ImageImageImageImageImage

OT-Updated: FOX & Marvel announce Deadpool film for 2016!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Re: OT- Deadpool footage leaked with Ryan Reynolds from 2011 

Post#41 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Teppler wrote:Avengers was a terrible movie. Not crazy about Nolan's Batman movies either.

You're nuts if you think Avengers was terrible.
What movies do you find to be good then?

Same people say they wouldn't bang scarlett johnanson, Kate upton or hale berry. Haters gonna hate. But people sound stupid when they say they didn't like avengers or the dark knight 2 of the biggest blockbusters in movie history. I would like to see these people make an entertaining video for 30 seconds never mind films that generated billions of dollars.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#42 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:44 pm

NYSPORTSNUCCA wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
suicidedeuce wrote:What does "overrated" mean?

Sounds like it means lots of people liked it but I didn't therefore they're all wrong and I'm right.

Not liking the Avengers is a perfectly valid personal opinion, as is liking it.

We know for a fact it was one of the top 30 or so most popular movies of all time, if critical/audience reception is any indication.

Why can't people leave it as "I didn't happen to like what a lot of other people did". Again, perfectly legit.

There's something so self-possessed about the term "overrated", as if someone your opinion is the correct ones and everyone else's opinions needs to be adjusted to yours.

I, for one, liked Avengers a lot. I think that though some movies are overrated in that the wave of enthusiasm from big fans outweighs the majority opinion.
In other words, lets say there are 10 of us, 5 of us go see a "Inception." Of the 5 that go, 2 people LOVE it, 2 are indifferent and 1 dislikes it. The person who dislikes it and the indifferent people don't tell the other 5 about their experience, it just doesn't matter to them. The two who love it convince the other 5 to see it with them because it is SOOOO amazing. Of that 5, 1 loves it, 2 are indifferent, and 2 dislike it (confirming their original choice not to see it).

The three that love it see it one more time together.

Scoreboard:
15 tickets purchased
3 happy customers
3 unhappy customers
4 people who really don't care

Due to the people who loved it, the movie was seen by more people due to word of mouth. It was marketed by friends as a "must see" and as a result the ticket sales increased (in this case by 6). Objectively it looks VERY popular looking at the tickets sold and going by the loudest voices. However, upon review we see that the audience was actually fairly split on the issue. Thus overrated.

In summary, movies are objectively rated on something of a 5 to 7 liekert scale (hate, strong dislike, dislike, indifferent, like, really like, love), but subjectively rated (each persons individual opinion) and scored on a 3 point liekert scale (bad, meh, good). The difference in scoring can lead to the subjective overrating.

2 of the original 5 were indifferent and 1 disliked it but, neither has said why. When does that ever happened?

In the analogy, only the 2 people who liked the movie are rating it at all. If they are the only ones saying anything.., it brings us back to the original point.., how can a movie be overrated?

Of those that haven't liked the Avengers, and there's been many., I usually here the same complaint. "There wasn't a deep enough narrative." HELLO! It's a comic book movie. lol.

"The jokes were stale and outdated" .., okay that's valid. All of them? Who is it outdated for.., the kids that are going to see it? "Of course you knew.., they were going to get together and win the day." lol SMDH I mean., the movie is called "The Avengers".

It was a fun movie.., nothing more. This is all it was meant to be.., not deep and thought provoking. Bring your kids., buy some popcorn, laugh a little and have a good time. I'm really curious as to what people who didn't like the Avengers expected or hope for.

To the first point: Unless someone is offended by a movie, they likely won't report an issue.

to the avenger-specific issues: people who love things ie myself and teenage mutant ninja turtles, will not like change. If in their minds the fans expect iron man to be a certain way, for hulk to appear more/less strong than thor, for other characters to have greater/lesser roles then yes there is room for disappointment.

My biggest issue with Avengers is that the "villain" was Loki who was already beaten on a 1:1 by Thor in the original Thor movie. Having him as the bad guy a 2nd time is boring/repetitive. However, as the best action was between the aliens and earth this issue was minimized. It would have been nice if there was a real super-villain or better yet a villain tandem ie Loki+.
http://www.newsarama.com/15485-the-10-greatest-avengers-villains-of-all-time.html

Looks like an ideal first avengers villain would have been a combination of Osbourn (head of HAMMER) and Loki. Then again this was the plot of Iron Man 2 (instead of Loki, Hammer teamed with the other scientist)

anyhow that's my only gripe and I really enjoy avengers. I watch it 4 times a year.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
steamed hams
General Manager
And1: 19,431

Post#43 » by steamed hams » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:03 pm

The only superhero movies I liked were Spiderman 1 and 2 (not the terrible, terrible, awful reboot that's out right now), Batman Begins/The Dark Knight, and Iron Man 1. All of those were good and had emotional depth and good character development to them, their sequels however were terrible and were just cash grabs. The Avengers was good too, but that's just cause I wanted a fun summer flick where I could see all the superheroes team up.
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#44 » by Smash3 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:52 pm

My top 5:

1. Dark Knight Rises.
2. Spiderman 1
3. Captain America : Winter Soldier
4. The Dark Knight
5. Iron Man 1

Avenger was really entertaining but no depth to it so it was just a fun movie overall.

