ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Re: OT: The WWE Thread - Part 2 

Post#1801 » by jonny31623 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Roman saying he respects that dude and he wants a shot at him if he beats seth tells me roman isnt turning heel anytime soon.

i can see him running something with jericho, maybe he can put him over. altho the crowd seems to like jericho better has a heel.

roman will never get over with the crowd it seems. i really dont know why vince doesnt turn him heel. it makes no sense to keep him as a face. but vince's motto has always been, as long as you are getting some type of reaction, you are an attraction.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1802 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Jellybeans wrote:WWE doenst learn...They allready pushing Finn....

About freaking time they do something outside the box. Having that boring stiff that nobody cares about in Reigns would have continued the demise of Raw. Setting up Finn vs Rollins was the right thing to do and it actually wants to make you tune to SummerSlam. I hope they bury Reigns to the low midcard where he belongs. He is awful.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,431

Post#1803 » by JXL » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:39 pm

I need to see Owens in a big time role. He has the solid tools to make a run with a championship. Only reason he didn't have a long IC title run is because the contenders weren't up to par with him. His Zayn feud was great cause he made it work with Zayn. He needs a good title run.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,588

Post#1804 » by Meat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Jellybeans wrote:WWE doenst learn...They allready pushing Finn....

learn what? he's already known to be a championship level wrestler to most wwe fans
Trav_NYK
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#1805 » by Trav_NYK » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:26 pm

That was the best RAW in a long time!

I like that instead of bringing the world championship back they are introducing a new title belt, the WWE Universal Champion has a nice ring to it, it's almost like a tv title, pretty cool.

Sasha winning the women's championship was awesome and rightfully deserved. Her and Charolette's fued seems like it'll be good for Summerslam.

Finn's debut was awesome and I will admit that I'm not the biggest fan of him, but he did a great job. That was the first time that he actually made his finisher look like it really hurts, rusev and roman sold it well.

I was very shocked that they had him beat Roman, thats the third time in a row that Roman has been beat clean. They need to make him heel already! I look forward to that title match with Rollins and Finn at Summerslam. I expect the crowd to be going crazy when Finn does his entrance.

Exciting time to be a WWE fan!
"This is Me7o"
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1806 » by Polk377 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Best Raw in a very long time. I love the fact that they made Balor an instant star in one night. He is a high level performer who will put on a great match with Rollins at Summerslam. He will be the underdog in most matches due to his size and they really threw him around out there last night. He will thrive with better wrestlers on the main roster and that entrance at Summerslam will be incredible.

Best match of the night was easily Sasha vs Charlotte. They put on a match of the year quality performance and brought life back into the Women's Division. Sasha will be a great champion and I am so happy for her. I loved how she paid tribute to Eddie Guerrero by throwing the belt to Dana Brooke and pretending she was going to hit her with it. They need to build the other women up and eventually bring Bayley into the fold.

Everything from the new commentators position to pre and post match interviews to the new announce team was good. Corey Graves joining the crew with Cole and Saxton was great. It is amazing how much better commentary is when the announcers aren't bickering with each other from start to finish.

Smackdown will have a tough act to follow tonight and need to put something new out there. I am hoping for a NJPW tournament style setup.
BeagleBoss
General Manager

Post#1807 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:29 pm

I wonder who is going to challenge Dean for the title. I hope it's AJ Styles but he's still feuding with that goof Cena. Maybe Bray?
jonny31623
Senior
And1: 183

Post#1808 » by jonny31623 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:46 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I wonder who is going to challenge Dean for the title. I hope it's AJ Styles but he's still feuding with that goof Cena. Maybe Bray?

it 100% should definately be bray.

he has superstar written alllll over him. he needs that push. and smackdown will reap the benefits if they give him that push.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,588

Post#1809 » by Meat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:48 pm

the braun v math teacher was amazingly amazing
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1810 » by DowNY » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:37 pm

I want Bray to look like a monster from here on out.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1811 » by DowNY » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/njpwandchill/status/757932221550452737[/tweet]
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1812 » by DowNY » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:35 pm

JXL wrote:I need to see Owens in a big time role. He has the solid tools to make a run with a championship. Only reason he didn't have a long IC title run is because the contenders weren't up to par with him. His Zayn feud was great cause he made it work with Zayn. He needs a good title run.

