ImageImageImageImageImage

OT-Updated: FOX & Marvel announce Deadpool film for 2016!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Re: OT-Updated: FOX & Marvel announce Deadpool film for 2016 

Post#61 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:35 am

The Winter Soldier kills any batman flick
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,940

Post#62 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:39 am

To join in on the Avengers discussion, I think they did a good job. Honestly, I didn't have high expectations for the movie or expected it to be deep. I just didn't want them to fail. When you have all these characters on the screen and a short amount of time, I feel like the bust factor just rises. Look at the X-Men movies. There are so many characters, but only a few get screen time. That's okay, because audiences love Wolverine. But when you have a movie like Avengers, with characters that have all starred in their own films, you have to balance the screentime, balance their characters and personality etc. I enjoyed the movie, and they did a good job, and it could have been a LOT worse.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#63 » by spaceballer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:09 pm

poeman wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/512731221353177088[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/status/512734154702610432[/tweet]

^ Deadpool creator

Liefeld has a terrible reputation in the comics community.

He had a brief period in the sun when he was productive. But there are major criticism of him on the creative end (art-style panned by many critics), business end (his partners were so frustrated that they called for his ouster), production end (trouble meeting deadlines), ethics end (accused of swiping art from others, not giving credit to fellow creators, siphoning general joint resources for personal studio promotion and gain when put in charge at Image).

He managed to piss off everyone: fans, fellow artists/writers/creators/talent, and business partners.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,346

Post#64 » by dakomish23 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:13 pm

He's a great character and awesome fighter. But I'm hoping he's also just as funny

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk[/youtube]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#65 » by dakomish23 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Clearly this is a Marvel fan club. I'm a big fan of Iron Man 1, Avengers and the Winter Soldier films. Awesome movies.

Maybe it's because so much time has passed, but Batman Begins and Dark Knight are clearly the standard for greatest comic films of our generation. Nothing touches the overall dialogue combined with action.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
spaceballer
Head Coach

Post#66 » by spaceballer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Clearly this is a Marvel fan club. I'm a big fan of Iron Man 1, Avengers and the Winter Soldier films. Awesome movies.

Maybe it's because so much time has passed, but Batman Begins and Dark Knight are clearly the standard for greatest comic films of our generation. Nothing touches the overall dialogue combined with action.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite. Love the nonstop witty humor, mixed with well done CGI and action sequences, and scattered moments of poignancy and character development and insight when you least expect them (like reading the letter at the end that reveals the origins of the "starlord" moniker).
spaceballer
Head Coach

Post#67 » by spaceballer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 pm

dakomish23 wrote:He's a great character and awesome fighter. But I'm hoping he's also just as funny

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk[/youtube]

Yeah, the mix of humor and violence is kind of Deadpool's trademark. Dunno if they'll water down the violence (an R-rating would limit their marketing audience), or tone down the humor (removing the witty trademark Spiderman one-liners was one of the gripes I had about Tobey Maguire's portrayal of Spiderman).
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#68 » by Trav_NYK » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:41 pm

I cant wait for this film to come out!!! Hopefully they make it rated R so they can do a lot of crazy stuff. I don't think Ryan Reynolds has been announced to play Deadpool yet but im sure that announcement will be made later on. Reynolds as Deadpool is a perfect fit and I hope this movie kills!! Good thing Days of Futures Past did so well and the reactions from the "leaked" deadpool test video was so good; im sure that was the final straw for FOX to finally be on 100% with this movie. Cant wait!
"This is Me7o"
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#69 » by dakomish23 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:21 pm

spaceballer wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Clearly this is a Marvel fan club. I'm a big fan of Iron Man 1, Avengers and the Winter Soldier films. Awesome movies.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite. Love the nonstop witty humor, mixed with well done CGI and action sequences, and scattered moments of poignancy and character development and insight when you least expect them (like reading the letter at the end that reveals the origins of the "starlord" moniker).

Can't talk about that movie till I see it. Yeah I know. But that's what fatherhood can do to you. Smh I used to be the guy who caught the midnight showing the moment it opened it up.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#70 » by poeman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
spaceballer wrote:

Can't talk about that movie till I see it. Yeah I know. But that's what fatherhood can do to you. Smh I used to be the guy who caught the midnight showing the moment it opened it up.

i might be you one day soon...

