ImageImageImageImageImage

Marvel Avengers 2 Age of Ultron trailer!!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Re: Marvel Avengers 2 Age of Ultron trailer!!!! 

Post#21 » by blumatic » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:03 pm

spaceballer wrote:
Smash3 wrote:Couldn´t have made a better choice for voice acting than James Spader, he can go from lighthearted to evil in a second. 8-)

It's not just voice acting, but motion capture as well. You could even see it at 1:55 in the trailer; that head movement and the eyes looks a lot like Spader.

Blastr wrote:If you were a tad worried that the awesome James Spader would only be voicing The Avengers 2’s big bad villain Ultron—you know, à la Iron Man's J.A.R.V.I.S.—then good news! The Blacklist actor will definitely be "more than a voice."

And that’s coming straight from Marvel’s head honcho—Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.

Speaking to the Huffington Post about Spader’s hiring for the highly anticipated Avengers sequel, Feige said:

Well, I think it will be more than a voice role -- we'll be capturing his face and his body to create a whole performance. He's a very unique and incredibly exciting and unpredictable actor. And Ultron in the comics is a robot, but what's cool about him in the comics -- and certainly how Joss Whedon is interpreting him for the movie -- is that he is much more than just a robot. That he's infused with much character. And I don't want to say too much, but you can imagine James Spader will be very dynamic in his portrayal of this character.

Adding that: “[Laughs] We did not hire James Spader to do a robot voice.”

The guy's already got the fantastic voice (we can almost hear it dripping with chillingly cool menace), now we can’t wait to see what sort of performance and physicality Spader will bring to the table in the role of Ultron.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-10-21/dont-w ... 99s-ultron

I know Spader from the Office. Watched Ultron at the end of the trailer I saw similarities in body movement, even face movement. I was wondering if he did motion capture. The results look good so far.
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#22 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 am

poeman wrote:It was a stupid way to get ratings...Agents of Shield is such a bad show, has nothing on Arrow and Flash.

DC is the master of tv shows, animated films and for the most part their comics

They just need to get their films (exception Nolan's movies) in order

Basically., they are the "masters" of nothing.

Honestly...., lol. The MARVEL brand is just so ridiculously blessed (I know that may be a hyperbole). Think about it.., how many people see movies because they read the comics? How many people see movies because they are based on cartoons? NOW......, think of how many people read comics, watch cartoons or even watch TV shows based on movies.

You are getting at least 4 movies a year wearing that Marvel brand whether it's from FOX, SONY or Marvel Studios. Stipulation says they must have those pages flickering at the start. lol

But the most important thing is the one present in all Marvel films in which we can draw a relation to... They're based in New York. Coast/Central City is all great and all but..........., yeah. Saving an imaginary city as compared to saving one you live in is NOT quite the same.

But hey...,
three2theD wrote:
I've been on the THjr bandwagon since summer league, and I would trade him for Rondo. IMO Rondo is the third best PG in the NBA after Curry and CP3.
I doubt anything happens though.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#23 » by kane » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:58 am

poeman wrote:It was a stupid way to get ratings...Agents of Shield is such a bad show, has nothing on Arrow and Flash.

sorry i cant agree with you here flash is garbage and i only watched a few eps of arrow but it looked like more C.W crap also gotam is really bad but they are adding the hot chick from firefly and homeland so thats exta points in my book :wink: , now if you're talking about the animated TV stuff or even their movies like flash point i agree its miles ahead of the crappy marvel cartoons
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#24 » by poeman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:37 am

kane wrote:

sorry i cant agree with you here flash is garbage and i only watched a few eps of arrow but it looked like more C.W crap also gotam is really bad but they are adding the hot chick from firefly and homeland so thats exta points in my book :wink: , now if you're talking about the animated TV stuff or even their movies like flash point i agree its miles ahead of the crappy marvel cartoons

you are in the minority with the DC tv shows...They are really popular with the fans and on IMDb
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:47 am

poeman wrote:
kane wrote:

you are in the minority with the DC tv shows...They are really popular with the fans and on IMDb

Flash and Gotham are really bad. They're both new shows and on two networks that don't command a great amount of shares to be successful and I'm still willing to put money on Gotham being a 1 and done. smdh. As far as Flash is concerned., they would have the same fate if not for the fact that they came in with a base following already that was lead by Arrow. Which if you look at the grand scheme of things more people probably watch AOS but one show is on a major network and the other is CW. :dontknow:
three2theD wrote:
I've been on the THjr bandwagon since summer league, and I would trade him for Rondo. IMO Rondo is the third best PG in the NBA after Curry and CP3.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#26 » by N8isScofield » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:49 am

blumatic wrote:
spaceballer wrote:
Smash3 wrote:Couldn´t have made a better choice for voice acting than James Spader, he can go from lighthearted to evil in a second. 8-)

It's not just voice acting, but motion capture as well. You could even see it at 1:55 in the trailer; that head movement and the eyes looks a lot like Spader.

