ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Boxing Champ Klitschko gets clowned by contender...

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

H_20
RealGM
And1: 735

Re: OT: Boxing Champ Klitschko gets clowned by contender... 

Post#41 » by H_20 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 pm

I actually want Briggs to keep it up, this has been entertaining to me.
H_20
RealGM
And1: 735

Post#42 » by H_20 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:14 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBSPeaofysA[/youtube]
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,307

Post#43 » by DrCoach » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:40 pm

it is unusual for a fighter to troll his way into the biggest payday in the division after a 4 yr hiatus.
what usually happens is a fighter positions himself to earn a title shot by beating someone...anyone of note. but no, he's just acting like an idiot trying to bait klit because he knows he has done nothing to earn a shot.
i hope he doesnt get it bc that would set a HORRIBLE precedent. like, why earn a shot when you can just act like a dumb ass to draw attention to yourself outside of the ring? do you actually admire how he's going about trying to get that pay day? he's completely transparent and shameless.

Fighters Troll and call out potential opponents all the time.

Briggs is a former champ with 56 wins, he has already proven himself, he IS someone. thats why you are talking about him

I admire his hard work, dedication, discipline and his willingness to try to bring some excitement and humor back to the Most Boring Heavyweight Class in years
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#44 » by DrCoach » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:41 pm

H_20 wrote:I actually want Briggs to keep it up, this has been entertaining to me.

thats the point that was gone over peoples heads, it IS entertaining
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#45 » by IMAN5 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:09 pm

That Briggs guy is extremely immature and does not deserve a title shot. If that was the UFC I wonder how Dana would handle it. Really depends on his mood or which fighter, but Dana would either say "Briggs will never fight again in the ufc" or "I have to give the people what they want".
instagram.com/510movement
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#46 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:39 pm

briggs is hilarious. honestly, i'd love it if fighters did this more. other sports are forced to face each other. fighters get to decide. manny v. mayweather? imagine money (hilarious guy also) did this stuff? would be SO funny.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#47 » by DrCoach » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:56 pm

HixNixKnicksTix wrote:briggs is hilarious. honestly, i'd love it if fighters did this more. other sports are forced to face each other. fighters get to decide. manny v. mayweather? imagine money (hilarious guy also) did this stuff? would be SO funny.

Exactly, he is bringing a WWE element to Heavyweight boxing which is super boring and uninteresting
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,598

Post#48 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:49 pm

This guy has serious ballz after getting a beating like this from a Klitschko:

Or most likely, he needs some serious cash. :lol:
Free Palestine
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#49 » by ManualRam » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:54 pm

DrCoach wrote:
it is unusual for a fighter to troll his way into the biggest payday in the division after a 4 yr hiatus.
what usually happens is a fighter positions himself to earn a title shot by beating someone...anyone of note. but no, he's just acting like an idiot trying to bait klit because he knows he has done nothing to earn a shot.
i hope he doesnt get it bc that would set a HORRIBLE precedent. like, why earn a shot when you can just act like a dumb ass to draw attention to yourself outside of the ring? do you actually admire how he's going about trying to get that pay day? he's completely transparent and shameless.

Briggs is a former champ with 56 wins, he has already proven himself, he IS someone. thats why you are talking about him

I admire his hard work, dedication, discipline and his willingness to try to bring some excitement and humor back to the Most Boring Heavyweight Class in years

troll after being out of the ring 4 years and not beating anyone of note? how about he do something first to show that he's a worthy challenger? 4+ yrs ago is 4+ yrs ago.

no, you look at his record and its littered with bums. what is his best win, liakhovich? where's he at? he's fodder for prospects. that was a fight briggs was losing too, then he pulled it out of his ass in the 12th.

briggs was nothing but a hyped up hometown kid, making hay on FnF and fox sports.

you dont need to tell me why im talking about him. im talking about him because he's acting like a fool trying to get his last payday that he hasnt earned. being 1 time anything doesnt earn fighters squat after a 4 yr hiatus. and lets not pretend that briggs has shown that he was on that level, ever. when he stepped up he almost got murdered. if he wants to enjoy his grand children later in life, he should probably bow out. wlad would rattle that cadillac sized dome of shannon's worse than his brother. if you wanna see how ring deaths happen in boxing or any combat sport, watch v.klit/briggs.

bring humor? more like shame. he's crossing the line and embarrassing himself.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,589

Post#50 » by Rich Rane » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Anyone not a friend of Shannon Briggs think he'll win a round?