In recent memory the worst ones were:

1. Captain America 1
2. Man of Steel.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Sho_Nuff
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#45 » by Sho_Nuff » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:

Sounds like it means lots of people liked it but I didn't therefore they're all wrong and I'm right.

We know for a fact it was one of the top 30 or so most popular movies of all time, if critical/audience reception is any indication.

Why can't people leave it as "I didn't happen to like what a lot of other people did". Again, perfectly legit.

There's something so self-possessed about the term "overrated", as if someone your opinion is the correct ones and everyone else's opinions needs to be adjusted to yours.

I agree. People that usually hate the avengers are Chris Nolan / batman fans. If a comic book movie is not gritty and or have a deep meaning they suck in front of their eyes.

Seriously these batman trolls really only have the dark knight as the really only good batman flick. The first one was good but not breath taking and the 3rd one was a huge disappointment.

Long time Lurker, new poster....stfu and gtfo :D

I am one of those that hold all comicbook movies to a higher standard because of the Dark Knight and even though Batman begins was really good and Rises was decent, Nolans trilogy is regarded as the benchmark for comicbook movies because he didn't treat them like comics. It wasn't simply because they were dark and gritty, it's because he approached the Batman films as films not simply genre fare, which lead to a higher class of comicbook movie that has never been seen until then or duplicated (pacing, tone, acting, musical score, dialogue, visuals, etc - also Winter Soldier attempted this).

That doesn't mean there is no room for fun, non serious comicbook movies, but at the same time it shouldn't feel like the studios and directors aren't striving for more than generic popcorn fare 80%-90% of the time. A lot of the comicbook movies coming out seem to be standard and by the numbers while taking no risk or creating memorable storylines/characters/worlds.

Blade started the new comicbook craze about 15 years ago and I think a lot of people have gotten past the point of being excited just because:
"Hey look at your favorite hero on the big screen...now look at him/her interact or crack jokes with another hero...and watch as they name drop another soon to come superhero...don't forget that little easter egg we left for the real fans."

I thought Avengers was simply ok, not bad by any stretch but not amazing either and that's just my opinion. To me it was not a strong overall film but rather waiting for the next "big interaction" or "moment" between characters. I think the overrated tag comes into play because some feel as though others hype the movie as the greatest the comicbook movie world has to offer when if you look past seeing six of your favorite heroes interacting on the big screen the rest of the movie is pretty thin.

Lastly, the comicbook and graphic novel medium is known for having some of the best characters, memorable moments and thought provoking as well as emotionally resonating storylines and they often don't dumb down their themes and material for even their kid audience so why should most of the movies do this?
EX: Spiderman 2 and Pixar movies have/had deep themes while being fun at the same time.
Teppler
Banned User
And1: 157

Post#46 » by Teppler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Teppler wrote:Avengers was a terrible movie. Not crazy about Nolan's Batman movies either.

In terms of comic book movies I don't think anything has topped X-2. I liked Spider man 1 by Sam Rami 2nd best.

In terms of Batman, I prefer the one with Nicholson as the Joker to TDK trilogy. They bore me. JMHO.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#47 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Sho_Nuff wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

I agree. People that usually hate the avengers are Chris Nolan / batman fans. If a comic book movie is not gritty and or have a deep meaning they suck in front of their eyes.

Seriously these batman trolls really only have the dark knight as the really only good batman flick. The first one was good but not breath taking and the 3rd one was a huge disappointment.

I am one of those that hold all comicbook movies to a higher standard because of the Dark Knight and even though Batman begins was really good and Rises was decent, Nolans trilogy is regarded as the benchmark for comicbook movies because he didn't treat them like comics. It wasn't simply because they were dark and gritty, it's because he approached the Batman films as films not simply genre fare, which lead to a higher class of comicbook movie that has never been seen until then or duplicated (pacing, tone, acting, musical score, dialogue, visuals, etc - also Winter Soldier attempted this).

That doesn't mean there is no room for fun, non serious comicbook movies, but at the same time it shouldn't feel like the studios and directors aren't striving for more than generic popcorn fare 80%-90% of the time. A lot of the comicbook movies coming out seem to be standard and by the numbers while taking no risk or creating memorable storylines/characters/worlds.

Blade started the new comicbook craze about 15 years ago and I think a lot of people have gotten past the point of being excited just because:
"Hey look at your favorite hero on the big screen...now look at him/her interact or crack jokes with another hero...and watch as they name drop another soon to come superhero...don't forget that little easter egg we left for the real fans."

I thought Avengers was simply ok, not bad by any stretch but not amazing either and that's just my opinion. To me it was not a strong overall film but rather waiting for the next "big interaction" or "moment" between characters. I think the overrated tag comes into play because some feel as though others hype the movie as the greatest the comicbook movie world has to offer when if you look past seeing six of your favorite heroes interacting on the big screen the rest of the movie is pretty thin.

