ImageImageImageImageImage

realistically what and who were NOT getting this summer

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Re: realistically what and who were NOT getting this summer 

Post#141 » by malik959 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:12 am

Realistically if we fall to # 5, or even if we did receive the #1 we should trade down for Stanley Johnson. He's an athletic Ron Artest who actually keeps his head in the game. Move Melo to PF and let Stanley and Cleanthony go at it for SF. Sign Dragic and Milsap or Hibbert, and low ball STAT. We would have a line up of:

Dragic, Calderon
Shump, THJ
Johnson, Early
Melo, Stat
Hibbert or Milsap, C. Aldridge.

This would be a great defensive team
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yk3uPL4s-U[/youtube]
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,586

Post#142 » by Meat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:27 am

why is it the assumption that we'll be targeting frontcourt players this offseason?
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#143 » by EricAnderson » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 am

All these suggestions none leave us anywhere near contending

I'd rather swing for the fence and miss then waste the space on players that will make us nothing more then a mid tier playoff team
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#144 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Meat wrote:why is it the assumption that we'll be targeting frontcourt players this offseason?

Because all of our bigs suck. I mean, we sick everywhere but just think. This roster even now with a healthy Tyson would be a lower to mid tier playoff team. He's gone because we don't wanna stop at that. But it doesn't mean you don't need the position. To me it's the positron where you get the most impact bars on talent.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,586

Post#145 » by Meat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Meat wrote:why is it the assumption that we'll be targeting frontcourt players this offseason?

Because all of our bigs suck. I mean, we sick everywhere but just think. This roster even now with a healthy Tyson would be a lower to mid tier playoff team. He's gone because we don't wanna stop at that. But it doesn't mean you don't need the position. To me it's the positron where you get the most impact bars on talent.

all of our guards stuck too
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#146 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Meat wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

all of our guards stuck too

That is true but to me if you'll see the biggest impact from one player it's a C or PF. Again to my point. We had all these guards for the last four years and the difference of Tyson to Dalembert alone is the difference between a low to middle of the pack playoff team vs a lottery team and Calderon was supposed to be a vast improvement.

In other words you'll get more value or of an elite big and service guards than elite guards and a serviceable big in my opinion. Plus you can do more. The better the big, the more flexibility you have with the rest of your roster. You can go fully traditional with a big or you can play smaller so long as you got an anchor big man.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#147 » by Jose7 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:57 pm

BIG MEN. BIG MEN. BIG MEN.

We need active rebounders and paint defenders. Biggest flaw on our team is rebounding by far.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,315

Post#148 » by Moose » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:22 pm

My thinking right now is, if the Knicks draft Okafor or Towns, I think they can realistically sign Millsap and Matthews.

If they draft Mudiay, then they'll take aim at Gasol and probably miss. But there are other C's available. They may want to start Mudiay at the 2 and sign a swing forward to pair with Melo.

Return to New York Knicks