ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Flash - Update: Breaking TV records

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Re: OT: The Flash - Best new show on TV 

Post#21 » by Smash3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:54 pm

kane wrote:
Smash3 wrote:
waya wrote:Agents of Shield is terrible IMO. Gotham lost me with the balloon man episode but I haven't seen the new episode. Arrow is okay, though I haven't watched season two yet.

The Flash has potential to easily be better than all of them. Reminds me of early Smallville, before it became super powered Gilmore Girls. He has one of the best rouge's gallery, hopefully the writing can do them justice. Can't wait for Captain Cold and Professor Zoom.

AOS was really terrible the first 10 episodes, but it gets really good the second half and onto season 2.

AOS has one saving grace and that its tied into the MCU, but the question to ask was the first half of season one so bad because they had to stall till CA:TWS came out or did the movie save the TV show because it actually gave the story some juice

for AOS to be any good they cant be afraid of making waves and be free to do their own thing, i just get this feeling that marvel doesn't want to force people to watch the TV show in order the follow plot points in the movies so they will forever be stuck with the leftovers

Starting too feel like the latter, they took the events of TWS and used it as an foundation to build upon doing their own thing.
Spoiler:
I think they had to stall it out with some events until Coulson could take the reigns, now that he is in charge I think they´re headed in their own direction within the MCU, and that the events from some movies will impact their course but not alter it as much as TWS did.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
fresko024
Veteran
And1: 459

Post#22 » by fresko024 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:09 am

knicksh20b wrote:
Smash3 wrote:
waya wrote:Agents of Shield is terrible IMO. Gotham lost me with the balloon man episode but I haven't seen the new episode. Arrow is okay, though I haven't watched season two yet.

The Flash has potential to easily be better than all of them. Reminds me of early Smallville, before it became super powered Gilmore Girls. He has one of the best rouge's gallery, hopefully the writing can do them justice. Can't wait for Captain Cold and Professor Zoom.

AOS was really terrible the first 10 episodes, but it gets really good the second half and onto season 2.

Agree that AOS has gotten really good. They basically had to give us filler crap before the mid-season 1 reveal, but now it's gotten much better, and I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I still rank Arrow first, because they've given us two seasons of excellence. Arrow was pretty episodic in the beginning, too, by the way, but they did a good job tying in Oliver's story with his flashbacks. It was still enjoyable, though. It looks like the Flash is trying to do the same thing, but they tie in the episodes with the end scenes. I do think some of the acting in the most recent Flash episode was awful though. It's not like I'm a show critic so if I can notice bad acting, it's definitely not very good! Finally, did anyone else hear the news about a Flash movie coming out? Wonder how that will play out.

This past episode of Gotham sucked. I think they're revealing the characters (Enigma, Ivy, Penguin) way too easily, when they should have dropped more subtle hints and kept the fans guessing. Also, Bruce Wayne...I don't like his character and role in the show. Hope it gets better.

You crazy. I thought the most recent episode of Gotham was sick. Penguin is a mastermind!!!!

In regards to Flash, anyone know where channel 11 is on demand? i looked all over and no luck
Romans 8:1-4
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,411
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#23 » by E-Balla » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:56 am

Dantares wrote:"You have to believe in the impossible"

I've been waiting for this premiere for a long time and I was not disappointed with the first episode. What I liked about this show is that it's not depressing and dark, it has that comic book feel to it like the first two Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies.

I always thought Barry Allen was very similar to Superman's alter ego Clark Kent both nerdy, caucasian males from a small Midwest town. But they portrayed Barry Allen perfectly and I think differentiated him from Clark. He's a fanboy, he's awkward at times, he's always late(which is ironic because he is the fastest man in the world), and you can tell he enjoys being a superhero. Grant Gustin was perfect casting, this guy just owns the screen, he's got charisma. You can see how gloomy the people around him are and how he has the ability to inspire hope, even the scientist Wells became a believer at the end as well as Barry's surrogate father detective West.

The action is awesome and I like all the characters, the guy that they cast as the reverse flash, well I'm not sure they can make him likeable the first few seasons, I know what he did to Barry's family! Also I can't wait to see Wally West make an appearance.

Barry is no Wally. KF forever!
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#24 » by spaceballer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:26 am

fresko024 wrote:You crazy. I thought the most recent episode of Gotham was sick. Penguin is a mastermind!!!

Except we knew all along that it was obviously the Penguin, so there was no surprise at the end when it was revealed to be him. They showed the same guy killing both targets, so we knew it was a third party trying to sow discord, especially when you match it up to Penguin's dire predictions egging Gordon on in the investigation to fan the flames. And they showed Penguin smile while looking into the guys counting the money in the locked room. On top of that, the producers said this series was about things like the rise to power of Penguin prior to the advent of Batman. So the ending of the episode was a yawn and predictable long before it was shown. Can't be a mastermind when viewers knew about it early into the episode. No surprise or shock value at all. Gotta be unpredictable with a twist that surprises the viewers with your cunning or planning to be considered a mastermind and impress the viewers. The ending reveal was predictable and a yawn.

