ImageImageImageImageImage

Countdown to NBA Draft: Prospect Talk

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Re: College Thread AKA Prospect Watch 

Post#3481 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:28 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:Has Kentucky played inferior in-conference competition than Duke has? You answered yes. I don't see why you would have to do anything when I already proved my point and you agreed with it.

Manhattan Project wrote:At the end of the day both the ACC and SEC will have six teams in the tournament right?

Yet to get an answer.

ibraheim718 wrote:You're a little freaking baby. You can't have an adult conversation so you want to get funny. I told you that I was done talking with you a while ago and you can't stay off my jock in multiple different threads trying to engage me in conversation now you want to end the conversation after your 300th passive aggressive bitchy little post in the past week? :lol:

You can't handle the fact that I don't share the same views as you do when it comes to Towns and Cousins... me I could give two fuq's what you think.

Again which threads are these? Let's not stray from the point here. You're so busy and don't got time for this, yet we can bicker back and forth for quite some time, yet you're to busy to find a single thread?

ibraheim718 wrote:
:lol: Partner you're really taking this stuff seriously. I remember there were a couple of threads where you quoted me after we had our last run in where I told you I was done with you... and I'm sitting there thinking why in the F is this dude quoting me.. surely I made myself clear... and then it happened again. So I'm thinking maybe this is MP's way of extending an olive branch.. I never had a problem with you until just recently and I'm a forgiving person so I was like.. eh.. he must like talking basketball with me. :lol:

Now you want to question my manhood? :lol: You want to know what I've been doing all day and for the last 3 months? You want to know how much of a man I am?

Seriously? In the words of ibraheim718 this is funny to me. We can't talk basketball anymore because of this little tiff? Whatever. I don't think is going to hamper my realgm relationship with anyone who disagrees with me. God forbid a message forum that there's someone who doesn't agree with my on everything.

You painted me as someone who can't stay off your jock no?
Someone who makes passive aggressive bitchy posts.
Someone who takes this way to seriously.
Insert whatever else was used to back pedal.

I'm just saying it's funny because you simply can't answer ONE SIMPLE QUESTION. Just say you were mistaken or wrong at least. I mean we're talking about a single thread. That's what this is about, one simple thread that may or may not exist.

What was I wrong about? Ask me your questions in one simple unquoted post and I'll answer them for you.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#3482 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:32 am

ibraheim718 wrote:What was I wrong about? Ask me your questions in one simple unquoted post and I'll answer them for you.

ibraheim718 wrote:You're a little freaking baby. You can't have an adult conversation so you want to get funny. I told you that I was done talking with you a while ago and you can't stay off my jock in multiple different threads trying to engage me in conversation now you want to end the conversation after your 300th passive aggressive bitchy little post in the past week? :lol:

You can't handle the fact that I don't share the same views as you do when it comes to Towns and Cousins... me I could give two fuq's what you think.

Again which threads are these? Let's not stray from the point here. You're so busy and don't got time for this, yet we can bicker back and forth for quite some time, yet you're to busy to find a single thread?

Or is this one to many quotes as well?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#3483 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:37 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:What was I wrong about? Ask me your questions in one simple unquoted post and I'll answer them for you.

Or is this one to many quotes as well?

Here are 3 different instances where I posted something and you quoted me trying to engage me in conversation after our last falling out where I told you that there really wasn't any reason for us to go back and forth anymore. 3 is good enough to say multiple to me.

This question wasn't posed to you.

Re: PMFJ faces tampering fine re D'Angelo Russell
Post#86 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:53 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Who you got pharmact or Doc Zaius? Go..

Easily Doc, that's not even a close one. I actually prefer the cheap jersey and very nice quality over Pharm but it's hard to tell the difference because all their post are the same.

Post#2555 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:11 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Okafor very unimpressive tonight.

Actually I was impressed to see him play on a gimpy ankle for a whole half without rest. He showed me some character and heart.

I would like to think that playing against UNC is part of the reason he's in this game. This is one of the main reasons you go to play at UNC or Duke. This game is one of the better rivalries in college basketball and it's his only chance to ever play in it at Duke. Didn't see the second half, but I just turned it back on, he's still limping. Kudos to him if he made an impact in the second half.

Re: BAT 12.0 - Discussion Thread - everyone put email and picks in SIG
Post#487 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:16 am

ibraheim718 wrote:

I gave up my spot because I'd only really be able to post when the sun isn't out.

Same here, but I think it's shame on people not to be able to make a list. I thought Id have to be defending my pick when I got home today, nevertheless that's not the case.

Now me saying you were jocking me is tongue in cheek... if saying that hit you hard.. I'm sorry. I'll be a little more sensitive with you because you're generally a nice guy. Although I'm still going to avoid any Towns V. Okafor debates and Boogie debates with you.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#3484 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:42 am

HAHAHAHHAHA that's being on your jock?
I was never even aware that you were done with me.

Kudos. Going forward I'll make sure you don't post in a thread first so I don't attempt to be following you. I'm sorry for the stalking, sometimes I usually don't know the line unless I'm getting pepper sprayed or the taser comes out. Feel free to send me the psychiatrist bill.

To all others I've ever quoted, I deeply apologize as I was unaware of my actions.
Good night.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#3485 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:46 am

Manhattan Project wrote:HAHAHAHHAHA that's being on your jock?
I was never even aware that you were done with me.

Kudos. Going forward I'll make sure you don't post in a thread first so I don't attempt to be following you. I'm sorry for the stalking, sometimes I usually don't know the line unless I'm getting pepper sprayed or the taser comes out. Feel free to send me the psychiatrist bill.

To all others I've ever quoted, I deeply apologize as I was unaware of my actions.
Good night.

Better question.. can I send you the weed bill?

