ImageImageImageImageImage

NYPOST: Melo now willing to waive no-trade clause

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: NYPOST: Melo now willing to waive no-trade clause 

Post#581 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:21 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:It's not like Lin was outplayed by Price or anything, he just couldn't do his thing with Kobe there.

Lin is absolute trash. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't defend. The guy is a mistake waiting to happen. After this contract, I doubt he'll even get the mininum. He's that bad.

Everything is untrue except for the mistake part. He will definitely get more than the minimum, even his most ardent haters think he'll be a good backup. He has improved his dribbling, shooting and defense. He just hasn't found a way to be consistent yet. I'm sure he'll be less mistake prone as he matures and has every aspect of the game learned.

bklynstoops wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:Blake broke his leg in his rookie season, he's fine. Broke his own leg? Na, he was pushed from behind by DMo.

It's not like Lin was outplayed by Price or anything, he just couldn't do his thing with Kobe there.

Look, I don't know what your rooting interest is other than Lin, but you're clearly not a Knicks fan because you hanging onto a proposal that no sane Knicks fan would even entertain for half a second.

I'm neither a Lakers nor Knicks fan.
One, Melo most likely isn't going anywhere; certainly not a 7-16 Lakers team that is miles away from contending.

It depends on how true the rumor that he is willing to waive the no trade thing. The Lakers are the Lakers, who knows? I think Melo did come out and say he was interested in signing with the Lakers this summer.
Two, comparing Randle to Blake is wild speculation at this point. And yes, he broke his leg hitting it on his other leg.

The guy said he was injured therefore he's no good. Well, I said that's not true, look at Blake. I never said Randle will be like Blake. He got pushed. It's not like he was dribbling and suddenly broke his leg.
Three, the fact that Lin's even in a conversation with the likes of Price is his own fault. The Lakers run some similar sets to our triangle and focus on the half court set like we do. Lin's looks lost in that offense. Even if we wanted him, he'd be widely available for $3-4M next year. Randle and Lin have no value.

Sure, he can be signed in the off season, it depends whether this year for the Knicks is a complete shutdown or not and it depends on his play from now on. If he can consistently play like he did in the first half against the Spurs, he'd cost more than that. Randle has no value???~~ HAhaha, then it's too bad.

Lin isn't lost in the the offense. He was doing well setting up the offense and Kobe but he's hesitating and not playing very well otherwise.

Meat wrote:any more videos of him dominating d-league talent? that's the stuff we wanna see

~lol~
Preseason is not summer league or d-league. Regular NBA players play in preseason games.

Jeffrey wrote:If you were to trade Melo... you will not get equal value for him. Why do I get the feeling that this board doesn't understand that. Look at trade histories when it comes to players like Anthony. Even the Nuggets/Knicks trade.. the Nuggets only got 50 cents on a dollar.

His contract is more than what Amar'e made. How many teams are willing to pay that price? Dallas, Lakers?

Yup, that's how it is.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
playboy jeanie
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#582 » by playboy jeanie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:44 pm

GONYK wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Melo is slower than Pierce?

When he gets old he will become less athletic and thus he will be slower. Aging will make him worse or at least that should be thought of as something that might happen. As a team that's close to rock bottom building a contender takes 3-4 years especially if it's being built from that level the Knicks are at now.

Prime Pierce was still slower than current Melo.

If Melo doesn't match Pierce's production, it won't be due to speed.

Prime Pierce was quicker than prime Melo. Pierce likes to play deliberately with the ball so people think he's slow. But prime Pierce had lateral quickness, vision and strength that made him a better playmaker and defender.
playboy jeanie
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#583 » by playboy jeanie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:Randle has better value?

Sorry, sir, but you need to get out of this forum.

I'm not even a ra-ra Melo guy and that statement is fcking ridiculous. An injured rookie who has played half an NBA game has more value than a guy who has proven to be a premiere scorer in the league the past decade. Okay.

The question is not the value of Randle, which is an unknown by itself, but the value of Melo. If Melo has started his decline, then with his salary, he might soon become a hindrance instead of an asset. Years 4 and 5 of that contract will be terrible for whoever has Melo.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,866

Post#584 » by Context » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:16 pm

This was Melos and Phil's plan all along :wink:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#585 » by rammagen » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:38 pm

I trade him but not for anything but picls from the lakers. Randle does not have enough value for Melo. Randle and 2 or 3 first round picks and then we can start talking other players but the laker fans trolling this thread are homers to think it is even close even in the next 2 yrs. Randle is a complete unknown and has could not even complete a full season.. that is where your conversation stops and draft picks to 2 or three plus other players
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#586 » by Kenyon009 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:35 am

playboy jeanie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:When he gets old he will become less athletic and thus he will be slower. Aging will make him worse or at least that should be thought of as something that might happen. As a team that's close to rock bottom building a contender takes 3-4 years especially if it's being built from that level the Knicks are at now.

