ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Re: OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2 

Post#181 » by frogfood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:14 pm

knicks94 wrote:
I have the right to my opinion. If you don't like what I post then don't read.

Please go away.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,967

Post#182 » by knicks94 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

frogfood wrote:
knicks94 wrote:

Please go away.

Why, because I give a different opinion about the WWE that isn't politically correct?
frogfood
Suspended

Post#183 » by frogfood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:27 pm

knicks94 wrote:
frogfood wrote:
knicks94 wrote:

Please go away.

Why, because I give a different opinion about the WWE that isn't politically correct?

It's not that it's the tired "it's not the way it used to be" rant which is news to no one here. We get it but people still enjoy the product and would like to discuss and criticize with regards to today, not yesterday. Just like your comment about "like hiphop, not what it used to be..." Ok, now what?

EDIT: It's like the people who fly in here, get on their soapbox, and proclaim "WWE ain't what it used to be! Stone Cold Steve Austin era was the best. I've CENA Nuff!", acting like it's a fresh take. The fact that you made the stale argument of old vs new hip hop is telling. You're that old raphead who is still talking about Rakim or the Wu, unable to enjoy all the good music that has come out since.
jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Post#184 » by jonny31623 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:31 pm

knicks94 wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:For those of you who believe Sting should have been with the WWE in the early 00's:

I am thankful that Sting waited until he was past his prime in order to step inside of a WWE ring, and that he prevented himself from being humiliated by Mcmoron and the higher ups at Titon Towers in the same way that every WCW wrestler was from 2001 and on.

Had Sting signed with the WWE at the time, he would have either been the Undertaker's jobber or treated as a laughing stock in a similar way as Shane Helms, DDP and Booker T were.

It was safe for Sting to join the WWE now for several reasons. One, he is at the end of his wrestling career and very few people see him as relevant now. Two, there is nobody on the WWE roster besides Cena who could overshadow anything that Sting has accomplished in his career. And third, Sting could say that he's been a part of every major promotion except for ECW.

dude.... can you just please

yea but cmon, its a wwe thread. we obviously all like it, why come in here with a negative attitude and trash it. you know you're not going to get a good response. you think your opinion will sway us all and say, o hey you're right wwe sucks lets stop watching because he said that.

its annoying to have people come in here from time to time and say, o wrestling is fake and trash and why do you guys still watch it. we watch it because we want to. if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#185 » by knicks94 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:39 pm

frogfood wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
frogfood wrote:
Please go away.

It's not that it's the tired "it's not the way it used to be" rant which is news to no one here. We get it but people still enjoy the product and would like to discuss and criticize with regards to today, not yesterday. Just like your comment about "like hiphop, not what it used to be..." Ok, now what?

EDIT: It's like the people who fly in here, get on their soapbox, and proclaim "WWE ain't what it used to be! Stone Cold Steve Austin era was the best. I've CENA Nuff!", acting like it's a fresh take. The fact that you made the stale argument of old vs new hip hop is telling. You're that old raphead who is still talking about Rakim or the Wu, unable to enjoy all the good music that has come out since.
My argument is that the product will continue to suffer as long as there are people who blindly accept it.It is not just a select few on the internet that believe that pro wrestling is unwatchabel now, it is also the millions of people who no longer follow the WWE and don't bother to order its network.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#186 » by knicks94 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 pm

jonny31623 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
jonny31623 wrote:

yea but cmon, its a wwe thread. we obviously all like it, why come in here with a negative attitude and trash it. you know you're not going to get a good response. you think your opinion will sway us all and say, o hey you're right wwe sucks lets stop watching because he said that.

its annoying to have people come in here from time to time and say, o wrestling is fake and trash and why do you guys still watch it. we watch it because we want to. if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.
It is called freedom of speech.If there is going to be a WWE thread then all opinions about it should be allowed.
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#187 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:51 pm

sting!

dusty rhodes.

only guys who wear makeup.

and they're both old as hell. i would love to see a young guy doing the mask stuff. (not kane/mankind masks)
frogfood
Suspended

Post#188 » by frogfood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:55 pm

HixNixKnicksTix wrote:sting!

dusty rhodes.

and they're both old as hell. i would love to see a young guy doing the mask stuff. (not kane/mankind masks)

[enter CM Punk fromthe stands in yellow facepaint, taking out HHH from behind]

J.R. "BUH GAWD who can that masked man be?"
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#189 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:02 pm

frogfood wrote:
HixNixKnicksTix wrote:sting!

dusty rhodes.

[enter CM Punk fromthe stands in yellow facepaint, taking out HHH from behind]

J.R. "BUH GAWD who can that masked man be?"

[creaming my pants]
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#190 » by ctorres » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:02 am

knicks94 wrote:
My argument is that the product will continue to suffer as long as there are people who blindly accept it.It is not just a select few on the internet that believe that pro wrestling is unwatchabel now, it is also the millions of people who no longer follow the WWE and don't bother to order its network.

As with anything in life, nothing's perfect.

