ImageImageImageImageImage

NYC Doctor tests positive for Ebola Virus

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,066

Re: NYC Doctor tests positive for Ebola Virus 

Post#41 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:05 am

neutralize him.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#42 » by Mr_Perfect » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:10 am

AmazingJason with the greatest troll of all-time.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#43 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:12 am

I thought JFK was one the airports that screens for EBOLA?!!?!

This is getting comical. The CDC better be amending these "protocols" as we speak.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Post#44 » by ccvle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:14 am

screening doesn't work if the symptoms can still show up 21 days later.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Re: OT: I Was At The Gutter Last Night, Have a Fever *SCARED 

Post#45 » by islanders11040 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 am

AmazingJason wrote:Hey guys, I'm really f*cking scared right now. I went bowling with a couple of friends last night at The Gutter in Williamsburg. I was fine for most of today, but I started to get a little dizzy a couple of hours ago. It's been rainy and chilly at night the past couple of nights, so I figured it was just the changing weather. But then I saw a breaking news alert at MSN that someone in NYC contracted Ebola. I read some articles, and saw that he was at the same f*cking alley as me. I vaguely recognize him as a guy that may have been in the restroom with me when I was washing hands.

I just tested myself with a digital thermometer and it says I'm at 100.2. WTF should I do? Should I go straight to the ER? It's not that far away, like a 10-minute walk, but I don't want to potentially spread it. Do I call 911? Isn't there some guy who's in charge of this sh*t? I'm really scared because I had dinner with my mom and sister three hours ago and we didn't use any serving utensils. I can't believe this is happening right now. Everyone is going to hate me for this.

Just to make u feel better u are COMPLETELY EBOLA FREE. in terms of the current fever that u are presenting with at least. the incubation time for ebola is about 3 weeks (21 days). Yes, not everyone is the same and there have been some cases where clinical symptoms have presented within a week, but having symptoms from ebola in 24 hours is impossible. Rest up and feel better. dont be worried.

Im a 3rd year med student whose been doing clinical rotations in a hospital for the past 4 months. ive attended many lectures on ebola over the past few weeks and what to look for in patients. (doctor said that there have been known cases of reporters faking symptoms to check to see if we properly screen for ebola lol)
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#46 » by DimesandKnicks » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 am

Nigeria doesn't give a eff about ebola
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,936

Post#47 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:29 am

AmazingJason wrote:Hey guys, I'm really f*cking scared right now. I went bowling with a couple of friends last night at The Gutter in Williamsburg. I was fine for most of today, but I started to get a little dizzy a couple of hours ago. It's been rainy and chilly at night the past couple of nights, so I figured it was just the changing weather. But then I saw a breaking news alert at MSN that someone in NYC contracted Ebola. I read some articles, and saw that he was at the same f*cking alley as me. I vaguely recognize him as a guy that may have been in the restroom with me when I was washing hands.

I just tested myself with a digital thermometer and it says I'm at 100.2. WTF should I do? Should I go straight to the ER? It's not that far away, like a 10-minute walk, but I don't want to potentially spread it. Do I call 911? Isn't there some guy who's in charge of this sh*t? I'm really scared because I had dinner with my mom and sister three hours ago and we didn't use any serving utensils. I can't believe this is happening right now. Everyone is going to hate me for this.

your time traveler homie didn't tell you what to do?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#48 » by kane2021 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:22 am

The worst possible thing that can happen is Ebola in nyc. I wonder if he will be threatened with changes now too? Either there's a plot to get it in the states or this virus has gotten more contagious and the cdc is stumped.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using RealGM Forums mobile app

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#49 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:48 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:Time to start wearing masks on the train. I don't care if I look weird. I'd rather live.

it takes ebola for you to not care about your looks?
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#50 » by Jstarks3 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:49 am

Ron Mexico wrote:

your time traveler homie didn't tell you what to do?

chillll dude thats not him.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#51 » by emo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:57 am

Keep f*cking around and you WILL be getting a knock on your door by people in quarantine suits.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
don't panac
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#52 » by don't panac » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:58 am

it is almost impossible that you got it and that you already have symptoms, based on the regular decourse of the disease.
don't forget that it is cold/flue season. i had relatively high fever last week, it lasted just one day.

remember that the doctor was asymptomatic when at the bowling alley, so he shouldn't be infective.
incubation time is 2-21 days, so after 1 day would be very unlikely you have symptoms, especially if you were to get it from one who was not or barely symptomatic.
to explain better, the incubation time depends on many variables. One is viral load. if you get heavy exposure from someone with high viral load (fully symptomatic, vomitig, hemorrhage), then that will shorten the incubation time.
the guy was asymptomaitc, so his viral load was still low. unless he gave you a transfusion, i doubt you would get it.

that said, they did close the bowling alley, and individual reactions can vary significantly from the 'average' (for example, max incubation time is said to be 21 days, but that only apply to 95-98% of patients. for the remaining 2-5% is up to 42 days).
i think the number to call is probably 311 (rather than 911) is probably unnecessary, but not unreasonable.
as a minimum they'll keep you monitored for a few days
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#53 » by emo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:00 am

I've dodged HIV & AIDS this long going raw on these disloyal hoes, Ebola ain't gonna be the one to take me down.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Post#54 » by ccvle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 am

Someone posted this in the off topic thread. want to share it for a good laugh.

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#55 » by Phish Tank » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:10 am

I'm surprised the mavs have not quarantined tyson yet

Sent from the mind of world peace
don't panac
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#56 » by don't panac » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 am

vdfebduderocks wrote:I'm surprised the mavs have not quarantined tyson yet

Sent from the mind of world peace

he is good.
his blood is already completely packed with viruses of all kind.
there isn't any space left for even a single copy of the tiny ebola.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,611

Post#57 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:17 am

Guys, guys, why don't we just all relax, huh?

Free Palestine
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#58 » by Fury » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 am

emo wrote:I've dodged HIV & AIDS this long going raw on these disloyal hoes, Ebola ain't gonna be the one to take me down.

Quadruple H
Senior
And1: 200

Post#59 » by Quadruple H » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:34 am

Fury wrote:
emo wrote:I've dodged HIV & AIDS this long going raw on these disloyal hoes, Ebola ain't gonna be the one to take me down.

Lol I stared intently at that pic after reading that quote too
IstoleUrfridge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#60 » by IstoleUrfridge » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:34 am

This Ebola outbreak has certainly showed just how selfish of a country we are. Nobody give a sh*t about the damn virus until it gets here. Its like most things in the world...it ain't my damn problem until it becomes your problem. People in the states here act like we have an inhearite right to seperate ourselves from the other side of world. We share this Earth with EVERYONE. We need to stop the witch hunt against the people who go over there to help. I think its great the guy went over there to help fight the virus. The government as we speak are working getting the screening process better of returning people from Africa.

I can't really formulate my idea's this late in the night...but you get the idea. Every country needs to step up to the plate and help the situation in Africa.

Return to New York Knicks