ImageImageImageImageImage

Post-Game comments on BARGS by Trautwig/Hahn/Wally

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Post-Game comments on BARGS by Trautwig/Hahn/Wally 

Post#41 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:12 am

Johnny Hoops wrote:Anyone catch the part of post-game where Trautwig basically came out and said -- "where the heck is Andre Bargnarni - when are we going to see him, there have been no updates -- it's been 6 weeks".

Wally and Hahn were basically like -- "we have no idea - no updates".

I've got a couple of thoughts on this.....

- it's the worst hammy injury in history
- Bargs and his agent told the Knicks -- my client doesn't want to play for you
- The Knicks (Phil/Fish) don't want BARGS around the rest of the team (chemistry?)
- Melo told Phil/Fish -- keep BARGS the hell away from this team
- Knicks are fearful he will hurt himself and are holding him out until 12/15 with hopes of packaging him in deal

Me personally I'm a BARGS guy -- think he can help if placed in right spot. Think he's definitely our 2nd best center option if not first.

I have no idea what is going on but hamstring injury's that aren't completely torn off the bone don't take this long to heal.

Same thing could almost be said about Calderon calf-injury but that hasn't been as long and calf injuries are tricky.

I would like to think it's the one bolded...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#42 » by malik959 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:16 am

"How are you feeling?" "Better and Better every day". Basicly all barg would say.
http://www.nba.com/knicks/drop-box-nykstoudemire111314msgrad.mp4
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#43 » by duetta » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:02 am

CoolKids wrote:we gave up nothing of value. Got out of Novaks contract. Lost a pick that we weren't going to have anyway. Boo hoo.

Do you see how poorly Denver is playing? It's entirely possible that they will be worse than the Knicks by next season - and hence the team wouldn't have been swapping the pick at all. And all for a guy who hadn't played a full season in a while, and whose team couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Knicks fans like you deserve this decade of incompetence.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#44 » by duetta » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:04 am

Sark wrote:The way Denver is going, they're not gonna wanna swap.

Exactly. Denver appears on self-destruct mission.
whysoserious488
Sixth Man
And1: 621

Post#45 » by whysoserious488 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:14 am

I truly hate this guy with a passion, what a puss. Collecting $11 mill this season to do nothing, this on the heels of missing the 2nd half of last season. We traded a freakin first round pick for this guy. What a disaster it's been.
Damas
Starter
And1: 1,923

Post#46 » by Damas » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:19 am

whysoserious488 wrote:I truly hate this guy with a passion, what a puss. Collecting $11 mill this season to do nothing, this on the heels of missing the 2nd half of last season. We traded a freakin first round pick for this guy. What a disaster it's been.

A part of me wants to dig up the Bargs trade thread and post gifs laughing at all the people who said he would be viable player who would help the Knicks. But alas I know I would suspended immediately and so I won't go there.

People actually thought the trade was good and that this was a positive. Oh how those poor bastards must be punching the wall in frustration because of their asinine remarks.
mamadontcry
Senior
And1: 342

Post#47 » by mamadontcry » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:45 am

Johnny Hoops wrote:Anyone catch the part of post-game where Trautwig basically came out and said -- "where the heck is Andre Bargnarni - when are we going to see him, there have been no updates -- it's been 6 weeks".

- The Knicks (Phil/Fish) don't want BARGS around the rest of the team (chemistry?)
- Knicks are fearful he will hurt himself and are holding him out until 12/15 with hopes of packaging him in deal

another could be that Acy is better than Bargnani if you pay attention to RealGM , maybe the FO is reading as well, who knows.
#Phil The Master
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,934

Post#48 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Lol same guys calling him a pussy will be riding his jock this year when the team looks significantly better with him in the lineup...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,934

Post#49 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:59 pm

mamadontcry wrote:

another could be that Acy is better than Bargnani if you pay attention to RealGM , maybe the FO is reading as well, who knows.
listen quincy acy will never be as good as Bargnano...we had an Acy type a couple years ago Turiaf...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
kingquan316
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,341

Post#50 » by kingquan316 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:06 pm

knicks85 wrote:Lol same guys calling him a pussy will be riding his jock this year when the team looks significantly better with him in the lineup...

Use "if", cause he has not shown anything in his stint with the knicks that proves he is going to make the team better.
Logicjbr
Rookie
And1: 86

Post#51 » by Logicjbr » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:07 pm

duetta wrote:
CoolKids wrote:we gave up nothing of value. Got out of Novaks contract. Lost a pick that we weren't going to have anyway. Boo hoo.

Do you see how poorly Denver is playing? It's entirely possible that they will be worse than the Knicks by next season - and hence the team wouldn't have been swapping the pick at all. And all for a guy who hadn't played a full season in a while, and whose team couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Knicks fans like you deserve this decade of incompetence.

would've could've should've.

I personally, do understand the logic (at the time) for this trade.

