ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil Jackson Scouting Report on the Entire Roster

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Phil Jackson Scouting Report on the Entire Roster 

Post#1 » by knickabocker88 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:30 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2014/stor ... ork-knicks

I love this man

Won't Copy and Paste because of the Pictures and stuff but it's worth clicking on
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Re: Phil Jackson Scouting Report on the Entire Roster 

Post#2 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Amazing..simply amazing and spot on. I agree with him on Bargani. He will thrive in this offense.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,441

Post#3 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:41 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2014/story/_/id/11654375/nba-phil-jackson-point-view-new-york-knicks

I love this man

Won't Copy and Paste because of the Pictures and stuff but it's worth clicking on

Wow super candid and some real newsworthy stuff in here. Part about Iman very interesting.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,951

Post#4 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:44 pm

potential Calderon Shump Melo JSmith Bargnani starting lineup?
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:46 pm

So hoping to get 32 MPG from Amar'e? That's a bit shocking.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#6 » by knickabocker88 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm

"If Andrea Bargnani's initial season in New York was a disappointment, I believe he'll thrive in the triangle. The 3-point shot is a bit out of his range, but from 20 feet and in, Andrea is a deadly shooter.

This the type of shyt we've needed for so long, we have a Basketball Savant

KnicksGod wrote:So hoping to get 32 MPG from Amar'e? That's a bit shocking.

Amar'e is going to get every chance to prove it, feel bad for Cole but I bet Phil was honest about his role when he resigned him.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#7 » by Fat Kat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 pm

JACKSON ON: Cole Aldrich, C

"Cole Aldrich is a blue-collar guy. He goes hard after rebounds, hustles around the hoop, knows his role, and can score with a jump hook. Last season, Cole played better the more he played. Right now, he's our emergency center, who'll probably get significant time only if somebody gets hurt or our other bigs suffer a plague of foul trouble."
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Phil on JR Smith and a wave hello to suicidedeuce >>
His defense also needs work because he tends to be a ball-watcher, and he's late in chasing his man around screens when he should be tailgating him.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

"Cole Aldrich is a blue-collar guy. He goes hard after rebounds, hustles around the hoop, knows his role, and can score with a jump hook. Last season, Cole played better the more he played. Right now, he's our emergency center, who'll probably get significant time only if somebody gets hurt or our other bigs suffer a plague of foul trouble."

Interesting. He agrees with the idea that Cole is a third-string player only. Not sure I agree but who am I to disagree with Phil.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#10 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 pm

this was interesting. but getting these guys to change their habits is not so easy.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm

knicks85 wrote:potential Calderon Shump Melo JSmith Bargnani starting lineup?

At another time, Phil said that Dalembert is likely the starter. Frankly I think Phil wants Dally-Bargs starting.

How about him saying that Shump was in Woodson's doghouse? That was pretty revealing.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#12 » by j4remi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:00 pm

I'll read the rest after lunch, stopped at Iman...that Shump break down is spot on and kinda throws shade at Woody.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,951

Post#13 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:01 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
knicks85 wrote:potential Calderon Shump Melo JSmith Bargnani starting lineup?

At another time, Phil said that Dalembert is likely the starter. Frankly I think Phil wants Dally-Bargs starting.

How about him saying that Shump was in Woodson's doghouse? That was pretty revealing.

I was most surprised how high on Larkin he was...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#14 » by Jay10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:02 pm

THJ is 6'8". :o
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#15 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Almost make me shocked to see how spot on and honest he is. No sugar coating!!!
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#16 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:this was interesting. but getting these guys to change their habits is not so easy.

But sometimes it felt like we never had a brain at the top of the organization that could spot the subtleties and try to give players insight into how to make small adjustments that could have a difference.

I agree with you broadly about it being tough to make major changes in what players are made of, but I don't agree with the conclusion that you can't do much about it. Great coaches can do little things that have a big impact.

Think about it, you don't think Thibs is doing micro-management and fine-tuning to cover for the weaknesses of his players on defense, for instance? That's what breaking down video and defensive strategy are all about.

I think coaching makes a huge impact because it's all about drilling down and getting into the details, and doing things to cover for your weaknesses.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#17 » by Jay10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:09 pm

JACKSON ON: Quincy Acy, SF

"I'm really enthusiastic about what Quincy Acy brings to the team. Denver was overloaded at his spot, so he didn't get much playing time last season. If Quincy is not always a stopper, we can count on him to always be tough, quick-footed and energetic on defense at both the 3 and 4 positions. Quincy also has the kind of tensile strength that surprises opponents. He's worked hard to become a threat from beyond the 3-point line, but he has a slow release because he has to have all his body parts perfectly lined up to make his shots. An outstanding offensive rebounder, Quincy has to learn how to make plays."

:lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#18 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Jay10 wrote:
JACKSON ON: Quincy Acy, SF

"I'm really enthusiastic about what Quincy Acy brings to the team. Denver was overloaded at his spot, so he didn't get much playing time last season. If Quincy is not always a stopper, we can count on him to always be tough, quick-footed and energetic on defense at both the 3 and 4 positions. Quincy also has the kind of tensile strength that surprises opponents. He's worked hard to become a threat from beyond the 3-point line, but he has a slow release because he has to have all his body parts perfectly lined up to make his shots. An outstanding offensive rebounder, Quincy has to learn how to make plays."

:lol:

That's one messup.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#19 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:12 pm

wow. but word. some of these need to be copied and pasted on here when fans want to argue about what certain players' strengths and weaknesses are.

like... okay. you can argue with [RealGM Member X], but are you really going to argue with PMFJBAMF?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#20 » by Thorn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2014/story/_/id/11654375/nba-phil-jackson-point-view-new-york-knicks

I love this man

That will not make a lot of people happy, but Phil already knows who he and Fish plan to play and how long. I ma sure they have communicated this to the players and now to the media. There are no mysteries, no rotation wonders, no guys unsure of their role.

While we do not know who the starters are 1-5, we do know most of them and we know what needs to be worked on by whom to earn minutes.

This is a brilliant article, and I am thrilled Phil finally came home.

Return to New York Knicks