ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo will have a career year in assists

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Melo will have a career year in assists 

Post#1 » by NYKat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:26 pm

...I made this exact same prediction last year in preseason and it didn't happen but hearing him make comments like this and watching him operate in the first two games makes me almost positive this is the year it happens, Melo is truly buying in...

Anthony has moved the ball well, though sometimes teammates are not expecting the pass, perhaps because of his history.
“They don’t know where the ball is coming from,’’ Anthony said. “You got to be alert. If you don’t have something in 1 1/2 seconds, the ball is out. No holding. It’s a lot of ball movement — got to be ready for it.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/carmelo-pu ... den-crowd/
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Re: Melo will have a career year in assists 

Post#2 » by 21 Hussle » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:49 pm

OMG why can't he shut up for once!!

Had to get that out the way. Anywho I think so too. Though its preseason it seems like he's making more of an effort in getting his teammates accumulated before trying to get his. But with that its all about finding the right balance. He has to know when its the right time to strike just like Kobe and Jordan, big shoes to fill but I think he can handle it.
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,732

Post#3 » by JBreezeNY » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:24 pm

I don't know where this "Buying In" talk is coming from. He's been a willing passer since High School, he just had to fit into a scorer role because his teammates were garbage.

He averaged 4 assists in the 2009 Playoffs when he had semi-help from Billups.

I don't even know how he averaged 4 assists in the first round sweep against Boston in 2011.

The only thing he really has to adapt to, is giving the ball to players who suck and continue giving them the ball. Jordan had Scottie so he was gucci, Kobe had Shaq, Gasol, Bynum & Odom so he was gucci as well.
NYKat
RealGM

Post#4 » by NYKat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:27 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:I don't know where this "Buying In" talk is coming from. He's been a willing passer since High School, he just had to fit into a scorer role because his teammates were garbage.

the players who make their teammates better don't have the mentality that "my teammates suck so I'll take all the shots"--

Melo is slowly starting to realize that
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#5 » by moocow007 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Orange21 wrote:OMG why can't he shut up for once!!

Had to get that out the way. Anywho I think so too. Though its preseason it seems like he's making more of an effort in getting his teammates accumulated before trying to get his. But with that its all about finding the right balance. He has to know when its the right time to strike just like Kobe and Jordan, big shoes to fill but I think he can handle it.

He's talking about the opposing team when he refers to "they" (In "they don't know where it's coming from")...not his teammates.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,732

Post#6 » by JBreezeNY » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:47 pm

NYKat wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:I don't know where this "Buying In" talk is coming from. He's been a willing passer since High School, he just had to fit into a scorer role because his teammates were garbage.

the players who make their teammates better don't have the mentality that "my teammates suck so I'll take all the shots"--

If I got Kendrick Perkins as my starting Center & Richard Jefferson in my starting lineup, I am not making them better.

They suck.

Same here with Melo, he can't drag a horse to water & be like drink that sh*t bitch.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,027

Post#7 » by blueNorange » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:50 pm

idc about MELO getting assists, it's easy getting an assist

what I want is the ball not sticking
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,451

Post#8 » by ibraheim718 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:52 pm

You also made this prediction in the off season. You'll also make this prediction next off season and the off season after that.
NYKat
RealGM

Post#9 » by NYKat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:54 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
NYKat wrote:

If I got Kendrick Perkins as my starting Center & Richard Jefferson in my starting lineup, I am not making them better.

They suck.

Same here with Melo, he can't drag a horse to water & be like drink that sh*t bitch.

lol, I hear you--

but in fairness, both of those guys have been starters on teams that went to the Finals, so that would the type of attitude to not have
NYKat
RealGM

Post#10 » by NYKat » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:57 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:You also made this prediction in the off season. You'll also make this prediction next off season and the off season after that.

ride or die n*gga
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#11 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:37 am

NYKat wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:You also made this prediction in the off season. You'll also make this prediction next off season and the off season after that.

ride or die n*gga

:lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,590

Post#12 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:00 am

Let's everyone just relax.

Free Palestine
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#13 » by 21 Hussle » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:32 am

moocow007 wrote:
Orange21 wrote:OMG why can't he shut up for once!!

He's talking about the opposing team when he refers to "they" (In "they don't know where it's coming from")...not his teammates.

:lol: nah man I was mocking some posters around here. I'm not a fan of the green font...
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
rwb0376
Senior
And1: 258

Post#14 » by rwb0376 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 am

Yeah. Not happening.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#15 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:01 am

NYKat wrote:

ride or die n*gga

Well I guess I'm going to a funeral.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#16 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:05 am

He has to average more than 3.8 assists per game.. I'll wager he doesn't.

Return to New York Knicks