

The poster look pretty good especially the Batman poster. Afleck looks like the Arkham Batman from the video games.

Brady to LBJ: Psst...hey, man you want these deflated basketballs?
melomax
Banned User
And1: 566

Post#156 » by melomax » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 am

Honest question:

Are people worried at all about Marvel & avengers specifically? I mean they are going to make a ton of $$s but I get the feeling that interest has already begun to wane quite a bit.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#157 » by kingquan316 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:24 am

melomax wrote:Honest question:

Are people worried at all about Marvel & avengers specifically? I mean they are going to make a ton of $$s but I get the feeling that interest has already begun to wane quite a bit.

They got the rights to spiderman. That is the most popular superhero in the Marvel Universe. He is what will keep the interest in the Avengers and Marvel. It was a smart move by Marvel, and when he debuts with the Avengers, it's going to make a boat load of money.

U would think Batman vs Superman will make a boatload of money too, but it needs to be a good movie at least to do that. Man of Steel had ok reviews, not awesome reviews. That is what hurt them a little bit in their box office performance. Superman is the more popular superhero compared to Iron Man to the common folk, but Iron Man 3 killed Man of Steel in the box office because it had better reviews than Man of Steel, so more people watched it again compared to Man of Steel. At the end of the day, the only way DC can catch up to Marvel is just to make an awesome movie like Marvel does. They have the two most popular superheros in Batman and Superman, they just need to make a great movie with them, and then they got potentially a money making franchise coming up with the Justice League.
kane
Head Coach

Post#158 » by kane » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:20 pm

well witch is it? is interest starting to wane or not, because if interest drops then no i wont make a ton of $$.... those two things go hand in hand

im actually worried about avengers 2 being a good movie. ive heard mixed things about it from people that have seen sneak previews and they might be at the point where they are trying to jam to many heroes into one movie (like what they are doing with BvS)

this is why i think its a bad idea to just throw heroes in without their own movie you cant assume people know who quicksilver/scarlet witch/vision without some back story, it worked for the last x-men movie because quicksilver had a very small part and was the only new guy and honestly the cast was half the size of avengers

Reviews starting big to come in

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/mobile/m/ ... of_ultron/

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/avengers-age-of-ultron
melomax
Banned User

Post#159 » by melomax » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:12 am

kane wrote:

well witch is it? is interest starting to wane or not, because if interest drops then no i wont make a ton of $$.... those two things go hand in hand

im actually worried about avengers 2 being a good movie. ive heard mixed things about it from people that have seen sneak previews and they might be at the point where they are trying to jam to many heroes into one movie (like what they are doing with BvS)

this is why i think its a bad idea to just throw heroes in without their own movie you cant assume people know who quicksilver/scarlet witch/vision without some back story, it worked for the last x-men movie because quicksilver had a very small part and was the only new guy and honestly the cast was half the size of avengers

actually I was considering making a play on disney, but i'm thinking the stock is either appropriately or slightly over valued. They own star wars too and the disney park in shanghai is opening soon, but i'm really worried about the economy so i think i'll hold off. but I'm really ready tomake a massive play on disney, just worried about an imminent correction.

I'm very excited for rogue wars because that could be a franchise that is like GOTG where it just sneaks up on people and boom, they 3x'd their investment.
melomax
Banned User

Post#160 » by melomax » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:14 am

kingquan316 wrote:

They got the rights to spiderman. That is the most popular superhero in the Marvel Universe. He is what will keep the interest in the Avengers and Marvel. It was a smart move by Marvel, and when he debuts with the Avengers, it's going to make a boat load of money.

U would think Batman vs Superman will make a boatload of money too, but it needs to be a good movie at least to do that. Man of Steel had ok reviews, not awesome reviews. That is what hurt them a little bit in their box office performance. Superman is the more popular superhero compared to Iron Man to the common folk, but Iron Man 3 killed Man of Steel in the box office because it had better reviews than Man of Steel, so more people watched it again compared to Man of Steel. At the end of the day, the only way DC can catch up to Marvel is just to make an awesome movie like Marvel does. They have the two most popular superheros in Batman and Superman, they just need to make a great movie with them, and then they got potentially a money making franchise coming up with the Justice League.

i totally forgot about that. something to 100% keep in mind, i know those leaked emails from sony mentioned spiderman and how marvel desperately wanted at least a cameo in one of their upcoming films... that would be unreal sick for the franchise.

Return to New York Knicks