ImageImageImageImageImage

Max Out All-Star Jimmy Butler

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Re: Max Out All-Star Jimmy Butler 

Post#121 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Jan 3, 2015 5:35 pm

I was opposed to giving him the max earlier in the season but Jimmy has shown so far that he's committed to his craft and wants to continue to get better.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#122 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:04 pm

Draft Justise Winslow, he is going to be better than Butler soon, max a big, hopefully Gasol, if not go after a combo of PF with range and defensive big, alla Millsap+Lopez
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#123 » by Workforce250 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:33 pm

Fischella wrote:Draft Justise Winslow, he is going to be better than Butler soon, max a big, hopefully Gasol, if not go after a combo of PF with range and defensive big, alla Millsap+Lopez

I did some research on this kid and he looks like a top 5 for certain. This actually eliminates a top 1 or bust scenario, as it appears we can walk away with a stud in the top 5 regardless.
Justise Winslow would start at the 2 for sure and appears to be an impact player. However we have a huge hole at the power forward and center position.

Personally and I will continue to say it:
Max out Butler anyway and force Chicago to not offer Noah a contract next year (2016) and then scoop him up.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#124 » by RememberLu » Sat Jan 3, 2015 7:25 pm

I don't know why people keep saying the Bulls are cheap. our owner gave Carlos Boozer $80 million then amnestied him.

If we'll give $80 mil to Boozer I think we'd match any offer for Jimmy.

Bulls are certain to match any offer, but with the cap increases being uncertain and Mirotic becoming such a good player I think it's more likely Taj Gibson becomes available. He'd be really good for you guys. He's a NY native too
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#125 » by Wonderllama » Sat Jan 3, 2015 7:53 pm

Jimmy Butler may be one of those contract year players, but he's still worth a shot. Totally in favor of offering him the max
jumpstart
Starter
And1: 771

Post#126 » by jumpstart » Sat Jan 3, 2015 8:17 pm

I think if Rose gets hurt again and the team just starts breaking down he might consider leaving the Bulls. But that's a low probability. Knicks need to get rid of Melo somehow. He's such a waste of effort at this point. Bad off season move imo.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#127 » by PaKii94 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 8:46 pm

I really hope the knicks offer him the max, that way the bulls can match instead of having to offer the higher max with bigger raises
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,418

Post#128 » by KnicksGod » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:01 pm

PaKii94 wrote:I really hope the knicks offer him the max, that way the bulls can match instead of having to offer the higher max with bigger raises

Or he takes the qualifying offer and goes for the Mega Max in 2016.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#129 » by PaKii94 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:49 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:I really hope the knicks offer him the max, that way the bulls can match instead of having to offer the higher max with bigger raises

lol he took the gamble already, he will get paid but yeah i guess it could happen... wont... but it could

and jimmy aint a money chaser
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#130 » by KnicksGod » Sun Jan 4, 2015 12:04 am

PaKii94 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

lol he took the gamble already, he will get paid but yeah i guess it could happen... wont... but it could

He already turned down the idea of giving the Bulls a "hometown discount" -- sounds like at least a little bit of a money chaser ... to me.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#131 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 12:13 am

KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

He already turned down the idea of giving the Bulls a "hometown discount" -- sounds like at least a little bit of a money chaser ... to me.

is that what people outside of chicago think? Bulls offered him a really good deal for his production last year I think it was 11-12 mil, Jimmy wanted 13-14. Jimmy didn't take that because that's not his worth, bulls didnt offer more because they don't foolish throw money. Jimmy bet on himself and for good reason. NOONE expected this type of growth. The bulls didn't ask for a "hometown discount". It was just the first few bs reports that were based on his agent's biased quotes.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#132 » by KnicksGod » Sun Jan 4, 2015 1:10 am

PaKii94 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

is that what people outside of chicago think? Bulls offered him a really good deal for his production last year I think it was 11-12 mil, Jimmy wanted 13-14. Jimmy didn't take that because that's not his worth, bulls didnt offer more because they don't foolish throw money. Jimmy bet on himself and for good reason. NOONE expected this type of growth. The bulls didn't ask for a "hometown discount". It was just the first few bs reports that were based on his agent's biased quotes.

If in doubt it's a safe bet that players will try to maximize their value in every situation. The qualifying offer is probably too risky though, unless he thinks he's worth over $22M per in 2016. Maybe he tries for a 2-year Max deal with Chicago with a 2nd-year player option.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#133 » by PaKii94 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 1:24 am

KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

If in doubt it's a safe bet that players will try to maximize their value in every situation. The qualifying offer is probably too risky though, unless he thinks he's worth over $22M per in 2016. Maybe he tries for a 2-year Max deal with Chicago with a 2nd-year player option.

yeah the worry now is he will want a player option for when the TV deal happens.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#134 » by Workforce250 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:01 pm

RememberLu wrote:I don't know why people keep saying the Bulls are cheap. our owner gave Carlos Boozer $80 million then amnestied him.

Bulls are certain to match any offer, but with the cap increases being uncertain and Mirotic becoming such a good player I think it's more likely Taj Gibson becomes available. He'd be really good for you guys. He's a NY native too

GTFO lmao

What some of us are pushing is to max Butler for you. If you match Butler, we're going after Noah the following year, ooops.

So take Gibson (Jenny from the Bronx) and get another dance partner Bro. "He'll be good for us" hahahahahahahahahahaha
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#135 » by Workforce250 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:06 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

yeah the worry now is he will want a player option for when the TV deal happens.

Diarrhea type worry?

RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#136 » by RememberLu » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:35 pm

Workforce250 wrote:
RememberLu wrote:I don't know why people keep saying the Bulls are cheap. our owner gave Carlos Boozer $80 million then amnestied him.

GTFO lmao

What some of us are pushing is to max Butler for you. If you match Butler, we're going after Noah the following year, ooops.

So take Gibson (Jenny from the Bronx) and get another dance partner Bro. "He'll be good for us" hahahahahahahahahahaha

Noah has looked terrible this year, if you want to overpay another declining veteran then have at it :lol:
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#137 » by Workforce250 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 6:39 pm

RememberLu wrote:
Workforce250 wrote:

GTFO lmao

Noah has looked terrible this year, if you want to overpay another declining veteran then have at it :lol:

We won't have to over pay. Ooops BUT don't peek, you guys will be max'd out.
Sup?

Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#138 » by Bulls69 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 7:06 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

I love on how posters call the Bulls cheap it's a business Jimmy came a long way since just a season ago hard work is paying off for this kid. The odds of Jimmy leaving the Bulls this off season is very remote the Bulls are going to match offers for him if they have to Gibson will be traded .
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#139 » by Bulls69 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 7:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

The hometown discount is a myth this kid should get the max amount of money the open market dictates Melo did not give a hometown discount it's a crap shot and now he maybe gone for the year.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#140 » by Workforce250 » Sun Jan 4, 2015 7:31 pm

Bulls69 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

The hometown discount is a myth this kid should get the max amount of money the open market dictates Melo did not give a hometown discount it's a crap shot and now he maybe gone for the year.

I agree,
It was a gamble that Butler used as additional motivation it appears. Now the Bulls will have to fork over whatever anyone offers in order to keep their arguably best young player.
Many Bulls fans understandably will prayerfully discuss a discount, but other Teams will not be so abiding, believe you me.

Return to New York Knicks