Blastr wrote:If you were a tad worried that the awesome James Spader would only be voicing The Avengers 2’s big bad villain Ultron—you know, à la Iron Man's J.A.R.V.I.S.—then good news! The Blacklist actor will definitely be "more than a voice."

And that’s coming straight from Marvel’s head honcho—Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.

Speaking to the Huffington Post about Spader’s hiring for the highly anticipated Avengers sequel, Feige said:

Well, I think it will be more than a voice role -- we'll be capturing his face and his body to create a whole performance. He's a very unique and incredibly exciting and unpredictable actor. And Ultron in the comics is a robot, but what's cool about him in the comics -- and certainly how Joss Whedon is interpreting him for the movie -- is that he is much more than just a robot. That he's infused with much character. And I don't want to say too much, but you can imagine James Spader will be very dynamic in his portrayal of this character.

Adding that: “[Laughs] We did not hire James Spader to do a robot voice.”

The guy's already got the fantastic voice (we can almost hear it dripping with chillingly cool menace), now we can’t wait to see what sort of performance and physicality Spader will bring to the table in the role of Ultron.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-10-21/dont-w ... 99s-ultron

I know Spader from the Office. Watched Ultron at the end of the trailer I saw similarities in body movement, even face movement. I was wondering if he did motion capture. The results look good so far.

Dude if you're a Spader fan and not watching The Blacklist you need to get started. One of the best shows on tv right now and all because of James Spader.
kane
Head Coach

Post#27 » by kane » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:32 pm

poeman wrote:
kane wrote:

going by the IMDB of a TV show is like saying .... hey everyone loves the knicks look at all the people on realgm/knicks board :lol:

honestly outside of HBO/AMC/FX and maybe showtime all TV is pretty much crap, i think hannibal is the only network TV show i still watch

id say walking dead is the only good comic based show and AoS is watchable because it ties into the movies but imo superhero TV shows are one step above lifetime movies
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#28 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 pm

poeman wrote:Image

Venom Carnage Movie FTW!!! Better be atleast R rated or else no point in making a Carnage film.
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#29 » by nyJnyKnyY » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:03 pm

to the guy who says gotham wont last... why? I thoroughly enjoy the show.. you have to let yourself get drawn in and believe in it. yes its got its corniness but i still think its a great platform to build on and if kept on the same trajectory its on now (imo) it could be a really good entertaining show for years to come.
kane
Head Coach

Post#30 » by kane » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:07 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:to the guy who says gotham wont last... why? I thoroughly enjoy the show.. you have to let yourself get drawn in and believe in it. yes its got its corniness but i still think its a great platform to build on and if kept on the same trajectory its on now (imo) it could be a really good entertaining show for years to come.

fox is cutthroat as it gets, if it doesn't get ratings it wont get a second season... firefly arrested development two of the most amazing shows got canceled due to mediocre ratings, fringe another amazing show fans had to cross their fingers at the end of every season hoping that wouldn't be the last
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#31 » by TheBigBoss » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 pm

kane wrote:
nyJnyKnyY wrote:to the guy who says gotham wont last... why? I thoroughly enjoy the show.. you have to let yourself get drawn in and believe in it. yes its got its corniness but i still think its a great platform to build on and if kept on the same trajectory its on now (imo) it could be a really good entertaining show for years to come.

fox is cutthroat as it gets, if it doesn't get ratings it wont get a second season... firefly arrested development two of the most amazing shows got canceled due to mediocre ratings, fringe another amazing show fans had to cross their fingers at the end of every season hoping that wouldn't be the last

That is exactly why i don't watch Fox shows anymore, I am sick of getting into a show only for it to get cancelled. Hell, even when the shows do get great ratings there is that chance that Fox will be cheap with the stars of the show causing them to walk away.
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:31 am

kane wrote:

And then there's a reason why it won't get the ratings. It's corny. I watched good shows on FOX get cancelled and you named them all. I can even go back to Kindred: The Embraced and Prophet. Both shows infinitely better than Gotham and got cancelled.