There is a lot I don't love about the product, but there are plenty of things that I do enjoy about the product. As long as the product produces enough for me to enjoy, I'll continue following it. If the product ever got to the point where the negatives completely outweighed the positives, then I'd find something else to focus my time on.

I don't care for Cena too much, except for those rare occasions he cuts a really good promo or puts on an inspired match. My enjoyment of WWE doesn't revolve around Cena, but rather on all the other guys. I could rattle off over a dozen names from the top of my head of guys that I find truly entertaining to watch and give me enough of a reason to order the WWE Network and catch Raw and Smackdown on Hulu.

The ironic thing is that even when the product is bad, people spend even more time talking about it. It's the same with this forum. Posters are more active when the Knicks are in turmoil. Forums and Internet Communities thrive on misery. As The Authority would say, "they always win". :lol:

With regard to people "blindly accepting" the product, I don't think that's the case. Did the crowd "blindly accept" Daniel Bryan not being part of the Royal Rumble match this year? Whether it was a secret strategy all along by the powers that be to push Bryan, the company did not deny Bryan of his moment. The fans wanted it, so the company gave it to them.

Why do you think Dolph Ziggler got the push on Survivor Series last night? Ziggler is entertaining the crowds, the crowds are reacting to Ziggler, so the company is giving the crowd what they want. The crowd isn't telling the company that they necessarily want Ziggler as the #1 guy, but they are telling the company that they want him prominently featured.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,645

Post#191 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:29 am

Just bring back the blood. That's all I ask. F*ck the little kids.
Free Palestine
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#192 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 am

blood is so underrated.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#193 » by DowNY » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:21 am

poeman wrote:My thoughts:

-This PPV was extremely mediocre until the final event
-Looks like this is AJ Lee's last match with the WWE...She is probably bailing out to be with CM Punk, the WWE just trashed her out with that exit...Common sense people
-The final match was AWESOME, very excellent writing...Although I had strong gut feeling the writers were going to have a Ziggler vs Rollins ending. They gave us that and not only that once Cena got eliminated I had a strong feeling Ziggler was going to overcome the odds and get rid of Triple HHH and company.

The Stinger moment was EPIC, BUT MAHHHHHHHH GAWD does he look old...They should have face-painted all around his forehead, dude aged fast

Apparently not. Lol
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#194 » by ctorres » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:27 am

I can't believe how much I actually enjoy Erick Rowan as a very awkward babyface. He seems like a character who can entertain kids without being too corny for adults.
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,315

Post#195 » by Moose » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:32 am

jonny31623 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:For those of you who believe Sting should have been with the WWE in the early 00's:

I am thankful that Sting waited until he was past his prime in order to step inside of a WWE ring, and that he prevented himself from being humiliated by Mcmoron and the higher ups at Titon Towers in the same way that every WCW wrestler was from 2001 and on.

Had Sting signed with the WWE at the time, he would have either been the Undertaker's jobber or treated as a laughing stock in a similar way as Shane Helms, DDP and Booker T were.

It was safe for Sting to join the WWE now for several reasons. One, he is at the end of his wrestling career and very few people see him as relevant now. Two, there is nobody on the WWE roster besides Cena who could overshadow anything that Sting has accomplished in his career. And third, Sting could say that he's been a part of every major promotion except for ECW.

He is correct. No reason for the GIF.
H_20
RealGM
And1: 769

Post#196 » by H_20 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:30 pm

CM Punk finally talks on leaving WWE. This is great stuff guys.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ[/youtube]

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news ... The-Story/

CM Punk was a guest on Colt Cabana's podcast "Art Of Wrestling".

Below is a summary from Reddit and PWInsider regarding the actual podcast. The link to fully listen is here

Please remember to take into account this is one side of the story.

He left after the Royal Rumble mainly because of his health. He talked about working with broken ribs, a concussion and bad knees during his last months with the company. Punk was so sick during last November's European tour that he was throwing up and dry heaving every night after his matches. He had a fever for months and no appetite. WWE doctors gave him so many antibiotics that he had an accident in the ring on SmackDown, all while watching his paychecks shrink. He said it was the worst he's ever felt in his life.

He suffered a concussion early during the Royal Rumble match but still worked. He passed a concussion test the next day and called the testing "bull." WWE informed he passed but wanted him to run the ring ropes and evaluate him. Punk then demanded that they just decide he has a concussion and admitted that he had been trying to deny he was hurt and just tough it out.

Punk says that same day he was being pressured about taking a drug test and signing visas for future tours instead of listening to his requests for help because something was obviously wrong. Punk then told Vince McMahon and Triple H that he was going home. Punk says he told off Triple H about cutting off his momentum in 2011 and complained to Vince for stifling Punk's creativity. He says he told them both it was garbage how Daniel Bryan wasn't being considered for the WrestleMania XXX main event. Punk says he told them he didn't want to do this anymore and was done. Vince was in tears when he hugged Punk goodbye and told him he was family.

However, Punk was actually fired from WWE. After he left in January, he was told a few weeks later by Vince McMahon through text message that he was being suspended for two months. This was the day before Vince told WWE shareholders that Punk had taken a sabbatical. Punk heard from no one in WWE once the suspension was over and received termination papers for breach of contract on his wedding day in June.

