ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Post: Metta World Peace Spoke Out On JR & Melo

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Re: NY Post: Metta World Peace Spoke Out On JR & Melo 

Post#21 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:58 pm

calling out the golden boy JR was his death sentence.

its a shame, if utilized properly he woulda been a great fit
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#22 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:10 am

his death sentence is that he can't play anymore. every team in the league could have picked him up last year when we cut him. every team in the league in the league could have picked him up in the summer. nobody did. phil jackson gave a crackhead a look this summer but wouldn't look at him. he's done.
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#23 » by FemaleDogPlease » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:19 am

Ron Arrest is a fool.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#24 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:21 am

god shammgod wrote:his death sentence is that he can't play anymore. every team in the league could have picked him up last year when we cut him. every team in the league in the league could have picked him up in the summer. nobody did. phil jackson gave a crackhead a look this summer but wouldn't look at him. he's done.

JR was suspended the first 4 games, and Woody put him in the role as a scorer off the bench. Thats not what he was good at. He should have just been used for his defense, rebounding, tougness, and as like the 4th/5th option on offense. Like a bigger/better version of Ronnie Brewer next to Melo. But Woody was committed to Bargs and let everyone do whatever they wanted on offense. That doomed the team.

Hes done now, but in the right role, he could have had some use.
Mavs
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#25 » by kane2021 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:26 am

I got respect for Ron but I think it's kinda **** up he's airing out our dirty laundry like that.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using RealGM Forums mobile app

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#26 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:39 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:his death sentence is that he can't play anymore. every team in the league could have picked him up last year when we cut him. every team in the league in the league could have picked him up in the summer. nobody did. phil jackson gave a crackhead a look this summer but wouldn't look at him. he's done.

JR was suspended the first 4 games, and Woody put him in the role as a scorer off the bench. Thats not what he was good at. He should have just been used for his defense, rebounding, tougness, and as like the 4th/5th option on offense. Like a bigger/better version of Ronnie Brewer next to Melo. But Woody was committed to Bargs and let everyone do whatever they wanted on offense. That doomed the team.

nobody put him in the role of a scorer, he just took all kinds of stupid shots. and his defense wasn't good anymore either. i was very excited he was gonna be a knick finally but it took no time at all to realize he was done. if it was just woody not using him right, why was he useful to nobody else in the league ? this is a nice sensational story but he was really let go because he was done.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#27 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:56 am

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

nobody put him in the role of a scorer, he just took all kinds of stupid shots. and his defense wasn't good anymore either. i was very excited he was gonna be a knick finally but it took no time at all to realize he was done. if it was just woody not using him right, why was he useful to nobody else in the league ? this is a nice sensational story but he was really let go because he was done.

everyone on the team took all kinds of stupid shots. i put that on the coach.

he was released in feb after rotting away on the bench. He was done by then and lost motivation. i still say he would have had some use if we just used him the right way from the beginning. I am not saying he would have been mwp of old....just that he could have provided some use as opposed to amare and bargs
Mavs
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,153

Post#28 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:07 am

With him, we probably needed to be clearer with expectations. Remember, Woodson needed vets in the locker room to keep order. I think it's very different when you have Jason Kidd and Kurt Thomas getting in your face than Metta World Peace. Maybe MWP will be welcome back under this new regime, though, but if he has a significant role on this team, we're screwed. I'd take him as a Kurt Thomas human victory cigar.

I don't like how he said all this to the media---kind of like kicking JR when JR is down (this stuff would never come out if JR was doing well. no one would care)---but it's not like I liked how the Woodson Knicks operated either.

Also, does anyone else think of that "Warriors" song Ron Artest made when they see MWP's name?
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#29 » by TheBigBoss » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:33 am

The only thing that disappoints me about this is that he didn't air Tyson's ass out too.

Also, notice how he was working with Shump this summer on the triangle and how Shump has picked it up better than just about everyone.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,814

Post#30 » by Adelheid » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:49 am

TheBigBoss wrote:The only thing that disappoints me about this is that he didn't air Tyson's ass out too.

Also, notice how he was working with Shump this summer on the triangle and how Shump has picked it up better than just about everyone.

Its easier to learn stuff when somebody is focused on tutoring just one person as opposed to teaching a group.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#31 » by GYK » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:51 am

I agree hindsight with the Knicks always make players better then they are/were.
He could have got picked up by anyone
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#32 » by GardenFaith » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:24 am

I think he would be the outspoken unofficial coach that gets in players faces on practice, I think this team needs Ron Artest again !
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#33 » by Jim Dolan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:22 pm

a mafia-like work environment at MSG with the main stooge Dolan as the Godfather, JR and Melo as his capos

good luck to Phil
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,758

Post#34 » by YouthMovement » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:02 pm

metta played terribly for us.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#35 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Well, that's nothing revolutionary as Metta was put out to pasture, Shump was put in a dog house, Beno rode the bench for JR's stupidity, Lin was not re-signed, K-Mart was muzzled, and Mike Woodson did EVERY THING to keep things quiet...hiding the reality that is coddling players NEVER works. His boys Felton and Melo could do no wrong. He apologized for JR until the dog bit his own master.

Remember very vividly the fist fight between the Mariners and Yankees in '96 back when Jeter and A-Rod were tight. OF Chad Curtis didn't hesitate to point out that Jeter stood alongside A-Rod chatting away while both benches emptied and got real. In other words, where do your allegiances lie cause you're not above us. Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez called out ANY player who wasn't hustling.

You NEED that locker room presence.

While I see the talent of Melo, it's CLEAR as day...he's not a leader and he likes being treated a certain way.
mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#36 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Metta's just not that good anymore...really haven't liked him since he left Houston. That's the primary reason why he wasn't brought back/seriously considered. But really, calling out players should be the coach's job. Not surprising Metta had to be the one calling dude's out.

Although it is sad re-reflecting on the fact that our "veteran leadership" needs veteran leadership...
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#37 » by Newyorknick94 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Is shump playing?
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
RealGM
And1: 39,213

Post#38 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm glad he aired JR and Melo out. And it just underscores how unfair Woody was in his treatment of players by riding guys like Ron and Shump while refusing to hold Melo, Jr, and Felton accountable.

Anyone who doesn't support what Ron is saying is misguided. Why should he respect the code of silence or loyalty to any of these dudes or Woody or the team? They are the direct reason he isn't here anymore.

I distinctly remember an article from last year where Woody told Ron he didn't want him to be a leader or a voice in the locker room. That's when Ron's agent recommended he ask for the buyout.

Bottom line Woody threw Mike D'Antoni (whom I don't even like) - who hired him - under the bus for not holding players accountable then he turns around 1.5 years later and let's the inmates run the asylum again. I got no problem with Ron making that point apparent.

And ironically Woody got a beef with his ex-assistant Larry Drew who he claims got him fired so he can take over and get his job. Well Woody badmouthing pringles in a roundabout way for not holding players accountable then running a country club atmosphere shortly thereafter is just as slimey.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,213

Post#39 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:20 pm

And by the way, I miss those leaning/fading to the side, 3pt. attempts from the corner that became Ron's hallmark during his short time with us.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#40 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:32 pm

idk, this was the highlight of MWP moments as a New York Knick.....

MWP: "I'd play here for free".....then signs a deal for two years using the mid level excption. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks