ImageImageImageImageImage

KNICKS VS. WIZARDS Post Game

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Re: KNICKS VS. WIZARDS Post Game 

Post#181 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:24 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
None are ideal so it probably comes down to who fits the best next to Dally/Melo/Shump/Calderon.

I'd say Jason Smith or Acy depending on matchups.

it is going to be Bargnani though. Fisher likes to keep Bargnani with Calderon and Phil is talking up Andrea to instill confidence. Amare will back up either the 4 or 5 and that leaves one of Acey or Smith to take the other back up big man slot. Cole is 3rd string until he starts nailing the mid-range J (like Acey). My guess is that they INTENDED Jason Smith to steal that job of playing alongside Amare in the 2nd unit, but he has looked slower than anticipated and Quincy has looked good and energetic on both ends. So even though I would prefer 2nd unit of cole/Amare, it just won't happen.

i hope not. Bargs sucks. i am not buying that hes necessarily in the knicks plans for this season

I am with you in the hope, but Phil keeps saying that he will thrive in the triangle. It certainly makes it sound like he is in the plan.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#182 » by CharlesOakley » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:00 am

KnicksManiac wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:If both will come, who would you take?

Lamarus Aldridge or Marc Gasol

One of these guys can be a #2 option. His name is LaMarcus Aldridge. That's who I'd want. Gasol at the max is an overpay.

LA isn't that good. I live in Portland and love the guy but he doesn't have much of a low post game and he doesn't defend. He can shoot lights out with range but I think someone like Milsap would be a better fit for this team.

I agree that maxing Gasol is too much.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,207

Post#183 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Melo was always suppose to carry the load. That never changed.

What changed was hopefully making it easier for him to carry the load. He worked so hard to do everything offensively for the team. This year the hope is that the system puts him in spots score more easily and conserve his energy until we really need him...the 4th qtr.

Melo is paid to carry the team. That is what superstars do. Ideally we wont take the next step until he gets additional help but he was always going to have to be a huge scorer for this team to win this year, we just don't have the talent up and down currently to help him.

You're NOT READING...

There is ZERO...I mean, NOT ONE REASON IN ZEUS' BUTTHOLE WHY a superstar ought to be out there taking that much playing time in PRESEASON.

It means NOTHING filling up a bucket.

What IS significant, guys working on their weaknesses, fixing bad habits, and expanding their game in a game-esque simulation.

*drops mic*

You do understand that in less than a week we are going to be playing 2 really difficult games back to back.

If Melo is only playing 25 minutes in preseason, how do you think he will be properly conditioned in basketball shape to go 38 minutes if needed vs the Bulls or the Cavs if its a close game?

The Clippers played Blake Griffin and Chris Paul nearly 40 minutes each in one of there last preseason games...is Doc Rivers an idiot?

I assume Melo will play less tonight. But the Knicks needed a preseason game that would mirror the regular season. You just can't get your conditioning in practice. A game is different, it is a totally different animal. Preparing for a full game was important and I agreed with the decision.

If Melo is feeling it they would be force feeding him in the regular season, I don't see why you wouldn't do it in the preseason. If Melo gets off to a hot start he can carry us through the first month of the season, he is that good.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#184 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:16 am

mpharris36 wrote:You do understand that in less than a week we are going to be playing 2 really difficult games back to back.

If Melo is only playing 25 minutes in preseason, how do you think he will be properly conditioned in basketball shape to go 38 minutes if needed vs the Bulls or the Cavs if its a close game?

The Clippers played Blake Griffin and Chris Paul nearly 40 minutes each in one of there last preseason games...is Doc Rivers an idiot?

I assume Melo will play less tonight. But the Knicks needed a preseason game that would mirror the regular season. You just can't get your conditioning in practice. A game is different, it is a totally different animal. Preparing for a full game was important and I agreed with the decision.

If Melo is feeling it they would be force feeding him in the regular season, I don't see why you wouldn't do it in the preseason. If Melo gets off to a hot start he can carry us through the first month of the season, he is that good.

This is a long season.

If there are 2 back to back games that are tough, the Knicks will NOT lose any sleep if they lose both games. Why? Because what's more important is that the Knicks' MOST VALUABLE ASSET is lost during preseason for 10, 25 games or the season.

This isn't a fantasy sport.

The Knicks are well aware it'll take at least half the season to know what they have as a team. They are well aware that Melo can roll out of bed and score 35 pts. LAST SEASON...when Woodson overly relied on that, how far did the Knicks go?

That's right. They missed the playoffs.

THIS TIME...you have a new point guard, a lot of youth....every one playing a system. Melo ain't going to change his game. The OTHER GUYS will be held more responsible. Perks of playing with a superstar.

Don't care what Doc Rivers who is a JOKE...is doing. I mean, people forget Doc was a disaster in Orlando...and Ainge was ready to fire him until he made the KG deal and got Ray Allen. Clippers are going nowhere so long as Spurs and Mavs are playing as well as they are.

End of Story.

Return to New York Knicks