ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Russell Wilson not considered black enough by teammates

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,917

Re: OT: Russell Wilson not considered black enough by teamma 

Post#21 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:03 pm

emo wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:what is black enough? Stupid people so prejudice and racist. Why cant a person be a -person. I guess because I hang with white people im not black enough.

That ain't the reason.

You West Indian bastard.

How did you know Im west indian lol. My parents are actually.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,412
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#22 » by E-Balla » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:05 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:One of my roommates from college works for the Seahawks. He told me that the players get on Wilson a lot of that. All in good fun.

Mike Rob used to tape the locker room. They made jokes on him being white, a tiger woods lookalike, and being a robot. All were jokes.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#23 » by vallen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 pm

BR using us for cheap hits on a stupid story...

complete trash..
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#24 » by frogfood » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:22 pm

JayKnicKz11 wrote:
emo wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:what is black enough? Stupid people so prejudice and racist. Why cant a person be a -person. I guess because I hang with white people im not black enough.

That ain't the reason.

You West Indian bastard.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1350705

we know everything bro.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Wilson is actually part American Indian. You can tell in the features.

But yeah folks are real stupid for saying idiotic things like this.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,917

Post#26 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 pm

frogfood wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:
emo wrote:
That ain't the reason.

You West Indian bastard.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1350705

we know everything bro.

Good one
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,647

Post#27 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 pm

JayKnicKz11 wrote:
emo wrote:

That ain't the reason.

You West Indian bastard.

In the 60s and 70s being Black enough meant you were proud and supported the advancement of your people. In the 10s being Black enough means you sag your pants and call other Black people "b!tches and n!gg@s."

Malcolm X ain't Black enough in our new world.

Trini massive, out.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#28 » by br7knicks » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:12 pm

I don't know who he is.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#29 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:16 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:
emo wrote:
That ain't the reason.

You West Indian bastard.

In the 60s and 70s being Black enough meant you were proud and supported the advancement of your people. In the 10s being Black enough means you sag your pants and call other Black people "b!tches and n!gg@s."

Trini massive, out.

It's really messed up. If you get educated and sound educated you have "assimilated" and abandoned your people. Every person should be trying to integrate into society (no matter the color, heritage, culture, etc). If every person tried to be the best version of themselves and stopped worrying about who they perceive to be winning an imaginary game, they, themselves may be able to win (live a long happy and healthy life).
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#30 » by Apples » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:23 am

This is always claimed when a black person is educated and speaks well. Or has different taste and maybe doesn't have many black friends.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#31 » by Greenie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:31 am

Apples wrote:This is always claimed when a black person is educated and speaks well. Or has different taste and maybe doesn't have any black friends.

Not true.

the last part is though....any being key
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#32 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:35 am

I don't doubt at all that there are some backward azz players that think that way. But it would be pretty freaking sad if most of the black players thought that.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#33 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:38 am

camillepd wrote:Who cares? I mean seriously is Obama black enough? Lets face it today most people are some kind of admixture anyway and as time goes by, we will become even more diverse!!

Well if we really wanna get extra technical most black americans have substantial white DNA.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#34 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:17 am

Remember when Jalen Rose pulled that on Grant Hill. When Hill showed up Jalen, I couldn't be more thrilled.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#35 » by Scorpion King » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 am

I feel like this is the perfect topic for this video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glOv4MIyNSE[/youtube]
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#36 » by DimesandKnicks » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:28 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:
emo wrote:
That ain't the reason.

You West Indian bastard.

Trini massive, out.

lol he's just really dorky to me. I guess the politically correct way to communicate it is to say not black enough would be to say he doesn't have soul.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#37 » by DimesandKnicks » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:32 am

I don't think its an issue of being well spoken or educated...I just think that stereotypically African American express themselves a bit more colorfully and more authentically, especially in regards to professional sports. I think it is just a personality thing more then anything.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#38 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:50 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:How did you know Im west indian lol. My parents are actually.

Trini massive, out.

It's really messed up. If you get educated and sound educated you have "assimilated" and abandoned your people. Every person should be trying to integrate into society (no matter the color, heritage, culture, etc). If every person tried to be the best version of themselves and stopped worrying about who they perceive to be winning an imaginary game, they, themselves may be able to win (live a long happy and healthy life).

The game is real and I disagree that everybody should be trying to integrate into society because then society doesn't change. If women continued to integrate into society there is no feminism. If Black Americans try to integrate into society there are no civil rights. This is still a country that had you as 1/3 of a person in its constitution. There is assimilation and there is advancement. They are not necessarily the same thing. Getting an education is advancement. Getting an economic base is advancement. Leaving poverty behind is advancement. Leaving everyone else in your people behind is assimilation. That's not cool.

I'm not with this "new Black" thing that Black American celebrities have been going on about because it's not true. It sounds clever but it's really just old fashioned crossing over: "I've separated myself from the herd so I'm special and I don't have to give back to the minority group that I came from." That type of assimilation isn't advancement.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#39 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:52 am

DimesandKnicks wrote:I don't think its an issue of being well spoken or educated...I just think that stereotypically African American express themselves a bit more colorfully and more authentically, especially in regards to professional sports. I think it is just a personality thing more then anything.

That's the slippery slope. To say stereotypical African Americans express themselves a bit more colourfully and authentically. What is colourful and authentic? And what is stereotypically African-American?
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#40 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:28 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Trini massive, out.

The game is real and I disagree that everybody should be trying to integrate into society because then society doesn't change. If women continued to integrate into society there is no feminism. If Black Americans try to integrate into society there are no civil rights. This is still a country that had you as 1/3 of a person in its constitution. There is assimilation and there is advancement. They are not necessarily the same thing. Getting an education is advancement. Getting an economic base is advancement. Leaving poverty behind is advancement. Leaving everyone else in your people behind is assimilation. That's not cool.

I'm not with this "new Black" thing that Black American celebrities have been going on about because it's not true. It sounds clever but it's really just old fashioned crossing over: "I've separated myself from the herd so I'm special and I don't have to give back to the minority group that I came from." That type of assimilation isn't advancement.

Integration is different from assimilation.
From Webster:
The act or process or an instance of integrating: incorporation as equals into society or an organization of individuals of different groups (as races)

What I mean by integration is adopting some of the norms of the culture by in large while bringing TO that culture part of yourself. In true integration both the person and the society adapts. Assimilation is where the person simply adopts the norms of society while leaving their own.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate

Return to New York Knicks