ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Man (ISIS) who executed James Foley is a UK Rapper

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

OT: Man (ISIS) who executed James Foley is a UK Rapper 

Post#1 » by poeman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Ok guys, before we get this going...First,
PLEASE DONT DERAIL THIS THREAD WITH STUPID CRAP.

So we have some news on the guy who beheaded James Foley on that video. The story is picking up quickly and breaking

The hooded man with an English accent is believed to be 23-year-old Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, known to fellow Islamic State militants as Jihadi John or the rapper known as L Jinny.

Sources:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/b ... -1.1915465

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/08/24 ... s-british/

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rapper-iden ... 07w1i.html

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpuBpz4rNw0[/youtube]
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Re: OT: Man (ISIS) who executed James Foley is a UK Rapper 

Post#2 » by majortom71 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:39 pm

LOL, you already know this thread will get derailed like a runaway train!
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#3 » by GardenFaith » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:44 pm

You know I hardly recognised him with that black mask on!
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#4 » by IMAN5 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm

very strange that he would be a major terrorist yet have a relatively known rap career. I would think if you were gonna be part of a terrorist group or something you would have a somewhat unknown past, not have youtube videos and pics of yourself and your voice all over the internet.
instagram.com/510movement
D-HarpersNose
Banned User
And1: 92

Post#5 » by D-HarpersNose » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:13 pm

One of his lines is "feeling twisted from the Henney" but I thought they didn't drink alcohol? I thought it was actually forbidden?
rwb0376
Senior
And1: 258

Post#6 » by rwb0376 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Just goes to show that these terrorist organizations are further reaching than ever before. With the supposed text/tweet about DC and Chicago and now recruiting or placing someone in an entertainment platform, the rules have changed.

That's why it is so important to make sure they don't gain a larger foothold in Iraq, as it would give them finances, resources and a home base to enact their war against the West.
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#7 » by GardenFaith » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 pm

I guess when you behead someone all is forgotten in the eyes of Allah ??
D-HarpersNose
Banned User
And1: 92

Post#8 » by D-HarpersNose » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Also, I'm not trying to make light of this situation AT ALL, but a rapper beheading somebody and then putting it on the internet is about the most gangster thing I've ever heard of. As deplorable as the act was, and as much as I want him to die a slow painful death, he has definitely one-upped anything done by American rappers who call themselves thugs.
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#9 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm

brits should learn how to speak english.
R-S-M
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#10 » by R-S-M » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:27 pm

This is kind OT from the thread but i am just frustrated. I am all for people practicing their religion, whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. However, each day with all this negative news, I am really starting to question religion in general. All these wars/fighting as somewhat come down to religion. I always was not big on religion, but I respected it because it teaches people about a sense of their history and belonging. However, with each day I am starting to hate the idea of what its doing/has done to humanity as a whole. Its getting ridiculous. Even though followers of my religion are not involved in these wars and many times people have radicalized certain ideas, I am really frustrated and starting to question whether religion in general is good at all for humanity. (all this not to be confused with the idea of believing in God or a higher being, just religions in general).

Does anyone else feel this way?
"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise." "I'm chasing perfection. "
-Kobe Bryant
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#11 » by AmazingJason » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:45 pm

All I have is one word.

Drake.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#12 » by Bulls69 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 pm

I guess the far right are going to blame hip hop now
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,750

Post#13 » by omerome » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:00 pm

D-HarpersNose wrote:Also, I'm not trying to make light of this situation AT ALL, but a rapper beheading somebody and then putting it on the internet is about the most gangster thing I've ever heard of. As deplorable as the act was, and as much as I want him to die a slow painful death, he has definitely one-upped anything done by American rappers who call themselves thugs.

Let's hope no one tries to "one-up" what this guy did now.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#14 » by kane » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:01 pm

what rappers do to get 'street creed' these days...
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran

Post#15 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Where are the diss tracks realgm rsppers???!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using RealGM Forums mobile app
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran

Post#16 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Rappers*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using RealGM Forums mobile app
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#17 » by ITGM » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:21 pm

D-HarpersNose wrote:Also, I'm not trying to make light of this situation AT ALL, but a rapper beheading somebody and then putting it on the internet is about the most gangster thing I've ever heard of. As deplorable as the act was, and as much as I want him to die a slow painful death, he has definitely one-upped anything done by American rappers who call themselves thugs.

Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#18 » by Handledatruth » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Leave a guy like him alone in a room with Suge Knight and see how "gangster" he really is...

Bunch of cowards, their definition of "war" involves killing as many civilians as possible. The US may have its own civilian body count, but the goal is obviously to kill soldiers and militants. These dudes? Kill as many people as possible and then off yourself so you don't have to deal with the repercussions...More drones videos on CNN please...
il_knicks7
Banned User
And1: 804

Post#19 » by il_knicks7 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:53 pm

This guy is also the son of a top guy in Al-Qaeda. I guess it runs in the family.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#20 » by wolfv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Handledatruth wrote:

Leave a guy like him alone in a room with Suge Knight and see how "gangster" he really is...

Bunch of cowards, their definition of "war" involves killing as many civilians as possible. The US may have its own civilian body count, but the goal is obviously to kill soldiers and militants. These dudes? Kill as many people as possible and then off yourself so you don't have to deal with the repercussions...More drones videos on CNN please...

I don't know man. One side just lacks the war technology the other has. I'm not making excuses for them but they can't just fly drones around and blow people up.

Return to New York Knicks