Supposedly the plan is for one more Sami vs. KO match at Summerslam.
Maybe a loser leaves Raw match.
Would make sense.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#1813 » by PeoplesChamp » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:13 pm

Great RAW. Haven't been able to say that in a very long time. Loved the Women's title bout. Charlotte's moonsault to the outside was sick. Banks damn near breaking herself in half was just as sick and I loved the crowd giving it up for Sasha at the end. They're definitely trying out some new ideas with the production from the camera angles to the interviews pre and post match. I'd love to see them bring back the 80's style promos too. Finn Balor dances around like a stripper during his entrance. It's hilarious. Seth is definitely winning at Summerslam. Will probably be a bunch of near falls by Balor, though. Why isn't Cesaro a main eventer? Reigns is boring. He might be a boring heel too. I'm curious to see what Smackdown does.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#1814 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:56 am

Raw will be so much better if it was 2 hrs. So much better.

Im stunned they have been running it 3 hrs for several yrs now. Thought that would last a year tops.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1815 » by DowNY » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:07 am

They're really rebuilding Ziggler. I still can't believe it. I'm speechless. I'm a big Ziggler supporter but even I counted him out the main event scene. Wow.
Pleasantly surprised.
Bray will get his time. I ain't even mad.

I suspect Ziggler goes heel at Summerslam. This feud has potential.

Can't believe they let him win with the Sweet Chin music. Lol. I used to tell people he got HBK in him years ago but damn.

Smackdown itself was underwhelming compared to Raw but it showed potential. It's going to be a slower process for them. They have to realize that they have to capture more stuff within 2 hours. Should be easier for them but they're making it difficult for themselves for some reason.

Also, shoutout to that Shelton Benjamin return promo. I love it.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1816 » by DowNY » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:13 am

BeagleBoss
General Manager

Post#1817 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:25 am

I'm OK with Zigler but he needs to turn heel and get a new theme.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#1818 » by kingquan316 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:13 am

Smackdown was average. The show has some things it really needs to work on. Why are their women on this show, when they don't have the women's title on it? They should make the women's division exclusive only on one show. The smack down females are basically fighting for nothing. And they shouldn't make another women's title on smack down, there isn't enough depth to make it work. Smackdown should either have the women's division, or the cruiserweight division exclusive on their show, but they don't have either. I don't know, when I see both shows, smack down needs a direction and something that makes it different, but also better than Raw on something, and I can't pin point anything that makes that show different and better than Raw.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#1819 » by DowNY » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:20 am

kingquan316 wrote:Smackdown was average. The show has some things it really needs to work on. Why are their women on this show, when they don't have the women's title on it? They should make the women's division exclusive only on one show. The smack down females are basically fighting for nothing. And they shouldn't make another women's title on smack down, there isn't enough depth to make it work. Smackdown should either have the women's division, or the cruiserweight division exclusive on their show, but they don't have either. I don't know, when I see both shows, smack down needs a direction and something that makes it different, but also better than Raw on something, and I can't pin point anything that makes that show different and better than Raw.

Women needs to be on both shows. There's a demographic that enjoys seeing women when they attend these events. A demographic that loves seeing women fighting to change up the energy of seeing only dudes. People wanna see different type of women. Different flavors.
Never were women exclusive to 1 brand or the other.
There's not enough time for all the women on 1 brand either. It would make no sense. 3/4 of the women roster would be wasted on Raw between US title storyline, tag team storylines, personal storylines , cruiserweight storylines & main event storylines.
They just had a combined women roster & a lot of them were getting treated like non existent bodies. Women like Paige, Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Foxy, Becky Lynch, Asuka, Bayley, all need to get seen. Majority of them at least. Being on 1 roster battling for time with Sasha, Charlotte, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax would be a task. In the past month, the only other women storyline besides the Sasha vs. Charlotte/Dana was the Natalya vs. Becky. That pointless feud. How fair is that to the other women?

Now you can at the very least get 2 women storylines on Raw. 2 on Smackdown. More chances for more women.

There's going to be another women's title, we all know it. The rumor is Nikki Bella will be joining Smackdown (to be close to Cena) & Bayley will be on Smackdown to not overshadow the talents already on Raw. 2 major names right there. Another women's belt makes perfect sense. Just needs patience.