Punk says he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. In the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk's not allowed to talk about the settlement. He said they are done and will never have a working relationship again. Punk says WWE wanted to issue a joint statement with him but he told them to "**** off." WWE was worried he would go to TNA but Punk's lawyer told WWE that he despises wrestling now and will never wrestle again.

He said wrestling Ryback took "20 years off his life" and described Ryback as "steroid guy."
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#197 » by kingquan316 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:47 pm

H_20 wrote:CM Punk finally talks on leaving WWE. This is great stuff guys.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ[/youtube]

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news ... The-Story/

CM Punk was a guest on Colt Cabana's podcast "Art Of Wrestling".

Below is a summary from Reddit and PWInsider regarding the actual podcast. The link to fully listen is here

Please remember to take into account this is one side of the story.

He left after the Royal Rumble mainly because of his health. He talked about working with broken ribs, a concussion and bad knees during his last months with the company. Punk was so sick during last November's European tour that he was throwing up and dry heaving every night after his matches. He had a fever for months and no appetite. WWE doctors gave him so many antibiotics that he had an accident in the ring on SmackDown, all while watching his paychecks shrink. He said it was the worst he's ever felt in his life.

He suffered a concussion early during the Royal Rumble match but still worked. He passed a concussion test the next day and called the testing "bull." WWE informed he passed but wanted him to run the ring ropes and evaluate him. Punk then demanded that they just decide he has a concussion and admitted that he had been trying to deny he was hurt and just tough it out.

Punk says that same day he was being pressured about taking a drug test and signing visas for future tours instead of listening to his requests for help because something was obviously wrong. Punk then told Vince McMahon and Triple H that he was going home. Punk says he told off Triple H about cutting off his momentum in 2011 and complained to Vince for stifling Punk's creativity. He says he told them both it was garbage how Daniel Bryan wasn't being considered for the WrestleMania XXX main event. Punk says he told them he didn't want to do this anymore and was done. Vince was in tears when he hugged Punk goodbye and told him he was family.

However, Punk was actually fired from WWE. After he left in January, he was told a few weeks later by Vince McMahon through text message that he was being suspended for two months. This was the day before Vince told WWE shareholders that Punk had taken a sabbatical. Punk heard from no one in WWE once the suspension was over and received termination papers for breach of contract on his wedding day in June.

Punk says he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. In the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk's not allowed to talk about the settlement. He said they are done and will never have a working relationship again. Punk says WWE wanted to issue a joint statement with him but he told them to "**** off." WWE was worried he would go to TNA but Punk's lawyer told WWE that he despises wrestling now and will never wrestle again.

He said wrestling Ryback took "20 years off his life" and described Ryback as "steroid guy."

I listen to it last nite. If what he said is true, man Vince and Triple H are douche bags. I hated how they pushed his character (that long title reign and he barely main evented a ppv, what a joke). He deserved that Mania 29 main event also, no one cared about Rock-Cena 2, I hated that main event. Him losing to Triple H was so dumb. This company needs to listen to the damn fans more, cause I'm telling you if Roman Reigns doesn't improve his **** they are going to crap over him and want Ambrose, Dolph or Bryan to win the rumble (should he return at the rumble). I still love wrestling, but I call it how it is, and Vince has lost touch with the audience, and although I think Triple H will be an improvement over old Vince, I don't trust him to listening to the fans and doing what he would say "best for business."

My favorite part of the interview was Punk asking Ryback after injuring him the 2nd time that he was either hurting him on purpose or he was just stupid, and Punk said he answered "I'm just stupid." :lol:
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#198 » by Fury » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Vince and HHH sound exactly how we expect them too. It's hilarious
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,066

Post#199 » by Jeffrey » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Almost every comment that he made... I think a lot of fans that closely watch the industry and have heard whispers seems true.

Creative has no effing idea what they are doing except for John Cena.

Medical staff is a typical shill for WWE that thinks what is best for the company not the well-beings of the wrestlers who is THE PRODUCT. Come on, staph infection is no effing joke.

We've all heard about Ryback and his sloppiness.. now that is coming out from a great in-ring worker. The comment when he told Ryback, you are either a dumbass or intentionally hurting me. Ryback answers, "I'm a dumbass"

Daniel Bryan should've been getting a huge push for WM as well as Punk a few years ago when they had HUGEEEEE MOMENTUM.

Then the business side of wrestling where he talked about not really wanting to be a heel because he will lose half of his merch sales but did it for Vince anyway. That was

Had ideas for sponsors on shorts but Vince turned it down. A year later, Brock comes with sponsors. Had the shield idea with Rollins Ambrose and Chris Hero.

A lot of good stuff he said. It will be dissected and analyze by the very unahppy WWE universe.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#200 » by wolfv » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:57 pm

The McMahon's are scum. They always have been and everyone in the world knows that. The product is brutal now so it's harder to turn a blind eye to it all

Return to New York Knicks