ImageImageImageImageImage

Premature question keep top3 prospect/trade for proven plyr

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Re: Premature question keep top3 prospect/trade for proven p 

Post#81 » by Meat » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:06 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
QueenzAllDay wrote:I want to win next season. For those of you hating on Kobe, you sound exactly like the people who bash Melo.

Kobe, Melo, and Gasol is a great all in team in the east. It doesn't have to be Kobe it could be another star but I would trade that pick asap to get a high quality level star next to Melo and Gasol.

If I can't get Gasol, and it really depends on who it is we get instead, I would be more reluctant to trade that pick.

You say you want to win, but you also want a guy who is averaging 24 shots a game and is shooting 38% from the field, is not a good defender anymore, and does not like passing.

What quality star are you aiming for...? Because, as far as I know, those guys are kinda hard to trade for IF they are even available.

would you do any of those things if you played for this laker's team? phone it home and cash your check
Meat
Head Coach

Post#82 » by Meat » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
QueenzAllDay wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
You say you want to win, but you also want a guy who is averaging 24 shots a game and is shooting 38% from the field, is not a good defender anymore, and does not like passing.

What quality star are you aiming for...? Because, as far as I know, those guys are kinda hard to trade for IF they are even available.

Which is why I brought up the Melo bashing comparison. I don't think people understand exactly what he is dealing with this season.

He is in a horrible situation. The coaching in LA is Mike Woodson level bad, his teammates are comparable to the standards we've had here, and he's doing everything he can to try to shoot this team to victories because there isn't any one else who is executing at all.

Kobe just like when he had Pau/Shaq, will be just fine when he returns to a system he is very familiar with and on top of that having two all stars in their prime to carry their own weight.

As someone who has had the unfortunate experience of watching a Lakers game, all Kobe cares about is getting his points. Yeah, his team is ****, but Kobe is not looking to help the team win. Keep him the hell away from the team + the idea of trading a top pick for him (at his current contract + declining style of play + selfish nature) makes the idea one of the worst I have seen on the board.

you have to hope that a was done tongue in cheek... you really have to to hope
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#83 » by Workforce250 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:22 pm

QueenzAllDay wrote:
Statrax wrote:
QueenzAllDay wrote:If we land a A+ guy like Gasol, I don't see why not swinging a trade with that pick for another stud like Kobe. I could see us going all in next year but it really depends if we can land Gasol.

Kobe for a top 3 pick ?? :lol: :lol:

HELL NO

Unless you are promising me LeBron, I don't care about the pick. Bring on Kobe.

NO
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#84 » by Workforce250 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:37 pm

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:Calderon, JR, and #6 pick for Rubio?

:crazy:
BRIGGS
Analyst
And1: 128

Post#85 » by BRIGGS » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Maybe this is why Dolan does what he does--becuase we have so many stupid fans. In this day and age you need "salaried" controlled talent. This is our GREAT opportunity to get a big man for the next 10 years. The first tier of talent runs 1-5 deep and the second tier maybe out to 12-13.

The guys I want with pick 1

1 of Ok4 Towns Dakari Johnson or Harrell--in that order. This also remains open to trading down for 2 1st round picks. If I could take pick 4 and turn it into Johnson Kaminsky and Jerian Grant for example--I would do it.
Vanilla Ice is the best rap artist of all time
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#86 » by Workforce250 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:03 pm

BRIGGS wrote:Maybe this is why Dolan does what he does--becuase we have so many stupid fans. In this day and age you need "salaried" controlled talent. This is our GREAT opportunity to get a big man for the next 10 years. The first tier of talent runs 1-5 deep and the second tier maybe out to 12-13.

1 of Ok4 Towns Dakari Johnson or Harrell--in that order. This also remains open to trading down for 2 1st round picks. If I could take pick 4 and turn it into Johnson Kaminsky and Jerian Grant for example--I would do it.

Your point is that if we fall in the top 5-10 we should still develop that talent. Since it's only speculation, would you not offer a #10 for let say Tobias Harris? He is immediately better than any #10 in the draft at this time. Agree or no?
Joe Curry
Senior
And1: 77

Post#87 » by Joe Curry » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Short sightedness will cripple us
BRIGGS
Analyst
And1: 128

Post#88 » by BRIGGS » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Workforce250 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Maybe this is why Dolan does what he does--becuase we have so many stupid fans. In this day and age you need "salaried" controlled talent. This is our GREAT opportunity to get a big man for the next 10 years. The first tier of talent runs 1-5 deep and the second tier maybe out to 12-13.