And Wladimir Klitschko needs better security.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,487

Post#51 » by Butch718 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:34 pm

I don't expect a so called friend of Briggs to be objective when it comes to moronic crap like this.

Anyway, let me get this straight. There are actually some posters in here that enjoy watching other people getting harassed because it's entertaining to them? Which means some of you would be perfectly okay with some idiot thug harassing you because he wanted to get something from you? I bet some of you would LOVE that, because according to the logic of some posters in here it's exciting and humorous to be stalked by someone crazy. Riiiighhhhhtttt. :lol:

Being a former champ doesn't entitle Briggs to anything. It certainly doesn't entitle him to harassing another boxer. He hasn't beaten anyone of note to deserve a shot against Klit. Being a former champ and being dedicated to the sport doesn't entitle him to anything, nor does it make him a man to be admired. And yes fighters call out and troll other fighters all the time through media outlets. But you never/rarely see fighters stalking people and actually invading their personal space and private life, all in the name of trying to get a fight. There's a difference.

The only reason why people are talking about him in this thread is because someone posted the videos on this board. That's what we do, discuss things with other posters that have common interests. So stop acting like what he's doing is actually effective because sh*t like this will never gain traction for Briggs getting his big fight and payday.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,487

Post#52 » by Butch718 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Knicks_Blood10 wrote:on another note, who else is pumped to see Golovkin do work this Saturday?!.

I am. Two great fights in one night. GGG/Rubio should be entertaining for as long as it lasts.

I really don't know what to expect from Donaire/Walters. It's a 50/50 fight to me. If Donaire comes out looking like the guy who fought Darch the second time around, he's gonna be in trouble. But if gets his swagger back somehow, I think he KO's Walters. The thing with Donaire is that he possesses game changing power. So even if he struggles at some point during the fight, he can change the momentum with one punch.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#53 » by TheBigBoss » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:00 am

Rich Rane wrote:
TheBigBoss wrote:
j4remi wrote:I'd rather see Wilder v Klitschko than watch Briggs get hospitalized by a Klitschko for the Secor atleast someone with a pulse first time.

WILDER is yet another one that has not done anything to deserve a shot at Klitschko, he needs to beat Stiverne

You could thank Al Haymon for that fight not happening so far.
http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/10/14/6 ... -al-haymon

But don't lose hope yet:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post ... ing-closer

Roc Nation has Al Haymon shook!
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#54 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:04 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI3t0nkAjJY[/youtube]
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#55 » by DrCoach » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:59 am

Travis Knight wrote:This guy has serious ballz after getting a beating like this from a Klitschko:

He went 12 rounds we only one arm, he torn his Bicep in a early round

That's a man
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#56 » by bballoctober » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:35 pm

DrCoach wrote:
Travis Knight wrote:This guy has serious ballz after getting a beating like this from a Klitschko:

He went 12 rounds we only one arm, he torn his Bicep in a early round

That's a man

Well, he should have called it quits because there's no point in fighting if you only have one arm.
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#57 » by N8isScofield » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:25 pm

DrCoach wrote:

So you think that stalking someone is an appropriate way to conduct yourself? WOW.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#58 » by yaboynyp » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Not a friend or fan of Briggs but this peaked my interest… It’s not like there are actual fights in the HW division watching anyway...
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#59 » by TheBigBoss » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:05 pm

N8isScofield wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

So you think that stalking someone is an appropriate way to conduct yourself? WOW.

That's it! I'm calling DrCoach out! Where ever he go I go! Whatever thread he post in, i'ma post in! Whatever post he And1, I'm gonna And1! That's acceptable behavior isn't? :P
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#60 » by Juggynaut » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 pm

That's creepy as ****, he should try out for the Stalker championship instead. That 2nd clip was hilarious.

Return to New York Knicks