Weren't much matches tonight , thus why they finished about 3 minutes early & had to kill time at the end awkwardly.
Next week, they need to start creating additional women storylines. Have 2 programs for women running.
Run at least 1 tag match.
IC title hunting for a few guys vs. the Miz.
Returning talent & more segments like the Heath Slater joint.
Add the fact that now the wrestlers that lost in the 6man match have to break off into their own separate programs, you fill out your 2 hours just like that.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#1820 » by kingquan316 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:44 am

DowNY wrote:
kingquan316 wrote:Smackdown was average. The show has some things it really needs to work on. Why are their women on this show, when they don't have the women's title on it? They should make the women's division exclusive only on one show. The smack down females are basically fighting for nothing. And they shouldn't make another women's title on smack down, there isn't enough depth to make it work. Smackdown should either have the women's division, or the cruiserweight division exclusive on their show, but they don't have either. I don't know, when I see both shows, smack down needs a direction and something that makes it different, but also better than Raw on something, and I can't pin point anything that makes that show different and better than Raw.

Women needs to be on both shows. There's a demographic that enjoys seeing women when they attend these events. A demographic that loves seeing women fighting to change up the energy of seeing only dudes. People wanna see different type of women. Different flavors.
Never were women exclusive to 1 brand or the other.
There's not enough time for all the women on 1 brand either. It would make no sense. 3/4 of the women roster would be wasted on Raw between US title storyline, tag team storylines, personal storylines , cruiserweight storylines & main event storylines.
They just had a combined women roster & a lot of them were getting treated like non existent bodies. Women like Paige, Naomi, Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Foxy, Becky Lynch, Asuka, Bayley, all need to get seen. Majority of them at least. Being on 1 roster battling for time with Sasha, Charlotte, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax would be a task. In the past month, the only other women storyline besides the Sasha vs. Charlotte/Dana was the Natalya vs. Becky. That pointless feud. How fair is that to the other women?

Now you can at the very least get 2 women storylines on Raw. 2 on Smackdown. More chances for more women.

There's going to be another women's title, we all know it. The rumor is Nikki Bella will be joining Smackdown (to be close to Cena) & Bayley will be on Smackdown to not overshadow the talents already on Raw. 2 major names right there. Another women's belt makes perfect sense. Just needs patience.

Weren't much matches tonight , thus why they finished about 3 minutes early & had to kill time at the end awkwardly.
Next week, they need to start creating additional women storylines. Have 2 programs for women running.
Run at least 1 tag match.
IC title hunting for a few guys vs. the Miz.
Returning talent & more segments like the Heath Slater joint.
Add the fact that now the wrestlers that lost in the 6man match have to break off into their own separate programs, you fill out your 2 hours just like that.

I appreciate u having optimism with the women's division, but again the main thing is what is gonna make Smackdown different or better compared to Raw? There isn't a single thing that I can say I prefer Smackdown in than to Raw. At least make it look different with the way they present the show, and again changing the color to blue ain't enough. The set is still kind of Raw'ish even with them changing it. Smackdown has young talent, but the Raw show has the superior young talent compared to Smackdown. Raw clearly has the better Women's division right now compared to the awkward presentation of Smackdown's Women's division tonight. Cruiserweight's is a pretty neat idea, but it's exclusive to Raw, Smackdown doesn't have that. Tag division I gotta give it to Raw also, they have the two most over tag teams in the company right now in New Day, and Enzo and Cass, plus they have a good heel tag team in Gallows and Anderson. Smackdown has American Alpha, and…..? After thinking about it, the only thing Smackdown has that is different or attempting to be different compared to Raw is them bringing back old established stars from the past with Rhyno and the video package of Shelton Benjamin. A fat Rhyno and a 40 plus year old Benjamin isn't something that I am that excited about. Only old guy I would be interested in coming back is Kurt freaking Angle, that's it. These mid card old guys I don't care about, and I honestly don't' think today's fan base really cares about it either. I really hope Smackdown doesn't become like the "veteran" wrestling show, with Cena, Orton, and a bunch of stars from the past.

It's only one week, so I'm not gonna say it's unfixable, I will give it some time to see what they come up with. I love AJ Styles (Bullet Club 4 life), and Bray Wyatt, so I hope those two are a major part of the main event scene on that show. I just wasn't that please or impress with what they came up with, I was basically ready to turn the show off after seeing fat Rhyno goring Heath Slater. Like really?? This is what u came up with on the your first live Smackdown? It was the same feeling I had watching a freaking zombie on the debut episode of Wwe's ECW. Just feels like a bad omen. Again I hope I'm wrong, I love wrestling, and want it to do good even with criticism.

I'll end it with a positive note. Raw was the $hit. Great great great show.

Return to New York Knicks