ImageImageImageImageImage

The Long Wait Soon Comes To An End!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,020

Re: The Long Wait Soon Comes To An End! 

Post#81 » by GONYK » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:08 pm

I think Bargs will be a good fit, but I'm expecting a slowish start from him. A bad game or three while he finds his bearings in the system.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,945

Post#82 » by Capn'O » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:28 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:He'll be fine in the offense. On a team that already struggles with team defense, he's going to hurt.

as long as he takes Jason Smith's minutes I don't think it will matter.

Bargs is a solid one on one defender but his help defense is pure crap. However Jason Smith is a terrible help defender also.

But Bargs is a 10 times better offensive player. He is even a better mid range shooter and can actually put the ball on the floor and get to the line.

I don't see bargs coming back as a problem as long as he is taking Jason Smith's minutes and not Acy's or Dalemberts minutes as those are are only two bigs that play some resemblance of defense.

Fair points. Bargs is a little sturdier than Smith for sure. The Bargs/Amare lineups are, of course, also disasters but that has been true of Amar'e/Smith lineups.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,214

Post#83 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:34 pm

guess Bargs will have to start? since Amare/Bargs off the bench together is a disaster

then guess it will have to either be Cole or Acy next to Amare.

Our bigs are such a mess.

personally, i'd just start Acy every game and sit bargs or amare. but then again a good pick would be nice. none of this probably even matters anyway.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#84 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Very fitting that a hapless player comes back vs a hapless team.
MDDN48
Senior
And1: 165

Post#85 » by MDDN48 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:44 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
MDDN48 wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:Those Jumpers that Acy and Jason Smith gets. Bargani are going to bang those effortlessly.

Exactly what I was thinking! Hope it showcases his crazy midrange game, and keeps him off the arc.

I am definitely intrigued. :nod:

I mean that's nice and all. But did you guys actually watch him last season? Midrange shots are the most momentum-stalling form of offense. I would rather he drives inside and tried to posterize every play. He may only last 1 game, but those 8 ftas would be lovely.

So, his dribble penetration game is better than his mid range game? Oh ok.. :crazy:
"DARE TO BE GREAT"

COMPANY MERCH: http://jam3productions.bigcartel.com/
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#86 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:46 pm

GONYK wrote:I think Bargs will be a good fit, but I'm expecting a slowish start from him. A bad game or three while he finds his bearings in the system.

so pretty much the same as every year

few bad games, a few good ones, injury, set back, rinse, repeat
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,899

Post#87 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:54 pm

MDDN48 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
MDDN48 wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking! Hope it showcases his crazy midrange game, and keeps him off the arc.

I am definitely intrigued. :nod:

I mean that's nice and all. But did you guys actually watch him last season? Midrange shots are the most momentum-stalling form of offense. I would rather he drives inside and tried to posterize every play. He may only last 1 game, but those 8 ftas would be lovely.

So, his dribble penetration game is better than his mid range game? Oh ok.. :crazy:

Bargnani's mid range shot will be something that teams will live with. Think of momentum. When a guy misses that mid-range shot it kills the energy. Usually it is a long rebound and starts a fast break for the other team. Three pointers are worth 150% of that midrange shot so they are more worth the risk. Mid-range face up shooters do not generate free throws. In todays NBA he who owns the ft line owns the game. Jimmy Butler is becoming a star in the league because he takes 13.6 shots a game and gets 8 fta's a game. Mid range is a good weapon to have in an arsenal, but you want to be scoring the bulk of your points in today's NBA from the paint or from 3 point range.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#88 » by dakomish23 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:58 am

LifeLongKNICK wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Hope they use him at C. Too fat and slow to play against today's PF. He can guard in the post and can help on the weak side. Actually had better post D than Chandler last yr IMO. Also, he's still a decent enough mid range threat to do well against opposing centers in the triangle.

What has Dolan reduced me too? Focusing on how Bargs will be a strong player.

#July2015burnthisbitchdown

fat and slow? with woodson last season and his switch happy madness how many times did we see bargs guarding pg's and sg's who got nothing on him unless it was a ridiculous jumper over him.

what i saw when he was healthy was he played well and gave elite bigs the fits.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfgZX92cKg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

This is a gag post rt? You almost had me reacting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=07DjA1g6Ngg

I said he could play traditional C's in the post. You're making up this world where he turned into KG locking down guards on the perimeter. Good gawd what has this poor start done to some ppl?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,923

Post#89 » by JN » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:12 am

mugzi wrote:Image

You just need to add a picture of Calderon on the other side.
Logicjbr
Rookie
And1: 86

Post#90 » by Logicjbr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:56 am

drekwins wrote:Isn't there a qualification that you must meet in order to be classified as a threat?

He shoots in the low 40% range...

That's not a threat. That's a defenses best friend.

Everyone sounds like Al Davis. They are so enamored that a 7 footer can move somewhat well and make somewhat long distance shots. However, he can't do it efficiently. He's not accuracte. What good is a 7foot "threat" if they can't shoot 50%?

Those are numbers as a primary scorer. He's playing within a system that is supposed to get him open looks - his numbers will improve. He was actually starting to shoot the ball very well last year before he got hurt. And he was driving to the basket more as well.
MDDN48
Senior
And1: 165

Post#91 » by MDDN48 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:03 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
MDDN48 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Bargnani's mid range shot will be something that teams will live with. Think of momentum. When a guy misses that mid-range shot it kills the energy. Usually it is a long rebound and starts a fast break for the other team. Three pointers are worth 150% of that midrange shot so they are more worth the risk. Mid-range face up shooters do not generate free throws. In todays NBA he who owns the ft line owns the game. Jimmy Butler is becoming a star in the league because he takes 13.6 shots a game and gets 8 fta's a game. Mid range is a good weapon to have in an arsenal, but you want to be scoring the bulk of your points in today's NBA from the paint or from 3 point range.

Oh wow. Normally when you say the opponent "can live with that shot", you're insinuating he's not really good from there. Andrea shoots over 50% from mid range; which makes him a reliable weapon from there.

Actually, long rebounds come from missed threes, not twos.

So you'd prefer the team shoot more threes (a lower percentage shot), than Andrea knocking down the consistent two?

:crazy:
"DARE TO BE GREAT"

COMPANY MERCH: http://jam3productions.bigcartel.com/
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,899

Post#92 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:52 am

MDDN48 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
MDDN48 wrote:

Oh wow. Normally when you say the opponent "can live with that shot", you're insinuating he's not really good from there. Andrea shoots over 50% from mid range; which makes him a reliable weapon from there.

Actually, long rebounds come from missed threes, not twos.

So you'd prefer the team shoot more threes (a lower percentage shot), than Andrea knocking down the consistent two?

:crazy:

risk is similar, reward is greater for the 3.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#93 » by Phish Tank » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:26 am

Now include Jose, Timmy, stat, and Jason smith to complete the no defense lineup

Sent from the mind of world peace
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran
And1: 651

Post#94 » by LifeLongKNICK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:56 am

JN wrote:

You just need to add a picture of Calderon on the other side.

F U

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_4PL5Rvw_8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#95 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:12 pm

I actually kind of prefer Bargs to Amar'e. Better fit in triangle and he's a much better post defender. Might even see a Thugnani appearance every once in a blue.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#96 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 pm

As funny as this is, it would be much more fitting with Amar'e. Bargs can actually defend the post.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#97 » by Sprewell4Three » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 pm

If this dude actually cared about the game, wow he could actually be a very good peace in the triangle.

Return to New York Knicks