ImageImageImageImageImage

Galloway and Vandenberg Waived

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Re: Galloway and Vandenberg Waived 

Post#21 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:16 pm

The New York Knicks are strongly considering parting ways with veteran forward Travis Outlaw, league sources told ESPNNewYork.com on Saturday.

Outlaw is owed $3 million this season. If the Knicks released him, they would still owe him his full salary. They also could dump him on another team via a trade.

Getting rid of Outlaw would open up a roster spot for another player. There is a possibility that spot would be filled by Travis Wear.

Wear, whom the Knicks signed to a non-guaranteed deal, impressed the team in training camp and the preseason.

The Knicks announced Saturday that they waived center Jordan Vandenberg and point guard Langston Galloway. Both players are expected to play in Westchester with the Knicks' D-league affiliate.

Orlando Sanchez, waived earlier this week, is expected to play in Westchester as well.

It was widely expected Wear would end up in Westchester, too. If the Knicks get rid of Outlaw -- eating $3 million in the process -- to keep Wear, it's a sign the organization is committed under Phil Jackson to developing young talent, regardless of the financial cost.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks ... &rand=ref~
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#22 » by GardenFaith » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm

I am a fan of Outlaw as a steady backup but i believe in the system more and i think Wear really gets it and deserves a place on this roster.

Like i said earlier Travis has being one of the top 5 players in preseason.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#23 » by Besart19 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:11 pm

What has happened with Outlaw's conditioning and speed?!
Strength and Honour!
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#24 » by GardenFaith » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Besart19 wrote:What has happened with Outlaw's conditioning and speed?!

He had one hand and one foot nailed to the bench...

Return to New York Knicks