Your point is that if we fall in the top 5-10 we should still develop that talent. Since it's only speculation, would you not offer a #10 for let say Tobias Harris? He is immediately better than any #10 in the draft at this time. Agree or no?

Would I do it--yea BUT
Thats not happening.

OF COURSE if something too good to pass up was there I would do it. But show me 1 example of that. My premise--keep our SALARY CAP SPACE and DRAFT good players. Its like almost any trade we do--we always include a pick and its always backfires for 15 years running.
Vanilla Ice is the best rap artist of all time
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#89 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Meat wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
QueenzAllDay wrote:I want to win next season. For those of you hating on Kobe, you sound exactly like the people who bash Melo.

Kobe, Melo, and Gasol is a great all in team in the east. It doesn't have to be Kobe it could be another star but I would trade that pick asap to get a high quality level star next to Melo and Gasol.

If I can't get Gasol, and it really depends on who it is we get instead, I would be more reluctant to trade that pick.

would you do any of those things if you played for this laker's team? phone it home and cash your check

Well I like winning soo...
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,964

Post#90 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Workforce250 wrote:

he' a free agent though (restricted). If we really want him then just offer a contract. If he still ends up resigning in Orlando, then so be it. There's a lot of other players on that level or better that we can just sign AND we can keep the pick.

We are in a position where we don't have to give up assets for talent. We can just sign them. We need to take advantage of that because we really don't have any assets to spare. We need all the cheap young talent we can get.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#91 » by Workforce250 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Workforce250 wrote:

he' a free agent though (restricted). If we really want him then just offer a contract. If he still ends up resigning in Orlando, then so be it. There's a lot of other players on that level or better that we can just sign AND we can keep the pick.

We are in a position where we don't have to give up assets for talent. We can just sign them. We need to take advantage of that because we really don't have any assets to spare. We need all the cheap young talent we can get.

So this pick will be the pick of picks for a long while, if our projections of competitiveness materializes.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#92 » by Meat » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:46 pm

anyone know the odds of a top 10 pick becoming an all star?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#93 » by god shammgod » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Meat wrote:anyone know the odds of a top 10 pick becoming an all star?

i don't but if i remember it's not that great. you want top 5.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#94 » by god shammgod » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:53 pm

http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

So at a glance you can see the first five picks tend towards stars and solid types with no complete busts.

The 6-10 range show about 1/3 of the picks reaching star status, but lots of role players as well.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#95 » by Meat » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:25 pm

god shammgod wrote:http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

So at a glance you can see the first five picks tend towards stars and solid types with no complete busts.

The 6-10 range show about 1/3 of the picks reaching star status, but lots of role players as well.

thanks, good ****
projectpaki
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#96 » by projectpaki » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:41 am

http://www.82games.com/bestdraftingteams.htm, Knicks with 0 stars from 1989-2008.
Illuminatos
Analyst
And1: 1,211

Post#97 » by Illuminatos » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:58 am

So if we get a top 3 pick you guys want to trade it for Kobe Bryant?!?!?!?!?!? :eek1:

Knick fans :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The only players I'd trade that pick for is LeBron or Durant. Not a 36 year old Kobe shooting 38% from the floor. :crazy:
WadeInTheWater wrote:I stick up for LeBron to the depths of the earth, i tell anyone i know when discussing basketball that LeBron is everything that Jordan was AND more but just without the rings YET. No doubt about he is better all round than Jordan ever was

^^Trololol^^
BodyCount
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Post#98 » by BodyCount » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:14 pm

I would like this team to look something like this next year:

Okafor or Towns
Noel
Melo
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Jeff Teague or Calderon

Well maybe there's some deal where we can trade all 3 of our sg's+ add something for Antenokounmpo. If we sign some nice free agent we can trade him for noel maybe. Philly can't sign **** in free agencies, so I dn maybe they would do marc gasol for Noel. We're not getting Jeff Teague, that's a fact, but I can dream :D

But yeah, Antetokounmpo, Jeff Teague, or Noel, if we manage to get 1 somehow and draft one of those 2, I'll be a happy man.

Return to New York Knicks