ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA League Pass

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Re: NBA League Pass 

Post#41 » by kane2021 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:26 pm

bpchamp23 wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Ballstreams is more like having a exclusive connection to first row than a lp competitor. I have had lp few times and it's reliable and looks good. Ballstreams is not. Especially in hd. Hd has a nice picture. Not better than lp. But close. The problem is it freezes. Lags. You got to refresh it sometimes. If you put it in low quality it runs a little better but looks like an average free stream.

It's just like I said. A step up from free. Like exclusive access to the most reliable free connection. So you don't got to jump around searching for the best stream. With this you get it. And might be able to run it in "hd" for a bit.

My guess is that it's they have gotten popular and their servers are getting stressed. Or maybe it's still pre season and their best contributors (seeds) are not streaming.

With lp you have a guaranteed quality, reliable connection to the game.

Ballstreams is not in the same league. If I could do it again I would buy lp. If ballstreams also streamed other sports like fights, with the subscription then I would be ecstatic. I'd you ever wished you could pay front row for an exclusive connection, here it is.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using RealGM Forums mobile app

Do you know if League Pass on NBA.com has on-demand games? I hear they do -- but it takes a couple of days for it to post. With Ballstreams -- it's up within an hour. Plus, if you miss the first hour of a game, you can always go to the DVR tab and play from the beginning and catch up to the live stream eventually. My week trial of Ballstreams ends today. I haven't had any problems with streaming except for Saturday night for a few hours of various preseason games. I think they are trying to figure out how to run these streams with a lot more people signed up this second year. Very impressed by the HD quality. It's awesome.

LP broadband has archived games. I dont know how long they take to be uploaded. But I recall re watching knick games out of boredom the next day when I wake up. I could swear I rewatched them that same night. But I cant say for sure.

Im a little old school I guess. If I missed the first half then so be it. I rather watch the second half live. Something about live sports. I have to watch the game live. DVR is a handy feature but its not something I use. I rather yell at what or who ever is distracting me than pause a live game.

So for me thats a feature I could live without. What I want and need is a stream that is steady, reliable, good quality picture. LP broadband give you that. And its right out of the box. No need to adjust your computer. And it dont weigh your computer down.

With ballstreams the first thing I had to do was tweak my computer to keep the whole machine from crashing while using ballstreams. Mind you, that same computer has no issues running LP, youtube, espn nba.com vids etc.

And for me the biggest disappointment is that the stream is not 100% reliable. Thats where people comparing it to LP are misleading others. Or just never bought LP and dont know how reliable it really is. With ballstreams you still need to refresh from time to time. You need to change the server you are connected to from time to time. You need to lower the quality often just to keep up.

The lower quality is more reliable. But it looks just like a good free stream. I call it bunny ears. Like in the 80's where you can just make out the game. But cant really see details very well.

Ballstreams just dont compare to LP broadband. Even for the moments where I get a good so called HD connection for 5 minutes the quality is not like LP.

I have bought LP more than 3 times in the past few years. Im just giving an honest opinion of this. If your someone like me, that is willing to pay for LP, and are looking to save a few bucks and get some more games, you might be very disappointed. I dont see how people have said its just as good or better. Unless they just have never bought LP.

If you are someone who is sick of front row or sop cast type free streams. Sick of constantly refreshing, searching for a better link. Getting booted off a stream. Settling for a stream in a different language just to get a decent game to watch. Then ballstreams is perfect if you are willing to pay, to have to do that stuff "less". After you tweak your computer.

The reason I bought it was because of the "its as good or better" reviews. There is no way that is an honest statement from someone who has the option of buying either or. Hands down I would pay for LP next time and use free streams on blackouts.

It would be a very different story if it gave me the same type of access to all sporting events.

Another thing. People are worried it will get shut down. I was aware of that risk when I bought it and would live with it, if it happened. However. Im not worried about them being shut down as much as im worried about their new popularity overwhelming their servers making their service even more unreliable. And thats exactly what I think is happening. Because I have noticed a lot of people saying it was better last year. And are hoping this is just a pre season thing.

Im not saying not to buy it. Im just giving an honest opinion. The reviews are not accurate. If you want a reliable steam that dont need your constant attention buy LP.

If you want exclusive (more reliable) access to the best free basketball streams on the internet, along with DVR and archives, buy ballstreams.

Thats about as simple and honest as I can put it. Dont be like me, and fork over 100 dollars because a bunch of people on forums said its as good or better than LP. And the sample looked good.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
jibba jones
Junior
And1: 115

Post#42 » by jibba jones » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Are all the League Pass games in HD?

When I purchase the Comcast League Pass do I get the internet access as well? I.e. web browser viewings, XBOX, playstation apps, etc?
bela lugosi is dead
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,488

Post#43 » by Fat Kat » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:35 pm

jibba jones wrote:Are all the League Pass games in HD?

When I purchase the Comcast League Pass do I get the internet access as well? I.e. web browser viewings, XBOX, playstation apps, etc?

I have Uverse and all of the games are now HD. You also have access to all of the broadband services.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#44 » by Fat Kat » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:34 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/insidehoops/status/610933761564213248[/tweet]
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#45 » by J9Starks3 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:33 am

Fat Kat wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/insidehoops/status/610933761564213248[/tweet]

If I buy a single team pass, itll probably still be subject to blackouts, which is just annoying.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#46 » by Fat Kat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:50 am

J9Starks3 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/insidehoops/status/610933761564213248[/tweet]

If I buy a single team pass, itll probably still be subject to blackouts, which is just annoying.

If your in the NY area. Probably.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#47 » by ctorres » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:52 am

I wonder how much a single game would cost. $2.99 maybe?
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#48 » by J9Starks3 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:11 pm

ctorres wrote:I wonder how much a single game would cost. $2.99 maybe?

Well a full on LP subscription is like $250/yr right. You have to assume a single team LP would be at most half of that...say $125... which comes out to $1.50/game...they'll charge more for individual games... so anywhere from 1.99 (if they want to go for volume) to 2.99 (if they want to go for margin) seems to make sense.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#49 » by NYKAL » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:03 pm

bpchamp23 wrote:Does anyone here have experience with watching games online? I'm trying to decide if I should go with the satellite league pass or NBA.com league pass. Main questions about watching online: How is the quality? When are replays posted? And, say if I get home an hour after a Knicks game starts -- am I able to play the game from the beginning and catch up live eventually? Thanks guys.

sometimes the online feeds drop and you'll miss it as a result.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#50 » by NYKAL » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:04 pm

J9Starks3 wrote:
ctorres wrote:I wonder how much a single game would cost. $2.99 maybe?

Well a full on LP subscription is like $250/yr right. You have to assume a single team LP would be at most half of that...say $125... which comes out to $1.50/game...they'll charge more for individual games... so anywhere from 1.99 (if they want to go for volume) to 2.99 (if they want to go for margin) seems to make sense.

Mine is/was $175. DirecTV gives a discount to repeat customers. Its also cheaper if you register early (early bird special)
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#51 » by King of Canada » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:29 pm

J9Starks3 wrote:

Sweet . I only have time for one team.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365