Prime Pierce was still slower than current Melo.

If Melo doesn't match Pierce's production, it won't be due to speed.

Prime Pierce was quicker than prime Melo. Pierce likes to play deliberately with the ball so people think he's slow. But prime Pierce had lateral quickness, vision and strength that made him a better playmaker and defender.

Lool so he had quickness but never used it? Strong argument...
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#587 » by MrProb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:44 am

Pierce was so good that barely anyone knows about his existence for years until the arrival of KG and Ray.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#588 » by Ignitowsky » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:54 am

MrProb wrote:Pierce was so good that barely anyone knows about his existence for years until the arrival of KG and Ray.

I hate Pierce more than any player in the NBA and it kills me to say anything good about him, but he was a multiple all star (5 times I think) before KG or Ray set foot in Boston. What you said is just complete fiction.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Slackstring701
Starter
And1: 1,963

Post#589 » by Slackstring701 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:21 am

asked this in the trade thread as well but how does Melo's trade kicker work?
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#590 » by GYK » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:36 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
MrProb wrote:Pierce was so good that barely anyone knows about his existence for years until the arrival of KG and Ray.

I hate Pierce more than any player in the NBA and it kills me to say anything good about him, but he was a multiple all star (5 times I think) before KG or Ray set foot in Boston. What you said is just complete fiction.

Yea five exactly
Five in which he was never able to make a starting lineup
Five in which he couldn't be the second to last off the bench

Pierce ring made him an all time great.
He was never on track to be top ten scoring all-time
Melo from rookie year to his trade would be the third seed nearly every single year.
Pierce doesn't have Melo seasons. He was an after thought. You won't find articles about him pre-Boston 3 Party.
If Melo wins a ring this comparison will be laughable.
Ignitowsky
General Manager

Post#591 » by Ignitowsky » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:31 am

GYK wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:

Yea five exactly

Melo from rookie year to his trade would be the third seed nearly every single year.
Pierce doesn't have Melo seasons. He was an after thought. You won't find articles about him pre-Boston 3 Party.

Yes, I agree with all of your post, but my response still holds. Pierce was a well known star way before KG and Allen came to Boston. he can f*ck himself though. I'll always hate him.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#592 » by MrProb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:25 am

GYK wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:

Yea five exactly

You took the words off my mouth.
Being an all-star doesn't mean you're a well-known player, analists will recognized you from time to time if you're playing good and that makes people vote for you and someone like Pierce back then was just another player to add to the bench.

I'm not saying he's terrible, he's skilled and crafty BUT the logic behind who's great and who's not is just beyond stupid sometimes... ala fallacy and this being used to attack certain players are so lame.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,536

Post#593 » by Meat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 pm

GYK wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:

Yea five exactly

playing in boston didnt hurt either, old white writers love sucking off celtics
Ignitowsky
General Manager

Post#594 » by Ignitowsky » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Meat wrote:
GYK wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:I hate Pierce more than any player in the NBA and it kills me to say anything good about him, but he was a multiple all star (5 times I think) before KG or Ray set foot in Boston. What you said is just complete fiction.

Yea five exactly

EVERYONE in Eastern Mass loves sucking off the Celtics.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#595 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:

Yes, and have Shaq call him "the Truth", which was commonly used then.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#596 » by frogfood » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:18 am

That white hat + blue band, oof..
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#597 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:22 am

Context wrote:This was Melos and Phil's plan all along :wink:

where the f*ck have you been? hope all is well
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#598 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:26 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
Meat wrote:
GYK wrote:Yea five exactly

I don't know what they put in the water up there, but I even started sucking off the Celtics while I was a student up at BC back in the late 70s. This was during the Michael Ray, Ray Williams days and then Auerbach orchestrated the Bird/McHale/Parish moves. When that happened, I went into a temporary period of insanity. It was so much fun to watch that team play. (Begins to cry.) I'm sorry.
Free Palestine
Ignitowsky
General Manager

Post#599 » by Ignitowsky » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
Meat wrote:playing in boston didnt hurt either, old white writers love sucking off celtics

I don't know what they put in the water up there, but I even started sucking off the Celtics while I was a student up at BC back in the late 70s. This was during the Michael Ray, Ray Williams days and then Auerbach orchestrated the Bird/McHale/Parish moves. When that happened, I went into a temporary period of insanity. It was so much fun to watch that team play. (Begins to cry.) I'm sorry.

It's Ok Wingy :D You came to your senses. Just don't tell that story to Clyde if you ever meet him.

Return to New York Knicks