ImageImageImageImageImage

NYC Doctor tests positive for Ebola Virus

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Re: NYC Doctor tests positive for Ebola Virus 

Post#81 » by ITGM » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:07 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:He lives 7 blocks north and 2 blocks west of me... Made the gym check to see if he was a member... My girlfriend is terrified

NY Made

BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,952

Post#82 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 pm

IstoleUrfridge wrote:This Ebola outbreak has certainly showed just how selfish of a country we are. Nobody give a sh*t about the damn virus until it gets here. Its like most things in the world...it ain't my damn problem until it becomes your problem. People in the states here act like we have an inhearite right to seperate ourselves from the other side of world. We share this Earth with EVERYONE. We need to stop the witch hunt against the people who go over there to help. I think its great the guy went over there to help fight the virus. The government as we speak are working getting the screening process better of returning people from Africa.

I can't really formulate my idea's this late in the night...but you get the idea. Every country needs to step up to the plate and help the situation in Africa.

he speaks the truth...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#83 » by AmazingJason » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:31 pm

**UPDATE**

I checked into the ER last night, spoke to the triage nurse about my situation, and they did not take the situation lightly. Since it was a city hospital, I half-expected them to, in which case I would have left. I wasn't going to wait 4 hours in the ER.

I was led into an "isolation unit" by 2 nurses. They were not wearing hazmat suits, but they were covered head-to-toe with a gown, gloves, and a large facial mask. The unit wasn't large; it was only slightly larger than my bathroom. After a wait of about 30 minutes, a doctor came in and performed a routine examination and asked me various questions about the incident and my symptoms. I had taken some Tylenol prior to leaving my apartment, and my temperature measured out to 99.8. She left and said she would return shortly. Another 20 minutes passed, and she returned with a superior. They explained to me that they contacted a branch of the CDC that is working in our state around-the-clock specifically for situations such as this, and they said that based on the facts presented that it is impossible for me to have Ebola and that I likely just have a cold. They gave me some fever medicine, had me sign some forms, and I was officially discharged. The lady commended for being brave enough to come in.

As an aside, the female doctor was actually really cute. I don't know what got into me; perhaps it was her compliment or the emotional charge of the entire situation, but as I was leaving, I decided to turn around, go to her and ask if I could have a moment to speak. I told her that I normally don't ever do this, but I thought that she was cute, she was awesome through this ordeal, and that I wanted to take her out and get to know her. Her cheeks turned bright red. She said she was really flattered, but she spoke about how she just started there, and how she has to exercise good ethics and professional judgement. I persisted though, saying that I thought that she gave off an impression that she was nice, positive and down-to-earth, that it's hard to find those sorts of people in New York, and that I would love to pursue a friendship. She relented and gave me her e-mail.

I picked up some ginger on the way home, made some ginger tea, and an hour later, most of my symptoms were gone. Picked up some Halal food to celebrate, and watched the latest episode of Walking Dead, which was great. All in all, it was a phenomenal night.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#84 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:48 pm

@drsanjaygupta: NY & NJ health departments order 21-day quarantine for all returning health care workers who've had direct contact with Ebola patients

Lolz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to New York Knicks