But make no mistake.. the SEC isn't as good as the ACC. The rest of what was said were theatrics to entertain Shammgod. I don't see why you would take them as gospel.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Post#3486 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:48 am

DickGrayson wrote:who would you guys compare Justise Winslow to?

Not sure. Bonzi Wells? Im not a big fan.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#3487 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:49 am

moocow007 wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:who would you guys compare Justise Winslow to?

Not sure. Bonzi Wells? Im not a big fan.

How about Odom when he was at URi?
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#3488 » by Wonderllama » Thu Mar 5, 2015 7:16 am

D'Angelo Russell is so exciting. He's the kind of player you would pay to see. It would be nice to draft a sure thing for once...
Obi-One
Analyst
And1: 1,963

Post#3489 » by Obi-One » Thu Mar 5, 2015 7:20 am

Russell reminds me of Harden. He has great handles, that quick lefty release, and fills the stat sheet with assists and rebounds.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#3490 » by Worst_to_First » Thu Mar 5, 2015 7:46 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
waya wrote:
aq_ua wrote:He definitely looks like most pro-ready, which is usually the case for guards. I would not be surprised at all if he's the rookie of the year. Having an opportunity to draft a bigman like Towns, though, is just incredibly hard to resist.

I honestly don't know who I would choose anymore. I keep flip flopping after seeing one of them play, seeing some new advanced stat, reading your guys' posts. I'm excited at the prospect of drafting any one of them tbh

Okafor and Russell can carry an offense on their own and to a lesser extent Mudiay if he was on a team with athletes that can run. We need someone that can do that should Melo go down or as his minutes decrease.. that's the way I look at it.. but I'd also be thrilled with Karl Towns also but drafting him would just make free agency that much more important.

I agree with your points here totally but we also need in a very bad way someone who can carry our defense maybe a lot more than someone to carry our offense. This is the reason I am intrigued with the thought of drafting Karl-Anthony Towns and why I am on the fence as to who between him and Jahlil Okafor should be the guy for us. I also have to admit that landing D'Angelo Russell would also be nice.
beasonu
Starter
And1: 830

Post#3491 » by beasonu » Thu Mar 5, 2015 8:02 am

Statrax wrote:Russell reminds me of Harden. He has great handles, that quick lefty release, and fills the stat sheet with assists and rebounds.

haden wasn't even close to russells level in college

harden was a legit slasher in college that played as a winger. i knew he was going to be a stud in the NBA but not at this level. its amazing how far hes come

this is why i see him as mix of harden/curry

russell doesnt look anything at all to be james hardens height. pretty crazy how he's 6'5" i dont see it :lol:
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#3492 » by AllanH20 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 8:25 am

People are sleeping on Winslow, it looks like he was playing injured earlier on in the year. He's been playing well lately.

As for the Russell, Harden comps...Russell is no where near as strong as Harden is. Harden was also stronger in college. Curry is really the one that comes to mind for me right away.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#3493 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu Mar 5, 2015 1:23 pm

Dudes act like this is a big man's game. It's not. This infatuition with Towns is ridiculous because this is a guard orientated league. We need guards that can penetrating and dish and look to score at the same time. Towns does alot of things well but his development is going to take longer than the guards that will be available. We're talking about 3-4 years. While a guard can contribute from day one.
If Russell and or Mudiay are as good as advertised. I'd take them way before I take a look at Towns. Obviously this is if Okafor isn't available.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#3494 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Mar 5, 2015 1:52 pm

Jahlil Okafor has 1 game remaining in his regular season...

In 29 games, he's averaging 18 and 9 on 66% shooting.

That's insane.

People are really glossing over his dominance on the offense to pick at his defense.

I don't think people understand just how good he is on the block.
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
Milk
Rookie
And1: 2,326

Post#3495 » by Milk » Thu Mar 5, 2015 2:55 pm

3 new russell highlight videos released by 'Gangis KongMixes' today!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2HGXhysqZM[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8rDHMz2os[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVlouQkFFbg[/youtube]
(his Ohio State debut)
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#3496 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:17 pm

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. WCS
Milk
Rookie
And1: 2,326

Post#3497 » by Milk » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:36 pm

Okafor is still #1 for me, I really want him on the team.
Would be ok if we got Rusell or Towns as a consolation prize tho.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#3498 » by E-Balla » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:54 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:Dudes act like this is a big man's game. It's not. This infatuition with Towns is ridiculous because this is a guard orientated league. We need guards that can penetrating and dish and look to score at the same time. Towns does alot of things well but his development is going to take longer than the guards that will be available. We're talking about 3-4 years. While a guard can contribute from day one.
If Russell and or Mudiay are as good as advertised. I'd take them way before I take a look at Towns. Obviously this is if Okafor isn't available.

This is still a big man's game. There's just no more great bigs but we all saw how much Dwight dominated just 4-5 years ago and he has a very basic post game. When Cousins had his head on straight he had the Kings winning and Davis is 2 years away from owning the league.

Trust me anyone that misses on Towns or Okafor will regret the decision for a long time (as good as Russell will be - proabably a superstar - they will be better).
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,083

Post#3499 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:58 pm

Wonderllama wrote:D'Angelo Russell is so exciting. He's the kind of player you would pay to see. It would be nice to draft a sure thing for once...

Russell is no more a sure thing than anyone else is. If he was he'd be the consensus no.1 pick cause you have Okafors defensive concerns and Towns raw-ness.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,691

Post#3500 » by Fat » Thu Mar 5, 2015 4:02 pm

Milk wrote:3 new russell highlight videos released by 'Gangis KongMixes' today!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2HGXhysqZM[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8rDHMz2os[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVlouQkFFbg[/youtube]
(his Ohio State debut)

:nod:
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to New York Knicks