ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA League Pass

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

30andoverclub
Sophomore
And1: 112

Re: NBA League Pass 

Post#21 » by 30andoverclub » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:09 pm

Ballstreams is only in its second year, but Hockeystreams is in its sixth or seventh year and is done by the same team.

That said, here are some advantages of Ballsteams over NBA League Pass:

1. Price: Ballstreams is $100 for the year, but that's really for 365 days. You can suspend your account between the end of one season and the start of the next and carry over close to four and a half months of service for the next year.
2. Devices: One price on Ballstreams brings compatibility for TV (via Roku or a video game console for example), laptops, tablets, and phones.
3. Blackouts: Simply put, there are no blackouts with Ballstreams. NBA League Pass blacks out local games and national games on ESPN, TNT, ABC, and, depending on your package, NBA TV as well.
4. Non-regular season games: NBA League Pass charges an additional fee for summer league and pre-season (I believe). Ballstreams does not. NBA League Pass also doesn't offer coverage of the NBA Playoffs or the All Star weekend. Ballstreams does.
5. Stream quality: At least on the Roku, Ballstreams is HD while NBA League Pass is sub-HD. I believe some cable packages also show everything but NBA TV in sub-HD as well.

The one big detriment of Ballstreams tends to be the lack of pre-game, half-time, and post-game coverage, though this may vary from team to team. Also, I don't think they have NBA TV running all the time, just the games. So, no fantasy shows either. I could be wrong here, though.

P.S. You can see by my join date and post count that I post VERY infrequently. So, for me to take the time to post about Ballstreams, you can tell that I believe in its quality. Truth be told, it shames NBA League Pass hard.
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#22 » by Houston99 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Houston99 wrote:ok guys here is my situation. i have a tv but no cable. i watch my tv through netfilix,hbogo,and hulu plus. i was wondering what would be cheapest way i could nba league pass without having cable.

How do you stream it? AppleTV?

i use wifi to watch all my hbogo,netflix.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#23 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 12:23 am

Edit
Zooropa
Veteran
And1: 1,881

Post#24 » by Zooropa » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:14 am

30andoverclub wrote:The one big detriment of Ballstreams tends to be the lack of pre-game, half-time, and post-game coverage, though this may vary from team to team. Also, I don't think they have NBA TV running all the time, just the games. So, no fantasy shows either. I could be wrong here, though.

This is my first year using Ballstreams, but all of the archived games I've checked out have a decent portion of the pre game, all of halftime, and varying amounts of post game. I had league pass last year and it had absolutely no coverage other than the games themselves.
"The Jeff Hornacek Experience"
mamadontcry
Senior
And1: 342

Post#25 » by mamadontcry » Thu Oct 9, 2014 9:29 am

I signed yesterday to Nba League Pass Premium using Uruguay as my proxy. My normal account was 140 dollars more !
It works perfectly.
#Phil The Master
E-Ratic Madman
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#26 » by E-Ratic Madman » Thu Oct 9, 2014 4:51 pm

Does it work on ps4?
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#27 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Thu Oct 9, 2014 5:31 pm

So pissed... lol. I tried watching yesterday's game on LP. Firstly it was Knicks vs Bucks, which should've been my first clue... Then I realized it was for late in October.... Yeah they only had last years stuff available... allegedly. They only had the 5 minute recap. (neither the game, nor the 15-20 minute recap were available)

While I was watching the recap I saw the B Knight injury, then I saw Tyson... I'm hoping to get rid of LP the same way. What a useless waste of money LP is.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#28 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:00 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:So pissed... lol. I tried watching yesterday's game on LP. Firstly it was Knicks vs Bucks, which should've been my first clue... Then I realized it was for late in October.... Yeah they only had last years stuff available... allegedly. They only had the 5 minute recap. (neither the game, nor the 15-20 minute recap were available)

While I was watching the recap I saw the B Knight injury, then I saw Tyson... I'm hoping to get rid of LP the same way. What a useless waste of money LP is.

huh? Broadband? Im pretty sure it doesnt start digitally until the regular season. See http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/link/p ... SS-Digital
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#29 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:42 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Anotha Knicks fan wrote:So pissed... lol. I tried watching yesterday's game on LP. Firstly it was Knicks vs Bucks, which should've been my first clue... Then I realized it was for late in October.... Yeah they only had last years stuff available... allegedly. They only had the 5 minute recap. (neither the game, nor the 15-20 minute recap were available)

huh? Broadband? Im pretty sure it doesnt start digitally until the regular season. See http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/link/p ... SS-Digital

I didn't even look to see if it started yet or not. Just saw the charge, and I assumed they started broadcasting. :banghead:
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,053

Post#30 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:47 am

Does anyone know if you can stream on different devices simultaneously with Ballstreams?
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#31 » by kane2021 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 am

I just ordered ballstreams for the year. Im taking the chance.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:23 am

Ballstreams has NOTHING on lp.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using RealGM Forums mobile app

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,053

Post#33 » by GONYK » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:02 am

kane2021 wrote:Ballstreams has NOTHING on lp.

Can you elaborate? I was thinking of picking it up too.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,608

Post#34 » by youngthegiant » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:54 am

kane2021 wrote:Ballstreams has NOTHING on lp.

Yes elaborate. I'm tempted to try it out.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:37 am

Ballstreams is more like having a exclusive connection to first row than a lp competitor. I have had lp few times and it's reliable and looks good. Ballstreams is not. Especially in hd. Hd has a nice picture. Not better than lp. But close. The problem is it freezes. Lags. You got to refresh it sometimes. If you put it in low quality it runs a little better but looks like an average free stream.

