ImageImageImageImageImage

Amar'e Believes That Marinating Is A Recipe For Success

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Re: BREAKING: Amar'e not what he use to be 

Post#21 » by IMAN5 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:24 pm

another thread hating on amare, what's new.
instagram.com/510movement
GatorShea
Junior
And1: 198

Post#22 » by GatorShea » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:31 pm

I don't think there is any fan base out there that would be ok with a 20 million dollar player being gimpotent on the court......injured or not. Look at the flack Nash is catching for being oft-injured and he doesn't chew up nearly as much of the salary cap as Stat does. Now, I would like to see Stat come back strong for the benefit of the team and himself but so far it hasn't happened.
PSN: GatorShea
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,548

Re: BREAKING: Amar'e May Have Alcohol Problem! 

Post#23 » by Meat » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:38 pm

David Blaine wrote:People here acting like if they had the option to bathe in red wine they wouldn't do it.

At least he is trying every method possible to stay healthy. If STAT didn't have his insane work ethic he'd be out of the league already

it's only 2 cups of wine per bath.

also it's not his work ethic that keeps him around, it's the untradable iron clad contract
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,548

Post#24 » by Meat » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:39 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:what a pathetic fan base this is who are always looking for a new reason to bash their players

lets all be mindless homers then? woo he wears our laundry so he's special and can do no wrong.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#25 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Meat wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:what a pathetic fan base this is who are always looking for a new reason to bash their players

lets all be mindless homers then? woo he wears our laundry so he's special and can do no wrong.

grow up
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,536

Post#26 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Meat wrote:

Can you articulate why it's legitimate to

A) Suggest Amar'e is an alcoholic when there is no evidence that he is (the initial thread title did this)
B) Criticize Amar'e for trying vinotherapy

Otherwise, you may need to revisit the whole mindless thing?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#27 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:05 pm

He better be using some Jewish Red Wine from the homeland and not some crap from Napa -- if not he's turning on his people.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#28 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Amare should know better then to take advice from JR. He makes his bath with Hennessy and strippers
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,968

Post#29 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Man, some of you guys really need to get laid.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#30 » by frogfood » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:14 pm

People with knee problems know, once it gets bad, no amount of rehab etc will make you your old self. I know STAT is busting his ass.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#31 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:18 pm

dpgcdr wrote:I don't find this Stoudemire any more obnoxious than Alex Rodriguez.

How could you?

Since when is Amar'e Stoudemire obnoxious?
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#32 » by GYK » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Eh. I don't know how bathing in wine would help.
I've seen older more wealthier people do it but it was nothing but placebo as no cure for aging exist.
It's very similar to milk baths but milk can at least moisturize your skin and scalp.
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#33 » by Workforce250 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:22 pm

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#34 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:37 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:Man, some of you guys really need to get laid.

well damn
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#35 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:48 pm

GatorShea wrote:I don't think there is any fan base out there that would be ok with a 20 million dollar player being gimpotent on the court......injured or not.

really?

because that happens all the time in the final year of a players contract

pretty much every guy on a 2nd contract extension in his final year is a shade of his former self and making major cash

think anyone is psyched about Garnett's contract, or Lopez or WIlliams for that matter?

as often as not fans are not complaining because the guy is cut and playing elsewhere but getting paid by their team
dpgcdr
Pro Prospect
And1: 298

Post#36 » by dpgcdr » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
dpgcdr wrote:I don't find this Stoudemire any more obnoxious than Alex Rodriguez.

How could you?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe when sometime in August 2010, starting when he lied to the world that the Knicks are back, then later posing nude with a Knicks cap hoveing over his crotch, posing as Steve Urkel in a woman's magazine, showing everyone his stitched up hand as if it was some kind of battle scar, costing the team any chance of beating Miami, being a hypocrite talking about the amazing effects of a vegan lifestyle but posting meat recipes in is cookbook. The list goes on.

Some of you still think the world is flat. The Knicks have not achieved anything since he's arrived in terms of success. Or perhaps most of you are so used to losing that you follow this poster boy, he like the team, will not go far.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#37 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:07 pm

dpgcdr wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:

How could you?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe when sometime in August 2010, starting when he lied to the world that the Knicks are back, then later posing nude with a Knicks cap hoveing over his crotch, posing as Steve Urkel in a woman's magazine, showing everyone his stitched up hand as if it was some kind of battle scar, costing the team any chance of beating Miami, being a hypocrite talking about the amazing effects of a vegan lifestyle but posting meat recipes in is cookbook. The list goes on.

Some of you still think the world is flat. The Knicks have not achieved anything since he's arrived in terms of success. Or perhaps most of you are so used to losing that you follow this poster boy, he like the team, will not go far.

My advice to you: get a life
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#38 » by NYKAL » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Meat wrote:

no, its the fact that guys hate him even when he's doing something he hopes will benefit him AND the team. ANYTHING that can possibly benefit the team is a good thing. Also, a seemingly healthy Amare could possibly be moved by the deadline. If we've learned anything as fans, we should know that any contract no matter how bad, can be moved. I could see the 76ers (perpetual tank mode) taking him on.
Zooropa
Veteran
And1: 1,881

Post#39 » by Zooropa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:11 pm

dpgcdr wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:

How could you?

None of this really means he's obnoxious, though.

I'd really recommend that documentary about him to anyone who hasn't seen it. It gave me SO much respect for him as a person and professional, and it's just a generally well-done film.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't want him off the team ASAP––he's clearly a guy of character but its hard to argue that he isn't hurting the team at this point. But as much as I like to make fun of the "phenomenal" quote or whatever, I actually have incredible respect for the man.
"The Jeff Hornacek Experience"
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#40 » by NYKAL » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
dpgcdr wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
How could you?

My advice to you: get a life

did the Knicks NOT make the playoffs that yeah? If so then he was right...the Knicks were back in the playoffs.

Return to New York Knicks