Mass Dispatch 13.0.: Training Camp/New GB Appeals Rules.....

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Mass Dispatch 13.0.: Training Camp/New GB Appeals Rules..... 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:28 am

Mass Dispatch 13.0.

In this week's edition of Mass Dispatch.....

The Mass Matter feels the good news of more NBA Fans returning to our Forums as Training Camp gets ready to begin. We also find out if The Users defeated The Moderators this week and who “Beat The Commish”. A “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational” NHL Edition Update is also included along with if any of the current applicants has an edge.

Ask Howard addresses the possibility of Tagging Users and a Coaches Forum

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderators of The Week

Inside The Administrator's Office unfortunately hints at some bad news for The General NBA Board Appeals Process.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter................

The Mass Matter: Training Camp is almost here; “Beat The Commish” Week 3 and an Update on The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational? NHL Edition.

Training Camp is Almost Here

The dead NBA months of August and September are almost over with Training Camp set to start up next week.

You can feel it in the air, You can see traffic slowly start to tick up just a bit on each NBA Forum and I can see it in the new account sign-ups.

The NBA is almost back!

While many of you were here throughout the summer, many users tend to go away for the summer.

I not only am excited about them returning but the influx of new Users we get every year.

Ever since I started posting on Message Boards while I was in High School back in the late 90's, I had always wanted to build up a great community.

It is an honor to say we definitely have this for our NBA Forums and are building for our others although it is more slowly for some.

As another exciting NBA Season starts, I would like to welcome everyone back along with the new members who join our community.

I would also like to encourage all of you to invite your friends to join us as we embark on another great NBA Season on The Forums.

Now, that the season is here, I am sure many more pressing issues will be being addressed in Mass Dispatch and I look forward to the first NBA season with Mass Dispatch.

Now on to other matters................

“Beat The Commish”: Week 3

“The Commish” had a pretty good week but then again, no one was below 10 wins.

I only had one loss until the early games and then I took a beating the rest of the way.

I came out 11-5 and won the tiebreaker with everyone who posted that record except my fellow Administrator dream34 on got The Monday Night tiebreaker EXACTLY right with 46 points. I had 45.

Ehhhhhhhhh........... he's 3-0 on me. Quite an embarrassment when you get beat by a fellow Commish although it cannot be as bad as the few people who choose the Bucs and watched them get their asses kicked on National TV.

Anyway, here are the Users and Moderators who “Beat The Commish” Week 3

Users

DEEP3CL: 13-3
TheKingofSting: 13-3
DK-All Day: 12-4
ElectricMayhem: 12-4
Slot Machine: 12-4
The Regime: 12-4

Moderators

Geoffrey P.: 14-2
Geddy: 13-3
kdawg32086: 13-3
MadNESS: 12-4
dream34: 11-5

As you can see, Moderator Geoffrey P. led the Moderators with a 14-2 mark with DEEP3CL and TheKingofSting leading The Users going 13-3 each.

Both The Users and Moderators had a high winning percentage this week but The Winner of the Week was the Moderators

93-35 .726 to 171-69 .712

The Moderators now lead the season series 2-1.

Can The Users even the score next week?

It's time for everyone to make their Week 4 Picks

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1346472

“Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: NHL Edition Update

When I announced The Invitational last week, I had wondered if anyone would apply.

Well, 4 Users have applied.

I will not name names but here are some details.....

One user is quite new, another one is a good contributor across the forums, one is a god NHL poster and one is an improving Users.

Not everyone has what it takes to be a Moderator though and it comes to the 4 current applicants, I have no idea who will win The Interview with me for a chance to become a Moderator.

If anyone is interested in applying, here are the rules

Send me a PM titled : “Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be a Moderator? Invitational”

Then just list the forum you would like to apply for and why you are the best person to join The RealGM Moderator Team.

Applications will be accepted until Tuesday September 30 at 8 PM EST.

After I view all of the applications, I will select one User to have an Interview with me to become A Moderator although I retain to the right to select someone outright as a Moderator.

If there are more applications then I anticipate, I might also have a User Vote where one of the Applicants will win a Moderator Interview with me.

All users can apply no matter your record and I look forward to seeing your applications and finding out if a new Moderator for an NHL Forum can be found.

Ask Howard

Have a question about RealGM? The Forums? An Issue you would like me to address publicly or something in general? Just post it in the Ask Howard Thread of The Mass Dispatch Forum or you could send me a PM and I just might answer it in my next column. 

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1330025

Blkbrd671 Asks: FB , IG, and Twitter you can "tag" friends/posters with a "@" sign. Can we incorporate this into RealGM. Seems like it would help posters address exact posters comments as well allow more interaction amongst posters. I can tag a fellow poster in a thread i think he'd like etc....

Howard's Response: I am actually not sure if we can do this.

I'll chat with dream34 the next time we do updates.

It might not be doable in php but we will see.

For now, you can quote Users and they will get a notification. It would be nice if we could one day do this though.

BeKuK Asks: Howard, I'm a basketball Coach from germany. I work for youth and Pro Teams. 

I'm not new here on realgm and I would love to get in contact with other Coaches(specially from US). I've already visited some US Highschools and Colleges and I had a ton of fun. It's always great to interact with Coaches from other countries.

I think Realgm could also have a Coaches Forum here. where Coaches could talk and share experiences. I'm sure this would also grow here on realgm. 