And the Riddler CSI guy continues to irk me. Not like he has to remind us he's going to be the Riddler every single time he's onscreen by asking a riddle.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,064

Post#25 » by poeman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:22 am

Do you guys watch Arrow?

Just started watching and am on episode 6, very good show
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#26 » by kane » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:57 pm

fresko024 wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
Smash3 wrote:

Agree that AOS has gotten really good. They basically had to give us filler crap before the mid-season 1 reveal, but now it's gotten much better, and I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I still rank Arrow first, because they've given us two seasons of excellence. Arrow was pretty episodic in the beginning, too, by the way, but they did a good job tying in Oliver's story with his flashbacks. It was still enjoyable, though. It looks like the Flash is trying to do the same thing, but they tie in the episodes with the end scenes. I do think some of the acting in the most recent Flash episode was awful though. It's not like I'm a show critic so if I can notice bad acting, it's definitely not very good! Finally, did anyone else hear the news about a Flash movie coming out? Wonder how that will play out.

This past episode of Gotham sucked. I think they're revealing the characters (Enigma, Ivy, Penguin) way too easily, when they should have dropped more subtle hints and kept the fans guessing. Also, Bruce Wayne...I don't like his character and role in the show. Hope it gets better.

You crazy. I thought the most recent episode of Gotham was sick. Penguin is a mastermind!!!!

In regards to Flash, anyone know where channel 11 is on demand? i looked all over and no luck

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7jZ8IW1xjM&list=UU7v3-2K1N84V67IF-WTRG-Q[/youtube]

knowing fox gotham wont get a second season mark my words, this show has the subtlety of a sledgehammer
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#27 » by Dantares » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:01 pm

poeman wrote:Do you guys watch Arrow?

Huge fan of Arrow here. The first half of the first season is ok IMO, the show becomes great in the second half of the season, you already like the show and I am telling you that you're going to love it. the season finale is epic.

I don't think Gotham is that good but it is somewhat entertaining. I think Harvey Bullock's character is super funny.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,064

Post#28 » by poeman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Dantares wrote:
poeman wrote:Do you guys watch Arrow?

Huge fan of Arrow here. The first half of the first season is ok IMO, the show becomes great in the second half of the season, you already like the show and I am telling you that you're going to love it. the season finale is epic.

I don't think Gotham is that good but it is somewhat entertaining. I think Harvey Bullock's character is super funny.

Im on season 1 episode 17 and my family is watching too...They are still on episode 10.

Very good show for being a comic book one
kane
Head Coach

Re: OT: The Flash - Update: Breaking TV records 

Post#29 » by kane » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:57 pm

good ratings mean a show is good right? i mean why is there so many CSI/NCIS :roll:
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#30 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Flash is pretty good so far. Just started Arrow...feeling it. Gotham won't last if it continues this way.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#31 » by waya » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:34 pm

kane wrote:good ratings mean a show is good right? i mean why is there so many CSI/NCIS :roll:

We get it, you don't like DC. Your shtick is getting kind of old
kane
Head Coach

Post#32 » by kane » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:45 pm

waya wrote:
kane wrote:good ratings mean a show is good right? i mean why is there so many CSI/NCIS :roll:

i love DC nolans batman movies > anything marvel has done by a mile but the flash and gotham both blow sorry its not a 'shtick' i just dont like trash
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#33 » by waya » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 pm

kane wrote:
waya wrote:

i love DC nolans batman movies > anything marvel has done by a mile but the flash and gotham both blow sorry its not a 'shtick' i just dont like trash

I agree about Gotham. Flash has some potential though, imo. I'll give it more time.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#34 » by moocow007 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:57 pm

It's definitely not near as corny as I thought it would be. The costume design is pretty cool and the character (and actor that plays it) are both pretty modern without being cliché-ish or overbearing.
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#35 » by spaceballer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:09 pm

waya wrote:
kane wrote:
waya wrote:We get it, you don't like DC. Your shtick is getting kind of old

I agree about Gotham. Flash has some potential though, imo. I'll give it more time.

I've given up on Gotham. Flash isn't up to the quality of Arrow yet, but I'll give it more time. Flash is better than Gotham (anything is better than Gotham), but it's not as good as Arrow or Agents of Shield yet.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#36 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Arrow is better. And I'm smitten by Felicity :love:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,103

Post#37 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:05 pm

spaceballer wrote:
waya wrote:
kane wrote:

I've given up on Gotham. Flash isn't up to the quality of Arrow yet, but I'll give it more time. Flash is better than Gotham (anything is better than Gotham), but it's not as good as Arrow or Agents of Shield yet.

Actually I really enjoyed the past episode of Gotham. I didn't like the previous one, but the latest one gives me hope.

Return to New York Knicks