ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's talk Hardaway JR.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Re: Let's talk Hardaway JR. 

Post#41 » by blueNorange » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:25 pm

Workforce250 wrote:Timmy is Fisher's project I'm sure. Outside of Melo, he has the best shot on the team, but Fisher is going to round out his game.
1. Timmy is young and very teachable.
2. Already is gifted.

best shot how?

he was a poor shooter in college, and was a poor shooter last year after coming back down to earth(remember he shot 48% for the first 30-35 games.)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#42 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:54 pm

The one thing that's clear is that this team doesn't need 3 shooting guards. So ideally, come December 15 (Jackson's so called "I shall not trade before" date) let's hope that some one is moved where the Knicks can either (based on how they are at that time) future assets or a better fit.

There are valid reasons to keep each of the 3 and valid reasons to trade each of the 3...but the thing again that's clear is that you absolutely do not need all 3 of them. I would be upset if the Knicks still have all 3 of them on the team by the trade deadline.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#43 » by BugginOut » Fri Nov 7, 2014 11:25 pm

Well Hardaway's starting so I guess, Fisher is getting what I'm saying :rocking:

We'll see how he does tonight
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#44 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2014 11:55 pm

THjr will get more time when he stops sucking balls on defense

Im impressed with his shooting and pleased he's started driving a little more

however its inexplicable to me how often he helps off his player without effect. For example he will leave his player on the three and take 3 steps in towards the paint on the weak side. he can't help defend there and he isn't playing a passing lane. So often a player will drive and dish to his man who he then has to run out to meet at the three. Too late. Smith and Amare do this too though Amare does it inside, he plays the nonexistent pass and lets people go to the basket unopposed.

But THjr is young and smart. He just needs to unlearn his horrible selfish habits on D

He's out best open court player and our best three point shooter
he needs playing time but he can't become Steve Novak
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#45 » by Greenie » Sat Nov 8, 2014 12:03 am

god shammgod wrote:timmy shouldn't play over anyone. there are 2 shooting guards and 3 points who are better then him. they're trying to win games, they have to play the best players.

I hate Shump like you hate Timmy 8-)
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#46 » by god shammgod » Sat Nov 8, 2014 12:05 am

greenhughes wrote:
god shammgod wrote:timmy shouldn't play over anyone. there are 2 shooting guards and 3 points who are better then him. they're trying to win games, they have to play the best players.

yeah but i make more sense :lol:
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#47 » by Greenie » Sat Nov 8, 2014 12:14 am

god shammgod wrote:
greenhughes wrote:

yeah but i make more sense :lol:

Only in your world.
Join the hate movement. :nod:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#48 » by blueNorange » Sat Nov 8, 2014 12:20 am

David Blaine wrote:Well Hardaway's starting so I guess, Fisher is getting what I'm saying :rocking:

We'll see how he does tonight

you think it doesn't have to do with Larkin being the only pg available?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#49 » by Bklyn&company » Sat Nov 8, 2014 12:40 am

Well fisher heard me today... I rather JR and Shump starting with THJr coming off the bench. Im cheering our young back court on.... Lets Go Knick. RipHam, RMiller etc weren't the greatest rebounders also... THJr will learn on the fly, throw him in the fire and let him learn. Learning has to be this year because it can't be next year
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#50 » by moocow007 » Sat Nov 8, 2014 3:26 pm

If they are not going to start Larkin, I would start Smith with Shumpert personally. You need the two best ball handlers/passers out there and that's Smith and Shumpert. And each of them needs to be more aggressive attacking the basket and the opposing defense as they will have mismatches. Right now it's too much east west pointless passing for the sake of passing.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#51 » by BugginOut » Sat Nov 8, 2014 7:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:If they are not going to start Larkin, I would start Smith with Shumpert personally. You need the two best ball handlers/passers out there and that's Smith and Shumpert. And each of them needs to be more aggressive attacking the basket and the opposing defense as they will have mismatches. Right now it's too much east west pointless passing for the sake of passing.

But who is going to save our second unit. Having Larkin, Tim and Amare out there at the same time would kill us
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#52 » by R-DAWG » Sat Nov 8, 2014 7:04 pm

I like Tim a lot, but I don't see him being much more than a heat check guy off the bench. Having said that, Jason Terry and Jamal Crawford have had great career's in that role, with Terry turning the 2011 finals in Dallas favor.

Return to New York Knicks