ImageImageImageImageImage

Article: Burning Q's: How can Fisher change Melo?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Article: Burning Q's: How can Fisher change Melo? 

Post#21 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:33 am

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
j4remi wrote:I REALLY can't wait to see Melo in the triangle. Dude has all of the requisite skills to thrive in the system and it's perfect to hide some of his deficiencies too.

I do too but the knicks are missing that key component of a big man to dump down low as first option. Amare does not pass well, and scores better when is face up.

For sure man, Melo's probably our best post-up player right now. Amare did show some improvement though with his back to the basket, so I'll hope for some more improvement and worst case...the next offseason has a lot of quality back to the basket bigs.

you're absolutely right about melo being the best post up player on the knicks right now, and amare seems to be more to the basket than facing up, now that he's a bit slower.

but i'd rather have melo as that pass to the wing/corner so that he can shoot the 3, which he's improved greatly, take advantage of his defender, or pass. from what i've seen, melo seems to look to score more when his back is to the basket instead of passing out of the post, which is important. i think, if a mismatch is available, definitely through melo in the post. just not sure how this weight loss will affect his ability to do bully down in the post
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to New York Knicks