It's just like I said. A step up from free. Like exclusive access to the most reliable free connection. So you don't got to jump around searching for the best stream. With this you get it. And might be able to run it in "hd" for a bit.

My guess is that it's they have gotten popular and their servers are getting stressed. Or maybe it's still pre season and their best contributors (seeds) are not streaming.

With lp you have a guaranteed quality, reliable connection to the game.

Ballstreams is not in the same league. If I could do it again I would buy lp. If ballstreams also streamed other sports like fights, with the subscription then I would be ecstatic. I'd you ever wished you could pay front row for an exclusive connection, here it is.

PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#36 » by PaulieWal » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:10 am

kane2021 wrote:Ballstreams is more like having a exclusive connection to first row than a lp competitor. I have had lp few times and it's reliable and looks good. Ballstreams is not. Especially in hd. Hd has a nice picture. Not better than lp. But close. The problem is it freezes. Lags. You got to refresh it sometimes. If you put it in low quality it runs a little better but looks like an average free stream.

It's just like I said. A step up from free. Like exclusive access to the most reliable free connection. So you don't got to jump around searching for the best stream. With this you get it. And might be able to run it in "hd" for a bit.

My guess is that it's they have gotten popular and their servers are getting stressed. Or maybe it's still pre season and their best contributors (seeds) are not streaming.

Ballstreams is not in the same league. If I could do it again I would buy lp. If ballstreams also streamed other sports like fights, with the subscription then I would be ecstatic. I'd you ever wished you could pay front row for an exclusive connection, here it is.

You might want to try a different server to get the smoothest possible connection. Some people on the Raps forum had the same problem but were able to get nice HD streams after changing their server location. The best part about Ballstreams IMO is the absolutely no blackouts. I froze my account until the October 15th but I checked out some of their archived games and the quality was pretty much HD.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:26 am

PaulieWal wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Ballstreams is more like having a exclusive connection to first row than a lp competitor. I have had lp few times and it's reliable and looks good. Ballstreams is not. Especially in hd. Hd has a nice picture. Not better than lp. But close. The problem is it freezes. Lags. You got to refresh it sometimes. If you put it in low quality it runs a little better but looks like an average free stream.

You might want to try a different server to get the smoothest possible connection. Some people on the Raps forum had the same problem but were able to get nice HD streams after changing their server location. The best part about Ballstreams IMO is the absolutely no blackouts. I froze my account until the October 15th but I checked out some of their archived games and the quality was pretty much HD.

I did that. Changing the server. Again. Something you don't need to do with lp but need to with free streams. Does it help? For a little while. The archived games are going to run better because it's not a live feed with leaches dragging it down.

League pass broadband is nearly 100% reliable. No need to refresh. Or change links. And it gives a better picture.

Ballstreams runs much better in low quality with less freezes but don't look better than a free stream.

Lp ran on all my machines with no problems or tinkering needed. I have had to make adjustments to my machines to run ballstreams to lessen the lag and freezing. As suggested in the help section. Makes me wonder what free streams play like now after these adjustments.

It's a alternative to free streams but it's not on lp level. It's a premium link to front row or sopcasts without all the other sports.

I bought it because people made it sound like it was as good or better than lp. I don't think those people could or wanted to buy lp. I should know better than trust internet reviews. I don't think I will regret getting it now that its done but I could have gotten by without it. Or bought lp like I have few times in the past and have no worries.

rhines4
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#38 » by rhines4 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:52 pm

How long does it usually take for Ballstreams to send an invite???
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#39 » by PaulieWal » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:03 pm

kane2021 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

I did that. Changing the server. Again. Something you don't need to do with lp but need to with free streams. Does it help? For a little while. The archived games are going to run better because it's not a live feed with leaches dragging it down.

League pass broadband is nearly 100% reliable. No need to refresh. Or change links. And it gives a better picture.

Ballstreams runs much better in low quality with less freezes but don't look better than a free stream.

Lp ran on all my machines with no problems or tinkering needed. I have had to make adjustments to my machines to run ballstreams to lessen the lag and freezing. As suggested in the help section. Makes me wonder what free streams play like now after these adjustments.

It's a alternative to free streams but it's not on lp level. It's a premium link to front row or sopcasts without all the other sports.

I bought it because people made it sound like it was as good or better than lp. I don't think those people could or wanted to buy lp. I should know better than trust internet reviews. I don't think I will regret getting it now that its done but I could have gotten by without it. Or bought lp like I have few times in the past and have no worries.

I see.

I am going to reserve judgement until the season actually starts and then see how good or bad it is. I still have faith because almost everyone on the Raps forum who tried it has good things to say about it including the quality of it (most think it's comparable or even better). Of course, as you said you gotta try it for yourself and not go by people's word online only. Worst case scenario it is as bad as you think it is, it's still only $90 for the year and you are getting decent streams without any ads or annoying pop-ups like first row and no worries about blackouts or anything. I am optimistic but we will see. I will check into this thread again after the first RS game :).
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
bpchamp23
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#40 » by bpchamp23 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Do you know if League Pass on NBA.com has on-demand games? I hear they do -- but it takes a couple of days for it to post. With Ballstreams -- it's up within an hour. Plus, if you miss the first hour of a game, you can always go to the DVR tab and play from the beginning and catch up to the live stream eventually. My week trial of Ballstreams ends today. I haven't had any problems with streaming except for Saturday night for a few hours of various preseason games. I think they are trying to figure out how to run these streams with a lot more people signed up this second year. Very impressed by the HD quality. It's awesome.

Return to New York Knicks