ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Vs. Dal PG...Nothing stops our TANK.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,410

Re: Knicks Vs. Dal PG...Nothing stops our TANK. 

Post#241 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:52 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Even without Ws the improved play probably does show that a top 3 pick is not at all likely.

But Happy Tanksgiving nonetheless.

could be that phil makes some trades in december, so this thing could go either way. the trades might make us better or worse. who really knows ? it isn't likely though that we'll end up top 3.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#242 » by KnicksGod » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:57 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Even without Ws the improved play probably does show that a top 3 pick is not at all likely.

could be that phil makes some trades in december, so this thing could go either way. the trades might make us better or worse. who really knows ? it isn't likely though that we'll end up top 3.

Agreed. East is worse than ever. He could make some moves. But top 3 May be MORE likely than playoffs. Neither is as likely as a pick between 5 and 12.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#243 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Agreed. East is worse than ever. He could make some moves. But top 3 May be MORE likely than playoffs. Neither is as likely as a pick between 5 and 12.

yep. the worst outcome is the most likely.
KnickswiththeKnack
Starter
And1: 348

Post#244 » by KnickswiththeKnack » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:18 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Phil's got a plan. I'm not sure what it is, but I trust he's got one. Until then, I'm gonna be here, outside the tank, rooting for my team to win.
"...and now aaaaaaalll the Knicks with the knack" - Walt "Clyde" Frazier
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#245 » by KnicksGod » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:22 pm

KnickswiththeKnack wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Phil's got a plan. I'm not sure what it is, but I trust he's got one. Until then, I'm gonna be here, outside the tank, rooting for my team to win.

Looking at the fish tank.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#246 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:24 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

he's got the same exact plan donnie walsh had. that he can tear it down and retool quickly through free agency. but it's not that easy unfortunately.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#247 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:40 pm

Just checking to see if emo survived Tyson's monster game.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,214

Post#248 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

he's got the same exact plan donnie walsh had. that he can tear it down and retool quickly through free agency. but it's not that easy unfortunately.

We have Melo this time around. That has to mean something
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#249 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Amare, JR, Jason, THJ need to go ASAP

Bring the Westchester crew here to playout

Strong, Sanchez, Thanasis, Galloway
Strength and Honour!
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#250 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:26 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

It would mean something if you complemented him and believed the Knicks were in a position to win. It was a lightning strike for Miami to get its big 3 and it required Bosh sacrificing. Love is getting killed by going to do it in Cleveland. It depends on how many people want to play with Melo. I honestly don't know if he's a draw. You have to be a point guard or a center to want to play with Melo and mesh with him. You can't really be a dominant scorer. Melo isn't an easy building block because as good as he is he's not a passer. Melo didn't work with Iverson and Amar'e but worked with the likes of Billups, Miller and Kidd. You have to love passing to work with Melo.
KnickswiththeKnack
Starter
And1: 348

Post#251 » by KnickswiththeKnack » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

On the real tho, no plan is easy. If it were we'd have a wider variety of championship teams than we do. Gotta hope that Phil has a better eye for fitting pieces, that's really what it comes down to.
"...and now aaaaaaalll the Knicks with the knack" - Walt "Clyde" Frazier
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#252 » by mugzi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:16 pm

These cats aint playin! Protect the tank!

YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
knicknack
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#253 » by knicknack » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Besart19 wrote:Tyson with 17 and 25 tonight

A proof that he was ass here... No heart, no effort... Made Hibbert look like a prime Hakeem

While

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/537819646481539072[/tweet]

AND THAT WAS A KILLER!
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#254 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:00 pm

emo wrote:I do remember you saying something along the lines of playing the role of the poster that stirs things or whatever before the season began.

So I know posts like this are complete bullsh*t.

Y'know I got banned for 5 days, speaking out about the Marcus Camby deal pointing out that the Knicks were screwed for a broken down horse. Guess what?

I also faced scrutiny predicting the Knicks would NOT match for Jeremy Lin WAY before the playoffs were over. Guess what?

I was trolled by Bran Fast Hands for saying the Knicks were worse off with Bargnani. Guess what?

I was ALSO a person who spoke out saying, Tyson Chandler DID quit but NO ONE else was playing defense...

What IS Bullsh#t is the fact when someone says something that the consensus doesn't like, they're ostracized even when they're RIGHT.

Dig up that Da-Lame-bert thread where SO MANY posters thought he was an upgrade over Tyson. He's CLEARLY NOT.

So let's watch some basketball before we start pointing the finger, YES?

I don't sugar coat what every one is in denial about...

*drops mic*
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#255 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

We had Amare back then, he didnt attract anyone, not even sure if he attracted Melo at this point.

But I agree with free agency we will find out who is attracted to play with Melo.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#256 » by KnicksGod » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:07 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

On the real tho, no plan is easy. If it were we'd have a wider variety of championship teams than we do. Gotta hope that Phil has a better eye for fitting pieces, that's really what it comes down to.

And every successful plan has a large helping of luck.
Besart19
RealGM

Post#257 » by Besart19 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:03 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

We had Amare back then, he didnt attract anyone, not even sure if he attracted Melo at this point.

But I agree with free agency we will find out who is attracted to play with Melo.

I don't know one single (star) player not to like Melo, either as a player or a person!

Plus, we have Phil around, and we're a big market! Salary-cap might be a greater obstacle!
Strength and Honour!
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#258 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:25 am

Besart19 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I don't know one single (star) player not to like Melo, either as a player or a person!

Plus, we have Phil around, and we're a big market! Salary-cap might be a greater obstacle!

I don't know one single (star) player not to like Amar'e, either as a player or a person!

Plus, we had D'Antoni and Walsh around, and we're big market! And we had room for another max!

The myth of the big market has been debunked once nobody took Chicago money to follow in Jordan's footsteps, nobody took New York money period except the guy who wanted an NBA contract and not an NFL contract, and nobody came to LA to play with Kobe.

Every CBA has been about restricting free agency more and more. It's a tough gamble and a riskier and riskier plan. I'm afraid that Phil will be discovered to be another celebrity empty suit as free agents either stay home or gang up together elsewhere again.

And which free agent's game fits in with Melo's that needs a change of scenery? It's tough to fit in with a scorer. People want to play with Lebron because he moves the ball. People want to play with Dwight because he's big and rebounds and lets you gamble for steals. People want to play with Dirk because his range allows you single coverage and driving lanes. Melo's a post up small forward so he takes spots from the 4, takes shots from 3s and 2s. Basically you need to be a passing one looking for a target or a big rebounding five who is looking to win. It isn't easy to fit with Melo.
Besart19
RealGM

Post#259 » by Besart19 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:36 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:We had Amare back then, he didnt attract anyone, not even sure if he attracted Melo at this point.

I don't know one single (star) player not to like Amar'e, either as a player or a person!

Plus, we had D'Antoni and Walsh around, and we're big market! And we had room for another max!

The myth of the big market has been debunked once nobody took Chicago money to follow in Jordan's footsteps, nobody took New York money period except the guy who wanted an NBA contract and not an NFL contract, and nobody came to LA to play with Kobe.

Every CBA has been about restricting free agency more and more. It's a tough gamble and a riskier and riskier plan. I'm afraid that Phil will be discovered to be another celebrity empty suit as free agents either stay home or gang up together elsewhere again.

Are you better than Phil?! :) This is a sport and part of it are many aspects and facets. Competition, luck, particular circumstances and many unknown things. You can't predict nothing for sure, nor you can judge anyone as a winner or loser just like that for what he does and accomplish! To be professional, patient, smart and give your best effort is what we can ask. We can't change the things just like that. No one has that magical skeptr to make things happen like in a fairytales!!

John Stockton and Karl Malone never won a ring... You can't blame them, nor the organization for that... Everyone tries and does what he thinks and believes is the best for them.

PS: Via draft?! Someone will say (but you can pick Duncan, but you can get a Bargnani 2.0.)... Via FA?! Some other might say (but look what happened in 2010)... Via trades?! A third part would react: Ohh, no... look what a mess we're during the Isaiah years and his horrible win-now terrible moves by trading away draft picks (but, wasnt the draft way a gambe?!... these are irrelevant)... You never go in a battle to die, but to fight and give your best... even the worst can happen at anytime!! Salut
Strength and Honour!
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#260 » by offense » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:16 am

Besart19 wrote:Amare, JR, Jason, THJ need to go ASAP

Bring the Westchester crew here to playout

Strong, Sanchez, Thanasis, Galloway

Thard is fine.

Return to New York Knicks