Most of the old bigs from the prior season were gone. Wanted to keep the "spread the floor" theme and give Melo a stretch 4 - where Bargs softness wouldn't come into play. Bargs is a decent offensive guy and it could've worked - but it didn't. A part of life. I hated the trade at first because of the first rounder as well. Knicks planned on being good - so regardless of Denver's swap intentions, that pick was supposed to be a late first rounder. So after further review, its not a big loss. We can always sign a veteran, role player that would make more sense in a contending team than a rookie after next season, when hopefully we are knocking on the championship door.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#52 » by Johnny Hoops » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:04 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

Me personally I'm a BARGS guy -- think he can help if placed in right spot. Think he's definitely our 2nd best center option if not first.

I have no idea what is going on but hamstring injury's that aren't completely torn off the bone don't take this long to heal.

Same thing could almost be said about Calderon calf-injury but that hasn't been as long and calf injuries are tricky.

I would like to think it's the one bolded...

I tend to agree with you -- I just don't buy that he isn't fully ready to test a hammy after 6 blanking weeks.
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#53 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:31 pm

whysoserious488 wrote:I truly hate this guy with a passion, what a puss. Collecting $11 mill this season to do nothing, this on the heels of missing the 2nd half of last season. We traded a freakin first round pick for this guy. What a disaster it's been.

Hate the front office that acquired this guy. If your job overpaid you would you turn it down? The Raptors must have thought they were dreaming when not only did we take this clown off their hands but even threw in a 1st round pick!
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#54 » by MelosSoreWrist » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:00 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Johnny Hoops wrote:Another thought is that the Knicks are trying to showcase STAT in order to deal him -- the way STAT has been working hard on D (yes I said it) and on the boards -- maybe he's been told --- STAT work hard and we'll try our best to move you.

Maybe theory is - you can't play them both (Bargs/Stat) together -- so build up STAT moving him for nothing and then BARGS comes back.

No idea - very weird.

Who would want STAT for nothing though?
Philly has cap space but they are tanking.
Who has a matching expiring contract that would make a "win now" move for an overpaid guy on his last year?

STAT is in his contract year/expiring.

NY probably wont trade STAT for unwanted players with longer contracts. Teams trading for STAT would not depart with wanted players for STAT.

So pretty much the only trade with STAT I can see happening is, some contending team matches STATs expiring with their own unwanted expirings and adds a pick or two. Thats a difficult match.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#55 » by GONYK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:02 pm

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Johnny Hoops wrote:Another thought is that the Knicks are trying to showcase STAT in order to deal him -- the way STAT has been working hard on D (yes I said it) and on the boards -- maybe he's been told --- STAT work hard and we'll try our best to move you.

Maybe theory is - you can't play them both (Bargs/Stat) together -- so build up STAT moving him for nothing and then BARGS comes back.

No idea - very weird.

Who has a matching expiring contract that would make a "win now" move for an overpaid guy on his last year?

NY probably wont trade STAT for unwanted players with longer contracts. Teams trading for STAT would not depart with wanted players for STAT.

So pretty much the only trade with STAT I can see happening is, some contending team matches STATs expiring with their own unwanted expirings and adds a pick or two. Thats a difficult match.

Nobody has $20M in non-rotation expiring players. STAT should be here until he expires. Same with Bargs.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,125

Post#56 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:30 pm

GONYK wrote:
MelosSoreWrist wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Nobody has $20M in non-rotation expiring players. STAT should be here until he expires. Same with Bargs.

Yeah agreed.
Nyphantom
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,248

Post#57 » by Nyphantom » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:42 pm

When Bargs is looking at this Knicks team and saying " Nuh-ugh, I want no part of this mess", thats when you know the team has hit rock-bottom.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#58 » by dakomish23 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:04 pm

duetta wrote:
Jheri Curl wrote:Bargs is probably done here

One of the worst trades in Knick history - and that's saying a lot.

Not according to some here. "first rd picks don't have much value outside the lottery". Moronic. Mix in the two 2nd rd picks and this deal has the CAA stench all over it. Those **** ****. Everytime we get new mgmt, they have to pay the price for the overwhelming poor judgment of Dolan and his "leaders".

Just to put in perspective, PHI traded

Evan Turner for a 2nd
Spencer Hawes for a 2nd
Thad Young for a 1st

Turner is whatever, but Young and Hawes would easily be the starters for us.

**** you CAA.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#59 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:13 pm

moocow007 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
MelosSoreWrist wrote:STAT is in his contract year/expiring.r

Yeah agreed.

Not surprising that people here with usernames over 10+ years all sharing a brain! Let the contracts expire Amen to that. Ppl on this board have to understand the ramifications of trading expiring contracts and how that will hinder Jax plan. Us Knick fans have been patient since Van Gundy called it quits. Let the plan unfold.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#60 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Don't let them expire, buy them out and free the roster spots.

Return to New York Knicks