Lastly, the comicbook and graphic novel medium is known for having some of the best characters, memorable moments and thought provoking as well as emotionally resonating storylines and they often don't dumb down their themes and material for even their kid audience so why should most of the movies do this?
EX: Spiderman 2 and Pixar movies have/had deep themes while being fun at the same time.

Avengers was meant to be just fun and not have a deep meaning. the dark knight trilogy really only gad one great movie. The 1st one was good but not something I'd watch it more than once. The 3rd one was mediocre, dude.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#48 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Teppler wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

In terms of comic book movies I don't think anything has topped X-2. I liked Spider man 1 by Sam Rami 2nd best.

In terms of Batman, I prefer the one with Nicholson as the Joker to TDK trilogy. They bore me. JMHO.

X2? The forgettable X2? I meam, everybody has their own opinion but X2 was far from a great comic book movie. Cap 2 and X-men days of future past have both topped it just this year.
Teppler
Banned User
And1: 157

Post#49 » by Teppler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Teppler wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:You're nuts if you think Avengers was terrible.

X2? The forgettable X2? I meam, everybody has their own opinion but X2 was far from a great comic book movie. Cap 2 and X-men days of future past have both topped it just this year.

Where you call it forgettable, I call it well done. Too many comic book movies try to be too big, they forget telling a good story with good character development.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#50 » by poeman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 pm

http://vz3.blur.com/work/detail/weapon-x#movies/1

UPDATE: HD LINK TO DEADPOOL FOOTAGE...I REPEAT HD FOOTAGE!!!

These guys must have made the clip. I can finally see the picture on the paper haha
poeman
General Manager

Re: OT- Deadpool footage leaked Ryan Reynolds from 2011 

Post#51 » by poeman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 pm

UPDATED! ON YOUTUBE!!!!!

Site crashed for the link above...Im guessing a ton of people are on it

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0BWnXKcs8[/youtube]

UPDATED OP too
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#52 » by King of Canada » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm

The footage is on Perezhilton right now. No way it was leaked without it being on purpose, especially with comicon just happening.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#53 » by Trav_NYK » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:03 pm

If they made this i dont care what anyone says it would be the best super hero movie out lol that clip was perfect lol
"This is Me7o"
Loisl
Veteran
And1: 187

Re: OT-UPDATED: HD LINK INSIDE Deadpool footage leaked Reyno 

Post#54 » by Loisl » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Found another working YouTube link:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGqI1IG8nQ[/youtube]

Looks nice.
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
Sho_Nuff
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#55 » by Sho_Nuff » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:26 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
Sho_Nuff wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:I agree. People that usually hate the avengers are Chris Nolan / batman fans. If a comic book movie is not gritty and or have a deep meaning they suck in front of their eyes.

Avengers was meant to be just fun and not have a deep meaning. the dark knight trilogy really only gad one great movie. The 1st one was good but not something I'd watch it more than once. The 3rd one was mediocre, dude.

I agree with you that Dark Knight Rises was a let down but I also feel like the direction of Nolan alone elevates it to a higher quality of film than most other movies in the genre (Nolans worse effort is still better than most others best efforts). I also think Begins is a lot better than most give it credit for.

My favorite comicbook movies are Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton), Blade 1&2, Spidey 2, The Crow, Sin City, Scott Pilgrim and Kick Ass.

I also see a lot of hate for the ASM movies but I actually think the director is getting better and could be on the verge of a masterpiece once the sinister six get involved.

For me Raimis first two Spiderman movies had great musical scores and quality stories, but I thought they were also hindered by some extremely cheesy scenes (people running up screaming at camera, kids finding spideys mask on train, eat your broccoli, etc...), soap opera-ish acting (James Franco), along with his Evil Dead "directing/camera gone amock" style.

I think Marc Webb keeps a better balance of fun and serious tone. Both directors have cheese in their movies but Webbs seem to have more charm and are less disconcerting (kid standing up to rhyno, Max Dillon character, etc..). His movies also have better acting along with great comedic timing and a better love story. He basically has Spiderman the character down to a tee! What hinders Webbs ASM movies has been poor pacing (lingering on love story too long while rushing villain storylines) and lack of a memorable storyline like Spiderman 2. I believe if he can get a great writer involved and figures out how to pace his movies better he is capable of producing a masterpiece.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#56 » by Marty McFly » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:04 am

Apart from Guardians of The Galaxy and Batman V Superman, i'd most look forward to a Deadpool movie. That **** would be a riot for obvious reasons. all the other ones are old hat at this point.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#57 » by Jay10 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:33 am

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#58 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:43 am

If there is a just and loving power out there they will let us have the ryan reynolds deadpool.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
poeman
General Manager

Post#59 » by poeman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:32 am

guessssssssss whoooooo is coming to the theater in Feb 12, 2016????!!!!!!!!!!!?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/18/64351 ... -12th-2016

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/deadp ... 201308783/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x ... ets-734172

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXGsv9nsNs[/youtube]
#Test Leaked Footage FTW!
poeman
General Manager

Re: OT-Updated: FOX & Marvel announce Deadpool film for 2016 

Post#60 » by poeman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:44 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/512731221353177088[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/512734154702610432[/tweet]