But yes, Guardians is the best Marvel movie I have seen in years. Right there with Avengers. I enjoyed Guardians more because I love cosmic stories
spaceballer
Head Coach

Post#71 » by spaceballer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
spaceballer wrote:

Since you're a father, depending on your age and the pop tunes you listened to when you grew up, you may find some of the music nostalgic. The carefully selected 70's pop music is really a character in its own right and adds an extra dimension to the scenes.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#72 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Not a Deadpool (Basically Deathstroke + Spidey) fan...even though I respect Joe Kelly (I Kill Giants) who broke the fourth wall and started what you see today. However FOX has the writers from Zombieland who will definitely make it work.

I would have preferred the guy who did In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#73 » by kane » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:33 pm

i knew when this got "leaked" it was someone trying to ether gauge the interest in deadpool or trying to give it a second wind and force fox into giving this a green light

if you would of asked me about wanting to see this after x-men origins wolverine i think id of rather washed my eyes out with bleach :o today though after the last two x-men movies it restored some of my faith with fox and i hope that maybe they figured it out ....but Ryan Reynolds.... sorry hes to tainted with green lantern stink for me not to mention R.I.P.D, ill need to see some amazing reviews to even think about wanting to watch this :lol:

ps. more intrested in the gambit movie with Channing Tatum or x-force
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#74 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:39 pm

No Ryan Reynolds unless you want another franchise killed.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,235

Post#75 » by gavran » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:43 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:No Ryan Reynolds unless you want another franchise killed.

I have a bad new for you then.
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#76 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:27 pm

A fine example of "competition breeds excellence". Thanks to Marvel Studios making really good movies now we are getting rival productions' D.O.F.P, Age of Apocalypse, and Deadpool..., not to mention WB's Batman V. Superman., a movie I'd never expect to see without Marvel's ultimate successes.

Not a comic book fan but.., I do love comic book movies.
three2theD wrote:
I've been on the THjr bandwagon since summer league, and I would trade him for Rondo. IMO Rondo is the third best PG in the NBA after Curry and CP3.
I doubt anything happens though.
French Sinatra
Junior
And1: 122

Post#77 » by French Sinatra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Looks really bad, that's all CGI...
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#78 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:45 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:No Ryan Reynolds unless you want another franchise killed.

Reynolds can do it. No one can really blame him for Blade 3, Green Lantern and Wolverine: Origins. He was actually good in them.

As a matter of fact., he'd be perfect for Deadpool., I guess. :dontknow:
three2theD wrote:
I've been on the THjr bandwagon since summer league, and I would trade him for Rondo. IMO Rondo is the third best PG in the NBA after Curry and CP3.
I doubt anything happens though.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Re: OT- Deadpool footage leaked with Ryan Reynolds from 2011 

Post#79 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:55 am

Smash3 wrote:My top 5:

1. Dark Knight Rises.
2. Spiderman 1
3. Captain America : Winter Soldier
4. The Dark Knight
5. Iron Man 1

Avenger was really entertaining but no depth to it so it was just a fun movie overall.

In recent memory the worst ones were:

1. Captain America 1
2. Man of Steel.

but but avengers sold more tickets :sigh: :sigh:
just kidding.
avengers had so many stars, so many loved superheroes so they sold tickets.
it wasnt a bad movie but not that good either. its just spending some time. 2 hours of fun ok.
but nolan's batman series was good. everyone talked about it before and after the movie.
maybe avengers made more profit, sold more tickets i dont care. its overrated. its a decent movie with great superheroes and actors in it.

if nolan shoots a new batman movie i'll go on the first day.
but when avengers 2 airs i'll go when i dont have anything else to do.
ElTuco84
Bench Warmer
And1: 213

Post#80 » by ElTuco84 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight will be remembered as the Godfather I and II of superhero movies.

Look at Man of Steel, The Amazing Spiderman, those movies tried to copy the Nolan Batman films and failed.

From the Marvel movies, The Winter Soldier has been the best so far.

Return to New York Knicks