ImageImageImageImageImage

Please be patient until Calderon + Bargs get back

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Please be patient until Calderon + Bargs get back 

Post#1 » by poeman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Yes, they are NOT our saviors...But they can score points and generate more offense. They also can pass the ball better then most guys on our team. Defense has been rough and will be when Calderon and Bargs get back but don't fear, we have Travis Wear here. 8-)

If we continue to stink up the joint late by Christmas, then please feel free to get frustrated and angry. But just HOPE JR Smith can generate value so he can be traded along with other guys...(maybe Amare as expiring for pick? :o )

We are in a new system, trying to figure things out...The coach is learning on the job and we ALL KNOW this season basically a learning experience for key players (Melo...and thats about it) to become comfortable as part of the system.

So everyone truly needs to relax and be patient...These losses, even to bad teams are bound to happen right now.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,903

Re: Please be patient until Calderon + Bargs get back 

Post#2 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:09 pm

We scored 113 points last night...I don't want to hear anything about offense....
BaF
Washington Wizards
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#3 » by ctorres » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm excited about getting Calderon back just so he could take Larkin's spot but I'm slightly concerned with whether we'll be able to rotate Bargs and Stat effectively. We need another Dalembert. This is where I wouldn't mind a Ronny Turiaf from 4 years ago, he'd fit perfectly.
Kn1cksNation
Senior
And1: 214

Post#4 » by Kn1cksNation » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:16 pm

DaGawd wrote:We scored 113 points last night...I don't want to hear anything about offense....

Umm it was when we went on a huge slump when Melo left which turned the game to Milwaukees favor, we had to shoot our way back in and Milwaukee got too comfortable. Bargs is a better defender than Stat and Smith man to man, Calderon is hundred thousand times better than Larkin, dude plays at one speed and is too short to guard bigger point guards. So yeah their return makes a huge difference
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#5 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Kn1cksNation wrote:
DaGawd wrote:We scored 113 points last night...I don't want to hear anything about offense....

Umm it was when we went on a huge slump when Melo left which turned the game to Milwaukees favor, we had to shoot our way back in and Milwaukee got too comfortable. Bargs is a better defender than Stat and Smith man to man, Calderon is hundred thousand times better than Larkin, dude plays at one speed and is too short to guard bigger point guards. So yeah their return makes a huge difference

...... again we scored 113 points last night... On 55% shooting.. offense is not the god damn problem
BaF
Washington Wizards
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#6 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:19 pm

I'm lmao at yall who really think frickin bargnani is a difference maker..wow
BaF
Washington Wizards
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#7 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Listen, you KNOW what this is saying? Welcome to SCORES! Thank you for your $500. Please don't mind the girls from Port Authority with gonorrhea giving you lap dances. If you're patient, Kate Upton will come out and service you.

NONE of that is happening except losing time, money, and gaining an STD.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#8 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:23 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Kn1cksNation wrote:

...... again we scored 113 points last night... On 55% shooting.. offense is not the god damn problem

maybe if we score 135 a game on 60 percent shooting we can win :lol:
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#9 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:24 pm

people around here were talking tank after the first game and you are asking for patience?

ok, in truth this team does need patience.

people here need to work on remembering past one game as well

yes, last night we scored 113
the previous game we scored over 100 for the first time

offense has been an issue for us up until the last games where defense hasn't been an issue
we've mostly held teams to a low % and score
and we ourselves have been held even lower

so it was mostly offense that was the issue.

but watching the games and watching the good teams its fairly obvious that we need to improve our defense - especially at the 3 point line and on rotations on the perimeter. However offense is far from a settled issue.

Bargs will help a lot because he's gonna keep teams honest on defense
Calderon will do the same but will help even more in control and leadership and in reducing turnovers

patience and perspective. these are needed. and around here they are often lacking from so many posters
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 377

Post#10 » by bballoctober » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Listen, you KNOW what this is saying? Welcome to SCORES! Thank you for your $500. Please don't mind the girls from Port Authority with gonorrhea giving you lap dances. If you're patient, Kate Upton will come out and service you.

NONE of that is happening except losing time, money, and gaining an STD.

What if you use a condom.
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#11 » by GardenFaith » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Neither of the two players Bargs or José play a lick of D so I don't expect much to change on court other than more scoring options if we truly want to just go out and try and outscore teams.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,270

Post#12 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:49 pm

my patience is in knowing that most of these clowns will be gone next season.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#13 » by Red Vines » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Why hasn't a decade+ of dysfunction and disaster been undone in a few months???!!! ARGHHHH!!!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Free Palestine
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#15 » by poeman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:34 pm

DaGawd wrote:I'm lmao at yall who really think frickin bargnani is a difference maker..wow

Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#16 » by Juco24 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:42 pm

The ABSOLUTE worse thing for us @ this point is to win enough to get an eight seed and get swept while losing out on a high pick.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#17 » by JBreezeNY » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:47 pm

GardenFaith wrote:Neither of the two players Bargs or José play a lick of D so I don't expect much to change on court other than more scoring options if we truly want to just go out and try and outscore teams.

This is what people are forgetting but I'm done trying to explain it to people.

We're gonna continue our losing ways. Offense has been a problem but defense is a much bigger problem for us & both of them makes this team worse on that end.

Can't wait for our top 3 pick.
Kn1cksNation
Senior
And1: 214

Post#18 » by Kn1cksNation » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:55 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Kn1cksNation wrote:

...... again we scored 113 points last night... On 55% shooting.. offense is not the god damn problem[/quote}

Yes defense is.......again we scored in garbage time.......those numbers mean nothing
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#19 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Kn1cksNation wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Kn1cksNation wrote:

...... again we scored 113 points last night... On 55% shooting.. offense is not the god damn problem[/quote}

Yes defense is.......again we scored in garbage time.......those numbers mean nothing

lol ok you'll see
BaF
Washington Wizards
GardenFaith
Senior
And1: 450

Post#20 » by GardenFaith » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Our biggest problem is defending the 3 ball, it feels like we have 5 guys in the paint running to the 3 point line to bother the shooter like some sort of bad shooting drill.

I think our inside defence has being average to above average with Dally making huge stops at the rim.

Return to New York Knicks