ImageImageImageImageImage

Shump is happy!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Shump is happy! 

Post#21 » by Greenie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:01 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
greenhughes wrote:Did he find a jump shot or nah?

After everything I said, not really nah.

I don't care what you said. He can't shoot, can't finish and has suspect handle. I don't need stats to see that. I don't care if he shoots once or shoots 50 times a game, Shump is a garbage offensive player.
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#22 » by Hijinks » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:54 am

greenhughes wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

I don't care what you said. He can't shoot, can't finish and has suspect handle. I don't need stats to see that. I don't care if he shoots once or shoots 50 times a game, Shump is a garbage offensive player.

it all depends on what we need from shump offensively. make him a 3 and d guy in a functioning team and he can shine. when we expect him to be a 15+ scorer, who creates for himself. he will disappoint us.

but he is athletic and a good and willing defender. there will always be a spot on nba teams for guys like that. at this point, we have seen enough from him to conclude, that he likely won't be an all star. if you get in that mindset, shump will be just fine.
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#23 » by GardenFaith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:09 am

After watching the game I feel like Shump has earned my respect as our starting 2 guard this season, I know it's early days and he has to improve his scoring but his D and passing have being great so far.

I'd also like to ask people why Crawford got such a wiping by fans for poor shot selection, poor D but most people love Tim Hardaway jr.

I see his potential and he is cheap but right now him and JR are just plain chuckers as soon as they see the hoop.
H20FAN
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Post#24 » by H20FAN » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:42 am

put him in the dunk contest. LETS BRING THE DUNK TROPHY BACK HOME
They call me hadoken because i'm down right fierce
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#25 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:10 pm

TheBigBoss wrote:
Jay10 wrote:it was reported Iman was actually messing with Carmelo because of his hat.

Btw, does anyone know the best place to get a hat like Melo is wearing in that video in the op?

An Italian area.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#26 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:10 pm

greenhughes wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

His finishing has looked better in pre-season. Still a bit awkward but you can tell he's been working on it. I am hopeful his shooting will be more consistent now that he's playing with a better outlook and mood. He has shown he can be a decent to good outside shooter. It's not like his shot is broken.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#27 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 pm

triangle saved his knick career
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#28 » by Boarder Patrol » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 pm

moocow007 wrote:Can we trade Hardaway and Smith for Afflalo? Shumpert and Afflalo would be the perfect tandem at SG.

Can't do it now since Denver is obviously happy with AA, but if Evan Fournier got him away from the Magic, surely Hardaway would have done?
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#29 » by Jmonty580 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:57 pm

greenhughes wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

I can agree with some of your points, but i dont think he is a garbage offensive player. He can do everything richard jefferson use to do for the nets. In the right system shumpert can help on offense as well as D. I think his shot is better than what we have seen too.

speaking of players that are garbage on offense, having seen Cleanthony, what does he bring offensively? doesnt seem to have any real dribble, no moves off of the dribble, shot looks a bit tentative. AM i missing something with that kid?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#30 » by Phish Tank » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:50 am

Shump can shoot when he has the confidence to hoist, especially with the midrange game. The problem usually was that he wouldn't shoot it and would always sit on the bench for long periods of time to basically kill any momentum he would have had shooting

Sent from the mind of world peace
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#31 » by GardenFaith » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:09 am

I'd still like to see Shump attack the basket more and get to the line, same could be said for Timmy and JR too.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#32 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:24 am

GardenFaith wrote:After watching the game I feel like Shump has earned my respect as our starting 2 guard this season, I know it's early days and he has to improve his scoring but his D and passing have being great so far.

I'd also like to ask people why Crawford got such a wiping by fans for poor shot selection, poor D but most people love Tim Hardaway jr.

I see his potential and he is cheap but right now him and JR are just plain chuckers as soon as they see the hoop.

our team cant score without melo. we usually struggle without using him in offense.
but thjr/jr can score 1on1. also they can make their shots/3pts more efficiently.

shumps defense isnt like tony allen level so far.
he gambles too much and let easy points for his opponents. i hope he can do more locked in D this year.

Return to New York Knicks