ImageImageImageImageImage

Derrick Rose apparently didn't want Melo

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

D-HarpersNose
Banned User
And1: 92

Re: Derrick Rose apparently didn't want Melo 

Post#41 » by D-HarpersNose » Fri Aug 1, 2014 12:09 pm

Rose comes out of this looking like a real douche. Maybe instead of worrying about who he is gonna play with, he should just focus on trying to not blow out his knee every time someone sneezes.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#42 » by j4remi » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:
kane wrote::lol: :lol: moneymitch what happen? :lol: :lol:

We all know rose is just a miserable human being this is just more proof, remember his brother/agent was mad at the bulls for not getting him help then he pulls this? What a joke

he wants help but he doesn't want anyone who might threaten his position as the top player on the team

This...100% this. He wouldn't recruit Bron or Melo but went nuts for Gasol? :crazy:
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#43 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:11 pm

I think the "beef" is more between the Bulls front office and D-Rose's camp, namely his brother and whoever else is in his ear. Rose seems to be caught in the middle but tends to side with his camp because its family.

I do believe though that Rose in a way is selfish. Meaning, he probably put on a facade acting like he wanted Melo on the team, doing the workout in front of him (which im not entirely sure if its true or not) and saying all the right things about Melo in the media. But i do think deep down Rose didnt want Melo on the roster.

Rose still believes this is his team and he wants to be known as the man who brought the title back to his hometown. He wants to be the undisputed #1. Hes never been actively aggressive pursuing the top tier free agents, but the B-Level free agents aka solid role players, he has no problem at all wanting them on the roster.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
cformusic
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#44 » by cformusic » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:32 pm

wow..seems like Rose needs to grow up and emancipate himself from his "camp" like Beyonce did from her daddy
Listen to my gay ol' raps! C-FOR's Liberation
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#45 » by CoolKids » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:39 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:This is just further support for what a number of people here think, i.e. that players are not climbing over each other to play with Melo. We'll know for sure next summer.

derrick rose is actually mentally handicapped though so I guess that means something
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#46 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:49 pm

First off....

**** the Bulls.

Now, that's out of the way, Rose doesn't want anyone on his level teaming up with him and gets bashed for it.

Meanwhile folks pissed because LeBron went to team up.

Can't have it both ways....make your minds up.

Sent from my SGH M-919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#47 » by gavran » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:51 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

That would be true, if Lebron and Rose were on the same level, but their circumstances couldn't be any different.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#48 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:08 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Three possibilities

1) this whole this is Bs. Taking that quite out of context and making it seem about Melo when it's really about Pau for example.

2) rosé is a selfish brat who doesn't want to share the ball or spotlight

3) rose looked at Melo and him and realized it wasn't an ideal fit so he opted out.

I'm thinking the least likely is option 3

4. He thought the Bulls trotting him out there like a circus freak (the workout) was insulting.
yeah poor rose has been so used

:roll:

Come on man. That's feeble
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#49 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:15 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:First off....

**** the Bulls.

Now, that's out of the way, Rose doesn't want anyone on his level teaming up with him and gets bashed for it.

I think it's very different

1) a player recruiting to his team is expected and valued. No one blamed wade for recruiting Lebron and barsh.

2) a player leaving his team to team up - especially when that player leaves the team screwed like LBJ did - is very distasteful and weak.

Rosé is making, from all signs, a selfish and immature decision.
By needing to be the only offensive star on the team he limits the teams ceiling and makes certain all success and all glory is tied to him.

The real story will happen if chi pursues love.

That'll be another major name and fan attraction that can and will take away from rose. Will he support a player who is clearly a great fit with him?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#50 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:36 pm

Rose is a passive aggressive mofo huh?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,598

Post#51 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:20 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Three possibilities

1) this whole this is Bs. Taking that quite out of context and making it seem about Melo when it's really about Pau for example.

2) rosé is a selfish brat who doesn't want to share the ball or spotlight

3) rose looked at Melo and him and realized it wasn't an ideal fit so he opted out.

I'm thinking the least likely is option 3

4. He thought the Bulls trotting him out there like a circus freak (the workout) was insulting.
yeah poor rose has been so used

:roll:

Come on man. That's feeble

My point is that what's going on might have had nothing to do with Melo, who he did call. Any tension might have been directed at management.

You're then assuming I think what I'm projecting onto Rose... which is pretty feeble, thanks.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#52 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:49 pm

The signs were there all along. I have no problems with D. Rose wanting to win a title without the franchise buying it. From his perspective, Melo takes away his glory.