Balloon man and telescope guy made me sad. I watched does episodes shaking my head. Mind you we just came off of the Nolan trilogy and they give us this? What's next...., Blender-Man? I love you Jada but that Fish Mahoney character? She wanted to kill two cops together because one of them insulted her. She supposed to be one of the biggest baddies and that was the first episode which was better than the rest. I can only imagine what's lying ahead. They should've kept The Waynes alive to at least the season finale. Build them up. What was the rush to kill them in the first episode and a little subtlety on the villains like The Riddler, Catwoman would be appreciated. smdh
three2theD wrote:
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#33 » by ITGM » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Benedict Cumberbatch To Play ‘Doctor Strange’

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel has finally found its Doctor Strange. I’m hearing Benedict Cumberbatch is the studio’s choice for the superhero pic, and negotiations are about to begin. The news comes after talks with Joaquin Phoenix around the time of Comic-Con went south, and Marvel went back to the drawing board. With names like Jared Leto and Tom Hardy also in the mix, this is obviously a coveted role. I expect this deal to make.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/benedict-cu ... st-862815/

My thoughts:

frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#34 » by frogfood » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:25 pm

ITGM wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch To Play ‘Doctor Strange’

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel has finally found its Doctor Strange. I’m hearing Benedict Cumberbatch is the studio’s choice for the superhero pic, and negotiations are about to begin. The news comes after talks with Joaquin Phoenix around the time of Comic-Con went south, and Marvel went back to the drawing board. With names like Jared Leto and Tom Hardy also in the mix, this is obviously a coveted role. I expect this deal to make.

My thoughts:

Agreed. It's hard to fault someone to being overexposed but sheesh talk about "of course they cast Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange. " He will reach Depp levels in a year at this rate.
kane
Head Coach

Post#35 » by kane » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:32 pm

frogfood wrote:
ITGM wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch To Play ‘Doctor Strange’

My thoughts:

Agreed. It's hard to fault someone to being overexposed but sheesh talk about "of course they cast Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange. " He will reach Depp levels in a year at this rate.

noone can ever reach depp levels hes so far out hes outside the universe at this point

i agree cumberbatch is a bit overexposed but its for good reason, sherlock is one of the best shows on TV almost on breaking bad levels of good and hes a HUGE reason why

side note what makes more money next summer, Star Wars episode VII or Avengers 2? my money is on avengers
frogfood
Suspended

Post#36 » by frogfood » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm

kane wrote:
i agree cumberbatch is a bit overexposed but its for good reason, sherlock is one of the best shows on TV almost on breaking bad levels of good and hes a HUGE reason why

side note what makes more money next summer, Star Wars episode VII or Avengers 2? my money is on avengers

Sherlock was great but all his roles are variations of Cumberbatch doin Cumberbatch things. Like, he is so one note even though that one note was pretty good until it was everywhere. I can already picture the smarmy one-liners.

Probably Avengers but I think SW7 will be the much superior film. The again, I'm not much of an Avengers fan. Seen all their movies - their good I suppose - but never great. Avengers looks like it was filmed on a tv studio set.

edit: I'm sure I'm in the minority of my indifference to Avengers so maybe ignore it :)
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#37 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:06 pm

People are so easily impressed these days. That trailer was not very good in my honest opinion

And where's Thanos?
frogfood
Suspended

Post#38 » by frogfood » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 pm

echelonNYK wrote:People are so easily impressed these days. That trailer was not very good in my honest opinion

Thank you. The Avengers universe takes place in the most bland make-believe NYC ever made or computer-generated! Every building is beige.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#39 » by ITGM » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:13 pm

echelonNYK wrote:People are so easily impressed these days. That trailer was not very good in my honest opinion

And where's Thanos?

I thought the trailer was intriguing, but not epic!
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#40 » by SwaggyB » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:20 pm

And where's Thanos?

Believe they're intending to slowly build towards an epic showdown with Thanos. He will be kind of behind the scenes for a bit, possibly making his presence truly known in Avengers 3 after some minor involvement in whatever movies lead up to it (Cap/Thor 3/Guardians 2?)

Return to New York Knicks