I know how tough it is to get in contact with US Coaches.....but a Forum would help...and I really believe realgm could be the right Place for that.

Any chance we could Build something like that here. I would also be ready to help.

Bekim

Howard's Response: When I consider adding a Forum, I first determine if there would be enough interest and the Forum would sustain itself even though it could have some good discussions. I've seen a few forums that had a hardcore base like our Streetball Forum fade out due to a lack of interest. I will not add a Forum unless I feel it can be sustained long-term.

A Coaches Forum would be a nice Forum to move but do not think the interest would be their.

If anyone is interested in a Coaches Forum, start up a campaign on our Feedback and Suggestions Forum and we will see if there is enough interest.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It's time for the Weekly Mass Dispatch Forum Awards.

If you know of a User, Thread or Moderator that deserves to be recognized, please either send me a PM or make a post on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Your nominee might just receive an Award.

Mass Dispatch User (s) of The Week

Our Users on our Phoenix Suns Forum

The last big free agent story of the summer finally appears to be reaching a conclusion.

After what our Phoenix Suns Forum has deemed “The Not so Mexican Standoff Continues”, Eric Bledsoe has apparently agreed to re-sign with The Phoenix Suns for 5 years and $70 million.

The bitter standoff now appears to be over but not after a great thread with great contributions by our Phoenix Suns Forum.

I tried to pick one of you but it was too hard so everyone wins here.

Congratulations on Re-Signing Eric Bledsoe and for being The Mass dispatch Users of The Week!

Mass Dispatch Thread Of The Week

Our Phoenix Suns' Forum “The Not so Mexican Standoff Continues” Thread

The same thread that won them User(s) of The Week got them Thread of The Week.

“The Not So Mexican Standoff Continues” Thread was so large it went 6 threads.

Here is the latest discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1344039

I always find it fascinating to see how each fan base deals with big news and the fact our Suns Forum kept the good discussion going definitely deserves to be recognized.

Congratulations to our Phoenix Suns Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator(s) of The Week

Our Phoenix Suns Moderator Team!

A good Forum usually has a good Moderator Team and that can definitely be said about our Phoenix Suns Forum.

Kerrsed, Miklo and TASTIC are a great team who not only provided discussion in The Bledsoe Thread but they do it every day in many threads on our Phoenix Suns Forum.

They are all leaders and set the tone for discussion like they did here.

Congratulations To Our Phoenix Suns Moderators!

Next week, The General Off-Topic Board User of The Month will be unveiled. Will E Turco win for a third straight month or will another user dethrone him to become King of The GOTB? Let the speculation begin.

“Inside The Administrator's Office”

In the first edition of Mass Dispatch this past July, The Mass Matter was our General NBA Board Policy.

I made it clear that I wanted to have better communication about Appeals and The Policy in General.

While I will not be able to see how things have been communicated on the Strikes part until we get into the season, I can tell you right now that my efforts to show users EXACTLY how to appeal their Read-Only Access Status as for the most part been a dud.

For every good appeal, I get 4 bad ones that only say “Can I please have my posting rights back” or “Can I appeal My Read-Only Access” and of course, “How do I appeal”.

It's ridiculous and it shows one thing......

Users do not read The Policy

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1201431

It's all right there and only takes a few minutes to read. There is also a whole section on how to appeal with a link to Mass Dispatch 3.0. that gives some great tips on how to do it.
In no way am I trying to be an ass here. I simply am frustrated Users are not giving myself and The Committee better appeals and sadly, it is repeat Users who keep sending them without even looking at the guidelines.

This is why I will be unveiling tougher guidelines for Appeals next month.

It will be a subject for The Mass Matter and they will be designed to lessen the appeals of Users who do not take them seriously.

I regret having to do this as I am a progressive person but it's time to tighten so Users who are actually serious about making an Appeal are not kept waiting because of this who don't.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm

Thanks to everyone for continuing to make the RealGM Forums the best forums on the internet.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Re: Mass Dispatch 13.0.: Training Camp/New GB Appeals Rules. 

Post#2 » by Miklo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:02 am

Howard Mass wrote:Mass Dispatch User (s) of The Week

Our Users on our Phoenix Suns Forum

:clap: good to see - thanks for making it a great board, Suns posters!
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#3 » by Kerrsed » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:53 am

Its been an honor to serve you, our glorious leader!

The Suns board thanks you for creating and maintaining such a great place for us to host our discussions and to fulfill all our sports talk needs!

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,334

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:22 am

Very cool.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#5 » by Kyler Murray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:54 am

You should see our fantasy draft threads. :lol:

P.S. Congrats guys! :)
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#6 » by hermes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:17 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj1AesMfIf8[/youtube]
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,118

Post#7 » by Revived » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 am

We have the best mods on our board, one of the main reasons I like RealGM.
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#8 » by Boognish » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:30 am

All hail HOWARD MASS
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#9 » by blazza18 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 am

skaterdude robbed again :noway:
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,418

Post#10 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:29 pm

I guess I'll just stop asking questions then :( :( :(
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#11 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:54 am

Congrats Suns forum
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#12 » by SD2042 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Big ups to the Suns forum!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#13 » by Slava » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:53 pm

The main man Deep3CL schooling the whippersnappers on NFL picks.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#14 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Oct 1, 2014 2:42 am

Howie may have finally beaten me in pick em.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to Mass Dispatch