I think the Knicks should do the same thing and court Rose when he is a free agent. ;)
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#53 » by j4remi » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:36 pm

**** the Bulls.

Rose would be the Wade in this situation. Lebron was the pariah because he left his team behind and spurned a bunch of others. Players get a pass when they're staying loyal to a franchise and drawing others to be part of their circle.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#54 » by kosmovitelli » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:40 pm

Derrick Rose apparently didn't want Melo

Derrick Rose often acts and talks like a douche but you can't blame him about not wanting Melo in Chicago. Rose was the league's MVP three years ago, a title Melo never sniffed. Not surprising the guy would rather have Gasol (a declining player who will defer to him) than Melo who could steal the spotlight and his money. With a max player like Melo making $20+ mil per season, Rose would be the odd man out in 3 years when his contract will expire, if the Bulls acquired Melo then they would build a championship team around Melo and Noah and would use the remaining money for their supporting cast. It was pretty obvious so it's not surprising Rose saw the writing on the wall and would rather see his team continue to build around him.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,217

Post#55 » by KnicksGod » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:50 pm

**** the Bulls.

This is a good and fair point. I guess people think that if Melo wanted to go to Chicago, and was a free agent addition by himself rather than 3 guys "conspiratorially" signing together, then it's more organic and natural and therefore more acceptable.

But I'm with you. It doesn't matter to me -- there's no difference to me.

Where I come down on this is that Rose should want to win. I never had a problem with the Heat doing what they did -- it was all fair and fine and showed that winning titles was important to him. Rose wants to win, but it seems he does on his terms.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#56 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:56 pm

j4remi wrote:

**** the Bulls.

Rose would be the Wade in this situation. Lebron was the pariah because he left his team behind and spurned a bunch of others. Players get a pass when they're staying loyal to a franchise and drawing others to be part of their circle.

Honestly I don't see a difference. Rose has no interest in teaming up.

He's basically saying I got this. Whether he does or not will be determined, but I see nothing wrong his view.

And no way he'd be Wade, unless he's lost lot, which we'll see as well.

R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#57 » by Phish Tank » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:09 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
j4remi wrote:

**** the Bulls.

He's basically saying I got this. Whether he does or not will be determined, but I see nothing wrong his view.

Honestly more people are only really mad at LeBron for making the announcement on TV rather than joining the Heat (myself included).

Don't really care if Rose wants another superstar or if he'd like to team up with any. Doesn't matter who the player is to me either.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,598

Post#58 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:13 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:And no way he'd be Wade

Exactly. THAT'S where I suspect he got pissed off. He didn't want to be showcased as part of the "supporting cast" during Melo's tour. All accounts say that he did, in fact, call Melo and recruit him himself.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#59 » by j4remi » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:34 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

Wade - Rose comparison as in the player who stays with his franchise, draws other stars and reaps the benefits. Wade at least in the beginning of it, was the guy who people didn't come after when the whole Decision thing went down. The animosity went to players who "ran" from difficult situations for an easier shot. In Rose's case, all he had to do was play recruiter...there's never been animosity toward a player for that, at least not in my memory.

I think the difference between leaving a franchise and staying with a single team is pretty obvious. At the time when Lebron made that move, it was fairly unprecedented but since his move we've had...the Melo move, Harden trade, Dwight twice, Lebron leaving a team that made the finals three years in a row, Love being a foregone conclusion to bolt and even a seeming franchise guy like Paul Pierce is suddenly on his third team in as many years. The Lebron fall out wouldn't be as bad now imo and either way, the situations have a couple of key differences...Rose doesn't have a choice about staying like Bron did and Rose does have a choice in helping his team get the best available pieces...in this case he chose a lesser player to recruit and that makes very little sense outside of "this is MY team and I want to make sure it stays that way."
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#60 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:43 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:The real story will happen if chi pursues love.

They were but it appears Minnesota is focused on getting Wiggins from Cleveland and Chicago has moved on. There's also reports that Rose has preferred Love over Melo from the start but wouldn't be opposed to Melo coming in, which makes sense on two fronts.

1. Love and Rose are close friends. They train together in L.A. every year (usually) along with Westbrook.
2. Rose probably wants to be "the man" with regard to who handles the ball and keys the offense.

If there's any truth to Rose recruiting guys like Love and Gasol and not going as hard after LeBron and Melo then that sure supports the idea that Rose wants to be that unquestioned first option and playmaker offensively with the guys around him being supplemental offensive players. That or maybe Rose just prefers playing with big white guys.

Return to New York Knicks